2,518 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant south beach beach pool rooms are small hotel guests rain shower took great care city view special thanks pool staff the entire staff people watching beach service amazing service lincoln road ocean drive
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here over new years eve. Paid extra to get a sea view room. Got a small terrible room on the 3rd floor looking into the A/C plant of the hotel. Was offered USD80/night discount as compenstation vs the cost of the room of USD900/night. Noise level was high due to the new years eve part. The lobby and pool area was a construction area all through our stay due to rigging up of the scene for the party. Hyde Beach (the pool area) was both dirty, the toilets had not been cleaned. The toilets were the most disgusting scene ever. The food came after 1 hour, all at the same time and 2 of my guests got hair in their salads. Staying on the beach, the blanket was included, but the umbrella was USD10/extra. It also took 1 hour for the beach boy to get us the drinks. A complete rip-off. Upon checking out I was charged for breakfast I was told was included in the room. All in all by far the worst hotel experience I have had, regardless of price. Considering the rooms were USD900/night + tax, this was a disaster and made the entire stay in Miami a big let down.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank cristalcruzing
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Ayo Akinsete and his staff continue to overperform at this great South Beach property. From the folks who greet you at the desk to the pool and hospitality managers, everyone continually exceeds expectations. I stay there twice a year on business and will continue to do so.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt a warm welcome from all of the staff members. Exceeding expectations is exactly what we aim to do for all guests, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel for work and am in hotels all the time, of all standards, so yes, I have become a hotel snob. Having been stranded in Miami due to a snow storm in NY, I checked out of the hotel I was in and in to the SLS, out of curiosity as I haven't stayed in one before and it's received quite a bit of buzz on the South Beach hot block of hotels.
I was torn as the reviews had a catty edge, but I decided to go for it.
First and foremost the service was so on point it was almost comic, too much of this and I would get too big for my boots, from the moment my taxi pulled up, to the moment my departing cab pulled away, the staff in this hotel went above and beyond to do anything they could, efficiently and with impeccable manners.
The rooms are compact, yes, but spotless and thoroughly thought out, cramped if your staying a week, but for a solo trip for a few days more then ample.

I popped down for dinner and ate at the bar in the Bazar, where the food was just insane! The chef José Andrés really plays with food, he is experimental and exciting with his flavors and textures, and I was really blown away. Yes, it's expensive, but if you are a foodie like myself you can't not appreciate the attention to detail and just how unique every dish is... It came out fresh off the prep line too, and every bite was mind blowing.
The next morning I ordered room service breakfast, and had to laugh when it showed up, it's just extremely fancy and clever food, nothing is ordinary, and I loved it. I don't like signing a $60 tab for breakfast, but, it was worth it.

One thing that I noticed while sat solo in the restaurant, and on the terrace next morning was the complaints that were made, about trivial and imaginary things. The trouble with success, any person, place or thing that raises the bar and sets a high standard, is it seems to attract critics, people just longing to find fault and complain about things. It was actually comic, and sad. The staff however handled it all with the utmost respect and dignity, and despite the elite status of this hotel and it's clientele, I felt absolutely zero snobbery, which is something I hate about some high end hot spots.
Even when I wanted to sit on the terrace and crunch away on my laptop before my flight the next day, taking up a valuable table in the sun and not ordering anything, they were so sweet, welcoming and accommodating, and didn't seem to begrudge me one bit.

Your spoilt for choice in Miami, and to be looking at this budget for a hotel your going to be getting something great regardless, but if your hankering to try this hotel du jour, go for it, and sit back and enjoy the environment, the elaborate care taken with the incredible food, and the absolutely flawless 5* service.

Room tip: You pay for it, but you get what you pay for... 1104 was a corner with city views and had gorgeous light and a stunning sunset!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words on SLS Hotel South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to know that you had such a wonderful stay at the hotel. Exceeding guest expectations by offering a warm and organic experience is what we strive on a daily basis. Here at the hotel we are very proud of our little boutique on the beach and believe that our rates are in line with the service given, I am happy to know you felt the same way. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I cannot say much wrong about this Beautiful hotel except a few niggling irritations:

The hotels is a beautiful design & you can tell you are in a high-end hotel.

