“SLS - Best Chicken Croquettes in Miami Beach and Miami!”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #35 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“SLS - Best Chicken Croquettes in Miami Beach and Miami!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We grew up in Miami and we know just about every type of croquette you can imagine. We have tried them all; ham (the staple), fish, chicken, and cheese. If a croquette is on the menu in Dade County, we have tasted it. We know where to find the best ham and the best fish. the cheese - actually should not be deemed a true "croquette". Now we know where to find the absolute most scrumptious, delicious chicken croquettes - You have got to try them!! Forget everywhere else - go to the SLS on South Beach and order chicken croquettes! OMG what deliciousness! And just to make your culinary excursion that much more pleasant, ask for Wesley Jonassaint - He is the assistant food & beverage manager - he's so charming and pleasant to talk to! Tell him the Garcia's sent you. Good food and pleasant conversation goes a long way!!

Room Tip: Corner units allow are cozy. Great view of the pool and beach. The night life gets a little loud but...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear TammyG thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach the feedback is greatly appreciated. The croquette are also one of my favorites dishes I am glad that you had the chance to try them. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with Wesley. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Just spent three glorious days at the SLS Miami for a friend's stylish stagette...
Beautiful everything: beach, pool, room, view, party cuisine, and especially the service!
Missing the duck already!
Thanks SLS... We'll be back :)

• Stayed September 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Neener4l thanks so much for your positive comments we truly take pride in providing top notch service at SLS Hotel South Beach. It is also our goal to make you feel that when you visit South Beach, the intimate boutique atmosphere feel like a home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel seriously knows how to spoil its guests. The check in what smooth, friendly and quick. A friend suggested we upgrade and stay in one of the villa rooms at the back part of the hotel, it didnt disappoint though the prices were allot more expensive than the tower.

The hotel is totallly design driven, wonderful quirky art everywhere with cool glass framed LED screens in the lobby showcasing the beautiful things in life. The pool area is amazing and everything is a walking distance. The beach sidewalk runs along the back of the hotel so if you like to jog or bike ride (which we did) then its perfect !

The resturant serves great food and the staff are attentive and polite. The rooms are spacious, modern and very designer driven, if your into old world shabby chic then this hotel isnt for you. Its very modern and super cool - makes you feel like abit of a rock star !

Large bathrooms that have a bath tub with great lighting - always very important for us

Highly recommend this hotel and will def stay here again :) well done SLS !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Redrockpty thank you or your candid review on SLS Hotel South Beach. The title of your review brings me great joy, as this is the impression the staff aim to leave for every guest. I’m glad that you had the chance to upgrade to one of our gorgeous villas. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I arrived a few hours before check-in time. After spending some time on the beach with a delicious and subtle cocktail, I went back to the front desk to check on the status of my room. The gentleman at the front desk informed me that me room was still being cleaned. Within 2 minutes he came over to me in the lobby and upgraded me to an ocean view room so I would not have to wait any longer. In a place like South Beach it is hard to find a hotel where the average joe customer is shown the same grace and eagerness to please as the celebrities who frequent the hotel. It was as comfortable of an experience as possible. Next time I am in Miami I will return to the SLS without hesitation.
Also - amazing shower in room.

• Stayed September 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear presidentsmith thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to know that your favorite part about the hotel was the service. For us at the hotel this is the most important factor for a guests stay. To us all guests are VIPs and the staff work very hard to exceed their expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Pinecrest, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Being a local, I really expected the usual snob reception at a trendy sobe high end hotel. I was highly impressed from the moment I arrived at SLS, from the valet guys, (thanks for getting my purse for me so quickly that I accidentally left in my car, ooooppps), to the front desk personnel that took care of my check-in, and gave me the best possible option for a late check-out on Monday without any hassles, and a smile, Leo Demarsh, was simply delightful, to Edwin, and the rest of the great security personnel that made us feel at home at all times, to the house keeping ladies that were friendly and attentive to our needs, to the dine-in servers and their great insight to the happenings at the hotel events, and just the overall ambiance to the locale was just incredibly genuine and mindful. I would definitely recommend this place for a great overall stay with the best crew in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear wrosacruz thank you for your kind words about SLS Hotel South Beach. Reviews such as yours are my favorite to read as it was the staff that made your stay Special. Thank you for the kind words about Leo and Edwin I will be sure to share the feedback with them both. We truly believe that it is ultimately the staff that makes the guest experience and they work extremely hard to ensure they exceed guest expectations. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back to the hotel in the near future.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at SLS South Beach during a weekend. I had a great time at the hotel. The location is great and the hotel decor is really top!. Yes, rooms are small but you really don't need that much more as everything is very well organized. The beach is just outside and is very nice.

The restaurants are really great and the price is quite ok for the level you find in all the options. The pools are great and during the weekend stay you can enjoy the pool partys that are famous in town! The breakfast can be served in the terrace oustide and is very tasty and stylish.

Would recomend to everybody unless you are traveling with children that you can pay for somethings that they will not apreciatte.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear nunopedra33 thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our amazing amenities. We hope to welcome you back to SLS in the near future.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here over the Labor Day holiday for a stay-cation. Have routinely driven by the hotel and seen the Bentleys parked out front, read all of the reviews, etc. so I was well prepared for a luxury experience even knowing the rooms would be on the small side. What I was not prepared for was just how genuinely nice everyone was during my stay. Every bartender, server, front desk or manager always was looking out to see how they could go above and beyond, make a recommendation, or just ask how we were enjoying. It was really a nice surprise and the reason I would definitely return. We had Room #715 which I would definitely recommend as it is a Corner Room so you get a nice Ocean View and it makes the room feel a little more spacious. The bathroom is tiny but the shower is enormous and you never want to leave it.. Of course Hyde Beach Club never disappoints either and this is definitely THE place to be right now in South Beach. I went over next door to The Delano and it was really dismal in comparison in terms of the mood and clientele.. so I was very happy I chose correctly and made SLS Labor Day getaway.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms very nice - quiet location at the end of the hallways and better views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear dupt0n thank you for your candid review on your most recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. The most pleasing part of your review is that you felt all of the staff was very welcoming while you were on property. For us at the hotel the most important part of the guest stay is the service and hospitality, guests receive as we truly believe this is the best way to separate ourselves from the competition. I am glad you enjoyed Hyde Beach over the holiday it truly was a great party. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.