2,701 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant south beach rooms are small hotel guests rain shower hotel pool city view took great care bachelorette party the entire staff pool staff people watching amazing service hot pot lincoln road ocean drive
Selected filters
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel provides patrons with excellent customer service! The staff was very friendly and helpful from the time I pulled into the hotel until the time we left. The hotel is right off the beach and a short walk from plenty of shopping!! I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was small but the service received made up for it. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your review on SLS South Beach. I am very happy to hear that you felt a friendly welcome from all of the staff they are who make the guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I loved this place.
- The staff are super friendly and 'chummy' while still providing a very efficient service
- The public areas and the restaurant are great and can be relaxing and laid back during teh day whiel transforming into a buzzy atmosphere in the evening
- Rooms are a tad small and yet have everything you might need. The showers are amazing, with very high water pressure making them an absolute pleasure to use.

The only complaint I'd have is that they haven't thought about elevator capacity much and you can wait a long time to catch one. Particularly when a long line forms in front of you with people waiting. I ended up taking the stairs whenever possible but you can only do this on the way down (for security reasons) and only if you're not too high up.

It's not a cheap place to stay in but then again you wouldn't expect cheap places on south beach!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

An exciting unique experience is exactly what we aim to provide to all of our guests, it makes me very happy to know this is what you felt while you were at SLS. Thank you for the feedback in regard to the elevators, we are currently looking into some options to decrease elevator wait times. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We visited the SLS Miami as part of our honeymoon and couldn't have been more impressed. On arrival we were greeted (by Jamie & Justin) who handed us a glass of champgane and then informed us we had a complimentary room upgrade. Once we'd checked into our room there was another complimentary bottle of champagne and a personalised note from the Manager congratulating us on our marriage.

I can honestly say I've not experienced customer service like it - the team were absolutely amazing throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble, they recommended and booked restaurants, always greeted us with a smile and the guys on the beach remembered our names on a daily basis. I work for a hotel company so visit many hotels every year - the SLS really was fabulous.

For the practical stuff, the room was definitely large enough and extremely stylish. The bed was huge and the bathroom/shower were great. The facilities of the hotel were also superb, the private area on the beach was my favourite and the saturday pool parties at the hyde beach pool were legendary (do remember to bring some extra cash as spirits are a little pricey in miami).

It's a great location and I'd recommend the SLS to any honeymooners out there or young (ish) couples looking for somewhere cool & stylish with a unique, personalised service. thanks for making our honeymoon one to remember SLS!

Date of stay: December 2013

It brings me great pleasure to know that you had such an enjoyable stay at SLS south beach and that it was the staff that made the stay amazing for you. I completely agree with you that customer service is the key to making the perfect guest experience. I am glad that you enjoyed that design of the hotel as we are very proud of our little boutique on the beach. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were recommended this hotel and a far as the location, it is superb. However it stops there. We checked in for 5 nights, and at first were put into a room with two doubles (we only required 1 bed) This room is super small with no room for suitcases. The SLS is home to an infamous beach club called the Hyde, which is open to public, and the restaurants are the hip places to be so the hotel is always busy and has a nice vibe. The down side is the hotel staff do not really pay much attention to hotel guests, they seem to be too wrapped up in who walks through the door for their restaurants and bars. A hotel staff member opened the front door for a restaurant guest, and soon let it close upon our entry (disgusting) for the price you pay, you expect 5 star service. Nobody greets you and opens the front door (unless you are somebody important) and the valet guys out front are unwelcoming and pretentious. We asked for an umbrella to shelter ourselves from the torrential downpour outside, and the front desk staff declined. We also had called guest services to have our bags collected from our room for check out to which nobody came, we had to cart all luggage down the lifts ourselves with no help. There are two lifts which are very slow and small, and there seems to be no staff service lift which means you shared it with staff hauling luggage up and down. Concierge were unhelpful with car hire also, to which we arranged ourselves. For a fit trip to Miami it was disappointing. Upon return will never come back here.

The best part of this hotel was the location, and the cleaners who were so lovely. The design of the hotel is very creative and unique, and the bars are fantastic.

Room tip: Rooms are extremely small, if travelling with more than 1 person do not share a room, can barely fit a suitcase in the room and be able move around freely.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jade1283

Thank you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel a warm welcome from the staff, I can assure you that our guests are our number 1 priority. In regards to the small rooms we do offer villas that are much larger that our standard rooms, which I am sure, would be to your liking. I will be sure to share your feedback with management in regard stop our guest service team, so we can learn and improve from your points. Again my apologies for this unfortunate stay, I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to turn things around.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I travel often for both business and pleasure, and frequently to Miami. We were in Miami in January for a short business trip, and stayed at the SLS Hotel for the first time. We have visited most of the other high visibility South Beach hotels (e.g. Setai, Delano, Ritz, etc.) and therefore have a broad range of experiences.

Although the weather was not pleasant during our stay, we thoroughly loved the SLS Hotel and experience. Service was outstanding from the front desk to room service to The Bazaar (which we enjoyed for both food and cocktails).

We didn't get to experience Hyde Park or the pool service (because of the weather) but we're sure the service is just as outstanding as the indoor venues. Next trip we'll be sure to visit Katsuya, which looked inviting.

The overall guest experience was wonderful, and we must compliment the Guest Services efforts at the hotel. As former Disney executives, both my wife and I notice the small things that make a resort noteworthy. The SLS constantly surprised us with exceptional service and surprises and the staff (cast) were wonderful.

SLS will be our new "home away from home" as we visit Miami.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

I am so glad to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your time at SLS despite the bad weather. I can tell you that the weather has picked up since you were here so hopefully you can get back soon to experience Hyde and Katsuya. Please reach out to me for suture reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.