“Nice adult modern hotel with great service.”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #38 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Atlanta, GA
“Nice adult modern hotel with great service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I checked in Wednesday through Monday for a Friend's b-day weekend which happened to be on Labor Day. It was a very fun hotel. The rooms are small as you would expect in South Beach and the staff do their best to keep you on property spending your duckets. It was fun partying here but the Foutain Blu Adult pool scene kicked its butt as far as way more going on even during a pool party. The scene at the SLS was more subdued. We had cabanas at both hotels and the middle Stage Table at LIV, which I might add is the only way to do Miami if you can afford to. Breakfast on property was fine but we did dinners out at very nice local spots. Having to order ice to the room through room service is a pain in the butt and having no closets in the room is as well. We were told that they could not build in closets because of the historic nature of the building.

Room Tip: You can pay half the rack rate by booking and paying 3 months in advance if you book early. Ask for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear arnassar thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Here at the hotel we are very proud of the intimate boutique atmosphere that we offer and it brings be great joy to know that you enjoyed it. I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy the party scene at Hyde beach, It really is a unique and fun time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have stayed in several hotels in south beach and hands down, the SLS had the best customer service and experience we have ever had in any hotel we have ever stayed at. The manager of the hotel,Ayo, takes a personal interest in everything that goes on and runs a tight ship. After a slight mix up concerning our reservation for a chair out by the pool, Ayo took charge and more than made up for the mix up. He personally oversaw and made sure we were taken care of and then even followed up later that day with a call to my cell phone to make sure everything was taken care of. The servers out in the pool are very attentive and really cater to each customer. If you have ever been to south florida,then you will know that South Beach is not really known for customer service. This fact really makes SLS stand out and makes the manager Ayo one of the best around, someone you would expect at a Ritz or Four Seasons. Ayo is what makes this hotel so special and the reasoI will come back again and again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Jared&Rachel thank you for taking the time to relay your experience at SLS Hotel South beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated. Firstly let me start by apologizing for the mix up with the pool chairs, I am glad that we were able to find a quick solution. Thank you for the kind words about the staff they work very hard to exceed guest expectations on a daily basis, I will be sure to share the feedback. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We loved this Hotel. After reading the reviews on TA, we were worried about the size of the rooms, and yes, they are on the small side but the style well and truly makes up for it! This was the most comfortable bed by a mile on our month long holiday through the USA, I could have slept for days! We had a room overlooking the road but were only staying for a night post cruise.The desk staff are amazing and so helpful, as was the bar and pool staff. We had a club sandwich at the bar on our first day and that was fabulous. The breakfast was unique and we were offered a breakfast on arrival (check in was 3pm) and we arrived from our cruise early. The pool is crystal clear and surrounded by all the 'beautiful people' who I imagine all party hard all night. The only thing we could offer is that the hallrooms are dingy and dirty looking, there is room for improvement there. We had also heard there is a new Redbury Hotel (also SBE) being built in Miami - worth a look when that one is finished. (We stayed in the Redbury in Hollywood) Anyway, very funky, very unique, don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear collecting–info thank you for your candid review on SLS Hotel South Beach. It brings me great pleasure to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is always great to hear nice things about the staff, they work very hard to over deliver on service, I will be sure to share your feedback with them all. I’m glad that you had a chance to try and enjoy the club sandwich it is actually new to the menu. Please accept my apologies for the hall rooms, we can and will do better and I will be following up with management. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was traveling from New york and stayed in the SLS south beach and that was by far the best experience i have had in a very long time. The front desk staff was very polite and welcoming. The concierge was extremely help to what ever I needed.The room service staff was very details on how they presented the food tray to me and always had my complimentary glass of water. They quoted me 35 to 45 minutes for my food and it got to me within 17 minutes, very impressive.I for sure enjoyed my dinner at the Bazaar restaurant. The food was amazing and the all in all experience for sure exceeded all my expectations and than some. I highly recommend the SLS to anyone. I didn't stay in the villas but it looked like you get pampered just a little more plus they have Hyde beach for night in which I had a ton of fun by the two pools they have there. Best experience so far in south beach.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with the rooms because the views are very good on both the east and west part of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear AlvaroP thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach, reviews such as these make us very proud as we strive Dailey to over deliver on customer service and hospitality. Being that South Florida has numerous boutique hotels, our goal at SLS is to separate ourselves from the competition by offering service levels that are second to none. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the culinary magic of Chef Jose Andres at the Bazaar is truly amazing. Next time you come to the hotel you should definitely try a villa they are extremely beautiful offering a considerable more amount of room. We hope to invite you back to south beach soon so you can enjoy SLS once again.

Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a great time! Awesome room with a balcony and view! All of the staff were extremely attentive and helpful. Housekeeping even dry cleaned my stained shirt for me. Great pool and beach with great staff. Enjoyed using the gym. Had a great time at Hyde! Awesome food at Bazaar and Katsuya!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wbrooks711
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Wbrooks711 thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. I am happy to hear that we were able to clean your shirt in a timely manner. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back SLS in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in Miami for the weekend and had accidentally forgot my wallet in a cab. Someone turned my wallet into the SLS hotel and one of the overnight guest service agents Lyle Ochoa looked up my contact info and immediately sent me an email notifying me that they had my wallet. Then I contacted the hotel and spoke to Donald Tucker and he was very helpful in getting my wallet back to me (which of course had my drivers license in, and I wouldn't have been able to travel back home without) the whole staff was very friendly and accommodating when I got there. It's good to know there are still people out there that go about above and beyond when it comes to their job and customer service.

• Stayed August 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Palipour thanks you for your review on SLS Hotel South Beach. I am very happy to hear that we were able to retrieve you lost wallet. It is always great to hear nice comments about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with Lyle and Donald. Going above and beyond for our guests is something that we strive to do on a daily basis it pleases me to know we did this for you. We Look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My sister and I spent a week at the infamous SLS Hotel Miami. The hotel was FAB beautifully very modern, fun, and sexy. Rooms are very stylish and amenities provided were excellent. I have to say that the staff at SLS are exceptional and made us feel very welcome and where attentive to our needs. SLS is located centrally and main tourist attractions are easily accessible and access to the beach is excellent. Hyde Pool Party is the best in town!! Bazaar Restaurant is a must for anyone visiting Miami yummy yummy!

We would personally like to THANK Sinem, Alex, Donald, Lamar, Jason, the cuddly night time security guard and Tom Cruise lookalike bell boy, Michael at breakfast each morning, Summer, Latisha & Ayo the Hotel Manager for being sooooo friendly to us and welcoming. Please thank anyone that I may have forgotten!

I would highly recommend a stay with SLS Miami its worth every penny! Can’t wait to re-visit one day and in the meantime keep up the good service! BIG UP from the PATEL sisters!!! PS – we are still waiting for our hats and Alex Carnot my personalised one tooo ;-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Dimps_11 thank you for your candid review on SLS South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to meet you and your sister and I am very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves at the hotel. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them all. I will follow up with Alex in regards to your hats, please email me over your address so that I can have them shipped out to you. When you get tired of the weather in sunny London we look forward to welcoming you back to SLS.