2,472 results
All reviewspool partybazaar restaurantjose andressouth beachbeach poolrooms are smallhotel guestsrain showercity viewpool staffspecial thanksthe entire staffpeople watchingamazing servicebeach serviceamazing hotelan umbrella
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I wanted to start of this review of my experience at the SLS, South Beach by saying I have never spent a second writing an internet review on anything(and I have been to a lot of places around the world). I had such a great experience that I wanted to write something genuine up in case it helps anyone! :-)

First of all I just wanted to talk about the overall brand, design, and layout of the SLS. As you cruise down Collins ave you see a variety of properties that all look similar, old school Miami vibe hotels. The second you drive up to the SLS they have a beautiful sitting area on the short green grass with Lime/lemon trees, nice benches and other seating areas. ( and a couple nice cars pulled out front). The experience is created right at the door! Later in the review I will talk more about the people! (which was the most important).

-Inside you have a really creative vibe spanning through all the different spaces. The decor was really well thought out. The guest rooms were nice and simple, I loved the sinks and the HUGE shower heads, its like having your own waterfall in the shower. (sweet!)The gym perfect for getting a quick workout each day, they even have Chorophyll water to keep you full of life during the workout. In the back of the gym is a REALLY CLEAN private bathroom with pre-stocked towels for the time you don’t want to go to your room to get ready or shower.

-The restaraunts had great food and a really nice layout, you have The Bazaar, Katsuya (The sushi restaraunt), and an outdoor patio that adjusts its large curtains to filter the amount of sunlight in the area giving you the best of being outside without being nailed by the South Beach Sun.

-Then you have HYDE Beach, this spot was the real backbone of the SLS in my eyes. They created this great atmosphere for both daytime relaxation and partying (depending on the day, weekends are the pool party, and during the week its more laid back) as well as a great nighttime social spot, the music was loud enough to dance, but not so overbearing that you couldn’t have a good conversation (thats my kind of place!) I spent a good amount of time here and definitely consider it one of the best hangout spots I’ve ever been to.

-The last thing and the most important thing I wanted to talk about was the PEOPLE. And if the person reading this is a manager at the SLS, don’t ever under-appreciate the people, because its their personalities, and good energy that completed a beautiful space, I mean who wants to hangout at a physically beautiful space with a bunch of dead-vibed people working?

I wish I could remember every name of the people I met but here are a few.

Kolby and (i may have the spelling wrong, i wrote down the name but deleted by accident) Avi? Both were real cool genuine people working to help guests carry bags to and from the room, open doors and help out in anyway they can, Also got some good advice on where to eat! Thanks for that.

I didn’t have a chance to talk to Amy much but she was always standing between the Lobby and the pool area with a smile on her face, smiles make a difference!

Once you get toward the pool area there was another sweet girl, I deleted the note on my phone with her name , she had a nice flowing afro and great vibes!

Brian was another great person working at the SLS, he was a real calm laid back dude and we had a few good conversations! its the little things that matter!

Nathan was one of the security personnel at HYDE Beach, He was a good guy! ( I wouldnt mess with him but he had a smile on his face and didnt go out of his way to look like a big tough security guard) Good people! Had a few laughs and enjoyed the conversation!

Dwight worked at HYDE Beach as well, when no one else was dancing besides us, just trying to get some rhythm goin, he was smilin’, workin hard and dancing a bit to keep the vibe live! Good dude! (he wasnt slacking off one bit so don’t take this wrong and assume he wasnt working his @$$ off)

Our first day at Hyde beach Denise was our server, she had a great genuine personality and sense of humor , its nice having people like that when enjoying a nice experience like that! Much love.

While hanging out that day another server who was hanging out , she never shared how to spell her name but the best way to pronounce it is (Ya-HYDE-ah, or Ja-HYDE-ah) She was from Venezuela, and another person with a real cool, calm and yet outgoing personality, good person to have a conversation with, she was also really professional and knew how to do her job well! Much love

When it was time to reserve a space at the Saturday HYDE Beach pool party , Tania helped with that. She was a real cool girl with an awesome personality! She was really helpful in setting up the reservation and also hung out during the pool party saturday, she really added some good energy to the experience! The kind of people that make you want to come back, All peace and love!

The day of the pool party our server was Angelique! She was awesome, she had great energy, and really went out of her way to keep the energy positive and entertaining, we had a lot of great conversations, again just another great person that made the SLS/Hyde experience what it was.

