2,518 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant south beach beach pool rooms are small hotel guests rain shower took great care city view special thanks pool staff the entire staff people watching beach service amazing service lincoln road ocean drive
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were recommended this hotel and a far as the location, it is superb. However it stops there. We checked in for 5 nights, and at first were put into a room with two doubles (we only required 1 bed) This room is super small with no room for suitcases. The SLS is home to an infamous beach club called the Hyde, which is open to public, and the restaurants are the hip places to be so the hotel is always busy and has a nice vibe. The down side is the hotel staff do not really pay much attention to hotel guests, they seem to be too wrapped up in who walks through the door for their restaurants and bars. A hotel staff member opened the front door for a restaurant guest, and soon let it close upon our entry (disgusting) for the price you pay, you expect 5 star service. Nobody greets you and opens the front door (unless you are somebody important) and the valet guys out front are unwelcoming and pretentious. We asked for an umbrella to shelter ourselves from the torrential downpour outside, and the front desk staff declined. We also had called guest services to have our bags collected from our room for check out to which nobody came, we had to cart all luggage down the lifts ourselves with no help. There are two lifts which are very slow and small, and there seems to be no staff service lift which means you shared it with staff hauling luggage up and down. Concierge were unhelpful with car hire also, to which we arranged ourselves. For a fit trip to Miami it was disappointing. Upon return will never come back here.

The best part of this hotel was the location, and the cleaners who were so lovely. The design of the hotel is very creative and unique, and the bars are fantastic.

Room tip: Rooms are extremely small, if travelling with more than 1 person do not share a room, can barely fit a suitcase in the room and be able move around freely.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jade1283
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel a warm welcome from the staff, I can assure you that our guests are our number 1 priority. In regards to the small rooms we do offer villas that are much larger that our standard rooms, which I am sure, would be to your liking. I will be sure to share your feedback with management in regard stop our guest service team, so we can learn and improve from your points. Again my apologies for this unfortunate stay, I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to turn things around.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I travel often for both business and pleasure, and frequently to Miami. We were in Miami in January for a short business trip, and stayed at the SLS Hotel for the first time. We have visited most of the other high visibility South Beach hotels (e.g. Setai, Delano, Ritz, etc.) and therefore have a broad range of experiences.

Although the weather was not pleasant during our stay, we thoroughly loved the SLS Hotel and experience. Service was outstanding from the front desk to room service to The Bazaar (which we enjoyed for both food and cocktails).

We didn't get to experience Hyde Park or the pool service (because of the weather) but we're sure the service is just as outstanding as the indoor venues. Next trip we'll be sure to visit Katsuya, which looked inviting.

The overall guest experience was wonderful, and we must compliment the Guest Services efforts at the hotel. As former Disney executives, both my wife and I notice the small things that make a resort noteworthy. The SLS constantly surprised us with exceptional service and surprises and the staff (cast) were wonderful.

SLS will be our new "home away from home" as we visit Miami.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

I am so glad to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed your time at SLS despite the bad weather. I can tell you that the weather has picked up since you were here so hopefully you can get back soon to experience Hyde and Katsuya. Please reach out to me for suture reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I first want to thank Jasmine & Leo for their first class service. Stayed here for the first time with little expectation. Our week was just perfect... beautiful hotel, very helpful concierge, unbelievable food & cocktails. (Best Manhattan in SOBE & if you want something sweet try the Passion Fruit Up! It is to die for)

As far as the rooms go....yea, they are small, but who cares! You are staying at a first rate hotel and the service trumps a smaller size room. I can honestly say, the showers at SLS are the best ever!

This place is awesome... we will be back for sure!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review on SLS and also the kind words about Yasmin and Leo, I will be sure to share your feedback with them both. We do not have the biggest rooms but as you experienced everything else we have to offer makes up for the smaller room. We hope to have you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just returned from a company trip that was at the SLS. While my husband worked, I enjoyed the amenities at the hotel. The staff at the SLS is amazing. Probably the best service I've ever had at a hotel. The beach staff was amazing. Gustavo, providing beach side service, was ever attentive, even when I wasn't ordering. Jonathan was kind enough to set me up with amazing beach side lounging each day. He and his staff were fabulous. Finally, a shout out to the folks, namely Tremaine, Alex and Erica who provided incredible Beach Camp classes each morning. I believe the work for a company called Vibrations. They are professional and tough! I've never been on vacation and worked out as hard as I do at home. With the beautiful ocean and sky as a back drop, couldn't ask for more! The rooms are too small, and there's not much of a spa to speak of. Amazing trip all around.

2  Thank Heather D
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Great to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at the hotel and that the service was the best that you have ever experienced at a hotel. Thank you for the kind comments on the staff all of the names that you mentioned are rock stars, I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at the SLS for a couple nights last weekend on business.

The good:
- Comfortable, well-planned rooms that feel much bigger than they actually are.
- Awesome rainfall showers.
- Great vibe overall.

The bad - all service:
- Useless concierge. I can use OpenTable myself, thanks. The whole point of a concierge at a $750/night hotel is to get you reservations you *don't* see on OpenTable.
- AWOL valet -- disappeared for 20 minutes at 7:30am on a Saturday morning, causing me to be late to a meeting.
- Front desk -- There was no laundry bag in my room so I brought my clothes down to be laundered. The guy working the desk was visibly irritated and asked why I didn't use the laundry bag, to which I responded there wasn't one. He didn't believe me.

Don't plan on staying here again -- will try the W next time around. Overall the experience was 3* but knocking it down a star considering the price I paid ($750/night).

2  Thank BrandonM87

Dear BrandonM87 thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS South Beach, your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously. Although your feedback is not of a positive nature we will take your points and use them to improve. Please accept my apologies for the delay for your car from Valet and the missing Laundry bag in your room, I will be sure to address this topic with the team. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to turn things around as I know we can. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.