2,701 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant south beach rooms are small hotel guests rain shower hotel pool city view took great care bachelorette party the entire staff pool staff people watching amazing service hot pot lincoln road ocean drive
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just returned from a company trip that was at the SLS. While my husband worked, I enjoyed the amenities at the hotel. The staff at the SLS is amazing. Probably the best service I've ever had at a hotel. The beach staff was amazing. Gustavo, providing beach side service, was ever attentive, even when I wasn't ordering. Jonathan was kind enough to set me up with amazing beach side lounging each day. He and his staff were fabulous. Finally, a shout out to the folks, namely Tremaine, Alex and Erica who provided incredible Beach Camp classes each morning. I believe the work for a company called Vibrations. They are professional and tough! I've never been on vacation and worked out as hard as I do at home. With the beautiful ocean and sky as a back drop, couldn't ask for more! The rooms are too small, and there's not much of a spa to speak of. Amazing trip all around.

2  Thank heatherjd123
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Great to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at the hotel and that the service was the best that you have ever experienced at a hotel. Thank you for the kind comments on the staff all of the names that you mentioned are rock stars, I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at the SLS for a couple nights last weekend on business.

The good:
- Comfortable, well-planned rooms that feel much bigger than they actually are.
- Awesome rainfall showers.
- Great vibe overall.

The bad - all service:
- Useless concierge. I can use OpenTable myself, thanks. The whole point of a concierge at a $750/night hotel is to get you reservations you *don't* see on OpenTable.
- AWOL valet -- disappeared for 20 minutes at 7:30am on a Saturday morning, causing me to be late to a meeting.
- Front desk -- There was no laundry bag in my room so I brought my clothes down to be laundered. The guy working the desk was visibly irritated and asked why I didn't use the laundry bag, to which I responded there wasn't one. He didn't believe me.

Don't plan on staying here again -- will try the W next time around. Overall the experience was 3* but knocking it down a star considering the price I paid ($750/night).

2  Thank BrandonM87

Dear BrandonM87 thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS South Beach, your feedback is much appreciated and taken very seriously. Although your feedback is not of a positive nature we will take your points and use them to improve. Please accept my apologies for the delay for your car from Valet and the missing Laundry bag in your room, I will be sure to address this topic with the team. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel to turn things around as I know we can. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

I remember seeing the construction on this property and wondered what beautiful creation would come to be....SLS Hotel South Beach! I usually stay at the Setai or the Surfcomber but decided to try out SLS since I would be in town a week. I was taken away by the simplistic beauty of the exterior. The valet and doorman had smiles on their faces and were always very helpful. You would come to expect this in a hotel but its rarely the case. The front desk staff assisted me with my prepared room on an early arrival. The room was rather small but had everything I needed. The shower is one of the best and the sheets were like butter. I appreciate the many options for dining and cocktails right on the hotel property. Katsuya was one of the best sushi/Japanese restaurants I have been to and I travel alot all over. We enjoyed amazing tapas and cocktails and the staff was pleasant and very helpful with offering items on the menu. I treated myself to a massage in the hotel spa after a great workout in their gym. They also offer a ton of yoga and TRX classed right on the beach. My massage was heavenly! The therapist listened to where I was needing concentration and actually did what I asked, I felt like a new person after. Hyde beach looks like a paradise on an island although I really didnt get to enjoy it since the weather wasn't at it's best. I think the breakfast in the hotel is one of South Beach's finest...the french press coffee is to die for and the food was fantastic. Lastly, Leo at the front desk upon check out put the icing on the cake for my stay and is one of the many reasons I will be back to SLS Miami. The charm and class of the staff and hotel minus the pretenciousness is why I adore this hotel.
Thank you Leo and SLS!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for the review on SLS Hotel South beach. Although we are smack bang in the middle of south beach, all of our amazing amenities within really are a hidden gem. I am very pleased to hear that you felt a warm welcome from all staff members as without them we would not be able to accomplish everything that we do. Thank you for the kind words on Leo he really is a rock star, I will be sure to share the feedback with him. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family have descended on the SLS for the last two years just before Christmas. I have stayed in many hotels over the years however this is my favourite.

The staff are always friendly and helpful, and they can't do more to make your stay great. The hotel and rooms are stylish, functional and fun! Also if you are a sushi lover... book into Katsuya - fun, relaxed environment and one of the best meals I have had.

I have recommended this hotel to all of my friends and am looking forward to going back in December... however wish I was going back sooner!

Room tip: Treat yourself and go for a room with a sea view!
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach. We believe it is ultimately the staff that creates a great experience for our guest, so I am happy to hear that you felt a warm welcome from them all. On your next trip to the hotel you should check out the Bazaar another amazing dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here over new years eve. Paid extra to get a sea view room. Got a small terrible room on the 3rd floor looking into the A/C plant of the hotel. Was offered USD80/night discount as compenstation vs the cost of the room of USD900/night. Noise level was high due to the new years eve part. The lobby and pool area was a construction area all through our stay due to rigging up of the scene for the party. Hyde Beach (the pool area) was both dirty, the toilets had not been cleaned. The toilets were the most disgusting scene ever. The food came after 1 hour, all at the same time and 2 of my guests got hair in their salads. Staying on the beach, the blanket was included, but the umbrella was USD10/extra. It also took 1 hour for the beach boy to get us the drinks. A complete rip-off. Upon checking out I was charged for breakfast I was told was included in the room. All in all by far the worst hotel experience I have had, regardless of price. Considering the rooms were USD900/night + tax, this was a disaster and made the entire stay in Miami a big let down.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank cristalcruzing
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success.