Everyone was beautiful inside and out, again I spent the time to share this because it matters, if you want to spend your money on a good experience, the people and the space design at the SLS is the best I have had! I still look forward to calling management and sharing some other feedback. Thank you, I took this trip after finishing a 2 year project and it was just what I needed. Spread Love.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank DanielBarron
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear DanielBarron thank you for taking the time to write such a candid review On SLS Hotel South Beach, from the sounds of things you had nothing short of an amazing stay. Here at We’re really proud of the warm, intimate boutique atmosphere we create at the hotel and we’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your luxury visit to the vibrant center of South Beach, Miami. Every day we strive to make our home feel like yours, while exposing you to the spectacular sights, sounds and tastes of South Florida. I am happy to know that you were able to enjoy all of the fantastic food and beverage offerings including Hyde Beach. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. I could not agree with you more about the staff being the most important component of the hotel, without them we could not succeed. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked the trip through Amex and the SLS lived up to all my expectations. Amazing staff, fantastic facilities and the Best location. The pool and beach were great! As was the room! There are mirrors everywhere, (hence the title of my review title) including some pretty fun locations. Great place for a quick getaway or a long vacation. Also, Katsuya is right there in the hotel and is AMAZING!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tavelboy

Thank you for your kind words about SLS Hotel South Beach, you review is greatly appreciated. We truly believe that the staff is the key ingredient to a great hotel, so it brings me great joy to know that you experienced outstanding service. We hope to have you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Going Christmas week I wanted to avoid crying children on winter break. Sls turned out to be a good choice. The pool has tasteful music playing and is easy to relax beside. There are no drinking crazy 20 something's taking their clothes off in the pool.

The rooms are beyond small. You will be startled at how small. But they are clean and adequate. I was glad to be one person staying in my room. With a second person we would have been on top of each other.

The staff seem very well trained and are positive and friendly. The only service glitch was at the beach where it took 30 minutes to receive a bucket of ice. One other friendly tip is beware of ordering bottled water. The prices are outrageous. A single small bottle of Evian was $11.86!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear StacyLand17 thank you for your Kind words on SLS Hotel South Beach. I am glad that you hand an enjoyable and relaxing time over the Christmas period. I agree with you in regards to the size of the rooms, due to the fact our building is historic originally built in the 1930’s. With that being said we do not have the largest rooms on the beach however we do have villas that offer significantly more room which I am sure would be to your liking. Thank you for the kind remarks about the staff they work very hard to exceed guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This December, my wife and I had our second stay at the SOBE location this year. We also stayed at the BH location this summer. What stands out at the SLS is the quality of the service, hitting that sweet spot where the staff is professional without being snotty, and attentive without being overbearing. (props to Leo at the front desk!) Once you get over the sticker shock for the party beach Hyde, right next to the smaller, but no less luxurious, hotel pool, splurging for Hyde yields great fun.
We're also big fans of the resident Jose Andreas restaurant, with creative non-Miami fare. The Sushi by the pool was as fresh as can be; and the drinks did their job!
Keep in mind that most rooms are pretty small, but that's the case at most SOBE hotels (rooms are much larger at the SLS BH). Spend more time at the pools and the restos...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear DavidEMTL, firstly thank you for coming back to SLS, we aim to make all of our feel like the hotel is home away from home. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with Leo. Hyde truly is a fun and unique atmosphere I am happy that you had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I spent nearly a week at the new SLS in South Beach during Christmas of 2013 and all I can say is wow. The rooms are exquisite. What they lack for in size they make up for in perfect placement, beauty, and comfort. The bed dominates the room and is so delicious it was often hard to get out of it to go explore the fantastic grounds. The pillows are the most delicious I have yet encountered in a hotel.

Room service is EXCELLENT featuring Katsu-Ya sushi and is delivered promptly 24 hours per day.

There are two pools, one private for guests and one that allows some public access (I think they have to buy enough food/drinks to qualify as non-loafers). Overall I found the pool services fast, courteous, and personable.

What I was struck with about the SLS more than anything was the privacy. I often felt so undisturbed that I began to feel almost as if I was home. Calling a hotel a home is about the biggest compliment I can think of and so I shall leave my review there. Thanks SLS and staff for such a great holiday week.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Code L thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy that you were able to enjoy both pools and Katsuya, on your next visit you must try the Bazaar. Ensuring that our guests feel privacy and comfort while on property is one of top priorities, I am happy that you felt this. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.