SLS South Beach
Dorset Hotel(Miami Beach)
Marseilles Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
South Seas Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
2,360 results
All reviewspool partybazaar restaurantjose andressouth beachhouse carbeach poolrooms are smallhotel guestsrain showertook great carecorner roomcity viewbachelorette partythe entire staffspecial thankspool staffbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Currently still saying at the SLS. Stayed here on recommendation from a friend who works for luxury small hotels in New York and London.

The hotels location is great, right on the beach and the pool areas are fantastic. The decor is fitting of a design hotel and the staff were always friendly. Rooms were on the smaller side but I expected this. Bathrooms need a few more hooks so you can hang up more than one towel.

My two negatives were that the in room iPad didn't work and that has replaced the room compendium so it has all the essential details like in room dining etc. We called the front desk approximately 4 times to ask for it to be fixed ( it was a pass code issue) and were told someone would be up to fix it. No one ever came and we spent precious time awaiting the "fix it" person to arrive.

Also the makeup mirror in our room wouldn't turn off due to a faulty switch. It got really hot after a couple of days being on constantly and made me nervous about electrical fire (probably doesn't happen that way but we did have to move our toiletries due to the conducting heat). Again, phoned front desk and always got a pleasant reply that it would be seen to but alas no.

Anyway, many great things about this hotel and I would probably stay there again despite the couple of negatives.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear sahtravel15, your honest feedback on SLS Hotel South beach is much appreciated and very helpful, as it allows us the opportunity to improve as a hotel. Firstly I would like to apologize for the issues that you had with the IPad, this concern is taken very seriously and we are currently in the process of making some changes to improve this concern. In regards to the makeup mirror, I can assure you that it would not have caused you any harm, I have our engineering team looking into your specific room. Thank you for your kind words about the staff, they work very hard to ensure every guest feels welcome and enjoys their stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, please feel free to reach out to me for your next trip to south beach so that I can see to your arrangements personally.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel has a beautiful design, a nice lobby and a really nice pool area. I had King room booked, and when I arrived at the hotel, my room was still ocuppied, so they offered me $50 per day to "upgrade" to a vacant room, with the argument that it was on a higher floor. As I had nowhere to go, I had to accept the "upgrade" offer, and as soon as I stepped on the room, the phone rang, and the front desk girl asked me if i found all good with the room. I replied that I was extremely disappointed with the size of the room, moreover after being charged + $50 per day.. The room has no space for you to walk without hitting the legs on the bed frame. The WC and the shower are not separated. There are no closets. You have to choose between opening your luggage on the flour or walking on the room. It's not worth the money they charge (my rate average was $400 with the 7 taxes they charged me.. resort fee. resort fee city and county taxes..) the Valet parking staff is very nice, but they charge you $44 per day, the most expensive in south beach.. STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aleuram
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Aleuram, though your feedback is not positive I appreciate you taking the time to review SLS South Beach. I am slightly confused about the dissatisfaction on your stay as we tried very hard to accommodate all of your requests while you were here at the hotel. Your original reservation that you booked was for a superior ocean view king room which you came to check into at 8:48am. Usual check in time for any hotel on the beach is 3:00pm, as we were coming from an almost sold out night your room type was not available. However Pam our agent was able to offer you a premier ocean view room for the slight upgrade of $50 a night, which I feel is fair as the room usually sells for $200 more than you were paying. While we do not claim to have the biggest rooms on the beach, you can see from previous reviews our guests do not generally come to SLS South Beach for the oversized rooms. They come for the unique experience that we are able to provide, with amazing restaurants by James beard award winning chefs or to bounce between the tranquil guest pool to the upbeat Beach at Hyde. Unfortunately the taxes you paid are mandated by the state of Florida, which is out of the hotels control, also the $44 per day charge for Valet is comparable to any other valet at similar properties. The most surprising part of your review is that you mention the $50 upgrade charge which was kindly removed by Sinem one of our front office managers. With all this being said I would love for you to reach out to me personally so we can see where we got our wires tangles, as when you checked out you left in good spirits. Hopefully we can get you back to the hotel, as I would love to turn things around so you do not stay away.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I just enjoyed an anniversary getaway at the SLS which was one of the greatest hotel/resort experiences we've ever had. Everything from the incredibly attentive staff, the epic dining experience at Bazaar, the serene bedrooms and nuanced ammenities like the complementary 7-series to drop us off for dinner (on the few instances we left the hotel) created an excellently curated experience. One of the really impressive features of the hotel is how they manage to run the equivalent of an all-day club at Hyde Beach with a lot of non-hotel guests but manage to keep that separate enough so that your don't really notice it when you're sitting at the hotel pool.

We've stayed at other hotels on Collins, but decided to try the SLS after having had a memorable dinner at Bazaar on a previous trip. After this weekend, there's no doubt that we'll only be staying at the SLS for future visits. While there are other nice hotels on the strip, the cohesive atmosphere and impeccable treatment by the staff make this place stand out.

One of the things we found most impressive is that while the hotel (and all of South Beach) was innundated with a Film Festival and the festivities for the Miami Heat's championship, the staff did not miss a beat on customer service. This really says something about the quality of management and the caliber of the people they hire at the SLS.

Thanks to everyone at the SLS that helped make this a truly memorable anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Matt R, I thank you for choosing SLS South Beach to spend your anniversary; we hope to have you back for many more. We are very proud to have the Bazaar as one of our restaurants, Chef Jose Andres culinary inventions are amazing, I am very happy that you were able to experience his magical dishes. Although we cater to many celebrities and high end guests, we strive to treat every guest with the same warm welcoming hospitality and it brings me great pleasure that you felt this. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so I can see to your arrangements personally.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

SLS.... what a fantastic hotel, was extremely pleased with my stay there, from the moment I checked in the aura around the place hit me, the staff were very friendly and the whole hotel is very classy, the restaurant ' Katsuya ' was amazing, and the bar area is really cool too, Hyde beach is fantastic and the pool party I attended on the Saturday was off the hook, there was a stunning young lady named ' Yajaira ' who was very helpful whenever I needed notice. I definitely recommend SLS I will be coming back for sure. Christiano

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Christiano P thank you for your kind words about SLS South Beach, the feedback is truly appreciated. It pleases me that you were able to experience some of our restaurants. We try to be a one stop shop for our guests, offering something for everyone. Whether it be a fine dining experience at The Bazaar, sushi at Katsuya or a party at Hyde Beach. With so many options we strive to make sure that our guest’s interactions at any of the venues are seamless. We look forward to welcoming you back soon the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Needed to get away from NYC for a few days. Decided to try the new SLS Miami. Wow, was I impressed. Check-in was warm and quick. I happened to be telling the front desk person about coming from NYC, and two managers there were from NYC as well and took time to talk to me. They gave me some good advice for some restaurants and things to do. Got a call later to check on me and see if I needed anything. Staff also remembered my name during my stay, always love that.

Room was nice and quiet. The restaurants and pool area were very happening throughout my stay as well. Def check that out when you stay at sls.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach, reviews such as these make us very proud as we strive dailey to over deliver on customer service and hospitality. Being that South Florida has numerous boutique hotels, our goal at SLS is to separate ourselves from the competition by offering service levels that are second to none. We hope to invite you back to south beach soon so you can enjoy SLS once again.