“My Stay with clients at the SLS Hotel were superb thanks Leo DeMarsh”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida, United States
“My Stay with clients at the SLS Hotel were superb thanks Leo DeMarsh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had very important clients/friends stay at the SLS Hotel in South Beach. The hotel is beautiful and very elegant. The entire property is stunning and very well staffed. The service was impeccable and our favorite person was Leo. He made their stay fun and was extremely helpful. I would recommend the SLS to all my friends and clients.

Room Tip: High floors beautiful view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Lev-67, thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel