“Don't Worth!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

SLS South Beach
Ranked #36 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Don't Worth!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying here and the housekeeping service is terrible, front desk lost a package that was delivered for me, there are no available chairs in the pool because there are a pool party for non guests and guests,......., I used to stay in shore Club or Delano and It's way better!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Neco51
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Neco51, thank you for reviewing SLS Hotel South beach, the feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. Please accept my apologies for the subpar room service you received we can and will do better. I see that you mentioned you are still at the hotel, I would love for you to give me a call so we can discuss the issues you have experienced. If you have already left the hotel please reach out to me for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ate at Bazaar today. My server was named Joshua. He was very knowledgeable about what he was serving us. Outstanding personality. Will definitely come back again because him. Joshua should be commended for his service.

• Stayed August 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Johnqsk thank you for your Kind words about the Bazaar its truly is a amazing dining experience. We are very proud to have the amazing Chef Jose Andres culinary magic at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

"I recently dined at Katsuya for the 2nd time. It was even better than my previous experience. Donald (Looks like Diddy)set up everything for us. Even recommended dishes to try. He helped us during our last stay. And really made my anniversary the best one yet. SLS is a really great place with great people. I'll keep staying there as long as Donald and Katsuya are on property"

• Stayed June 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Gerald M thank you for your review on SLS South Beach your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that Donald AKA Diddy was able to help you out during your stay, I will be sure to share the feedback with him. Please reach out to me for future reservations so that I can ensure Donald is working on the day of your arrival.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I planned a trip to Miami July 2013 for my bachelorette party of 12 girls. I had several rooms at the SLS Hotel Miami for my friends and I. The trip started off great although the rooms are minute, terrible lighting, no closet space, or place to get ready for the evening. Our toilet was clogged 3 days straight, and the shower flooded. When the shower flooded I was sitting on the floor curling my hair and almost got electrocuted. My makeup was saturated and not salvageable. Over $300 worth of makeup and $800 worth of dresses that were sitting next to my luggage because there's no closet were soaked. I'm so upset my trip had to end like this. And to top it off the only compensation that they offered me was a complimentary breakfast. We had to clean everything up and wait for maintenance to arrive, we also kept getting transferred on the phone to put in complaints and thus, wasted an entire night in Miami. No one was helpful and offered any compensation for our loss. Staff was also rude and was insinuating that the water issues were our fault, and I believe no guest should feel the way they made me feel, especially having spent so much money with this hotel. I thought the saga was over until I got charged for things I didn't purchase an additional $127.00 for my girlfriend's rooms. All of my friends each had given their credit cards on file when checking into the hotel. The hotel wouldn't refund me and kept passing me to different people. I will never be going back here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christina o
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

My experience at SLS was nothing short of phenomenal. From the moment I stepped out of my car, I knew that I was about to experience a very special hotel experience. For someone like myself that travels a lot - this is so appreciated. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are beautiful, roomy, inviting...to the point that I'd redecorate my bedroom at home to look more like my room at SLS. I really enjoyed sitting on the couch, catching up on work emails and gazing at street life. And the robes are so fabulous. The rainfall shower transports you - and makes you forget you are there for work!

The food within the restaurant was delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pam Q
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Pam Q, thank you for your review on SLS South Beach. We are very proud of our little boutique on the beach and it pleases me to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, without them we would not be able to create memorable experiences for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

By far the most enjoyable hotel stay I have had. Hands down the BEST bed I'v ever slept in. Yes, the rooms are small, but that is what makes it charming, being renovated from a older property.

Rooms well equipped & appointed, service was excellent.

The restaurants we fabulous - especially The Bazaar. I am already planning my next visit.

Thank you SLS.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Anthony P thank you for taking the time to share your experience at SLS South Beach. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and the unique design elements of the room. The Bazaar is truly and amazing dining experience you must try Katsuya the next time around, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is certainly very nice and very trendy but the staff seemed to be quite up themselves and although the were helpful it had to be pushed and they appeared quite arrogant.

The room we were assigned was very very small and very well equipped but tiny. We stayed here 3 nights and it was a beautiful view over the back of the city and we did have breakfast once on the first morning but it was over the top expensive so we walked across the road and got it for a quarter of the price.

All of the staff appeared to be arrogant and it was not very welcoming as you would expect from a hotel of this supposedly high calibre. One night our room was not cleaned by 7pm so i went down to reception and asked what was happening they explained it was a busy day and they would try to get onto it as soon as they could i would have just expected a quick letter or call to explain it then i would have understood.

The hotel also has BMW that can drop you anywhere on South Beach from what i understood although when we checked in they did not tell and we only found this out on the last night and after a few taxi fares. I did ask about this and they told me it was for VIPS only except the car did not move all day and then i asked if they could pick us up from dinner about 8 minute drive away they said no we dont do that after the driver that dropped us off told us we were the first time the car had been used all day i could understand if it was busy but when nothing is happening i cant see why not.

This is a beautiful hotel let down by staff who think they own the place and your interrupting their day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DrRedgrave
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear DrRedgrave, thank you for your honest review on SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken very seriously. I am sad to hear that we did not fully exceed your expectations as a luxury property. I am sorry that that you felt that the staff you interacted with seemed to be arrogant, I can ensure you this is not indicative of the staff as a whole. Rest assured I will be following up with management in regards to this concern. Please accept my apologies for the delay in servicing your room, the fact that it was a busy day is not an acceptable excuse for this. Please accept my apologies for the fact that you were misinformed about the house car. The house car is for all of our guests, to add we aim to treat all of our guests as VIPs while on property. In regards to the size of the rooms I completely agree with you, we are not known for having the largest rooms on the beach. With that being said we do have villas that offer significantly more room, which I would love to show you. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel so we can really show you what the SLS South Beach is all about. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so that I can see to your arrangements personally.