1. The lack of a closet was awful & we could not unpack our clothes.
2. The main restaurant in the entrance is red & black & not a nice design. It is too clinical & needs warmth & character. We never ate in the hotel because of that. Plus you actually end up avoiding the hotel's in house facilities due to staff acting like the military (see below).
3. The rest of the hotel & pool area is STUNNING!
4. I would also not have breakfast on the patio, beautiful area but VERY expensive & we did not feel it justified the price. My omelette was VERY average in taste & presentation. I did not feel like I was having a $100 breakfast. We ate at the French Bakery "Paul's" a few blocks away. $20/ $30 for 2 & fantastic food & service.
5. My last & probably biggest gripe was that I felt the staff were cold & I felt staff were "interrogating & supervising" us as we tried to use the hotel facilities such as beach / pool etc. Every 5 metres there was some "bunny-girl" type of staff member with a clip-board in my face asking me where I was going: Are you going to the Pool? Which Pool? (there are 2) Are you going to the Beach? Why? Which one? Do you really want to go right now? Why, are you a swimmer or do you just tan? What colour is your bathing suit? Are you going to the Restaurant? Which one? Are you going to the Bar? How long will you be there? What seat are you going to sit at? Are you going to cross your legs or have your feet next to each other? I almost expected them to ask me what I was going to eat & drink !!!! I have paid top $ in PEAK season for those facilities & I want privacy not a 18 year old blocking my way all the time. We walked past Valet parking every time we came in or out & not once were any of the guests greeted by the staff. Disgraceful!!!! Sadly this cold "we are such big deals" staff attitude is the reason why I would try my luck at another hotel next time & tell my friends to do the same.

There is a fine line between good service & trying to regiment your paying guests military style, which you have no right to do.

You do not own your guests. This hotel gets that balance of service to privacy ratio wrong. Yet another great hotel that should have gotten a flawless review. Why is management ALWAYS the problem in GREAT hotels?

Room tip: Beach view rooms are at a substantial premium.If you are going to be out all the time like we were it may not be worth paying the extra. Beach view rooms are larger with spectacular views if you are prepared to pay the premium. Higher rooms may be quieter. We faced the road, 10th floor & had no problems sleeping & I am a light sleeper.
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill to review SLS Hotel South Beach you feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. Due to the Miami preservation board there were many restrictions that could be made to our historic building originally built in 1939. Unfortunately for us this meant that we could not make many changes to the bones of the building resulting in smaller rooms. With that being said we do have villas that offer considerable more room, which I am sure would be to your liking. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the staffs were cold, I can assure you that our staff aim to give every guest a warm welcome and truly care about each guest that comes to SLS. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to SLS so we can have a second chance to turn things around..

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We had such a wonderful stay at the SLS Hotel Miami. Every employee was welcoming and accommodating. We arrived late Friday night and ate at Bazaar which has outstanding food. The waiter was attentive and made sure we had a great experience. The next night we grabbed a drink in the hotel lobby before heading out to dinner and our waiter actually stopped by to say hello. He then recommended a place to grab a drink before heading to our dinner. Which reminds me, great location (on the beach, and steps away from Lincoln Road). Our hotel room was beautiful, clean and well designed. Even though it was a colder weekend, our spirits weren't down. The staff did everything to make it a relaxing getaway even with the cold weather. We were even fortunate to receive a late checkout because our flight was later in the day. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We will definitely be staying here again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: January 2014
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank your for your review on SLS hotel South Beach, I am very pleased to hear that you received top value for your dollars spent. The Bazaar is an amazing dining experience, you must try Katsuya on your next trip to the beach. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, I will be sure to share the feedback with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.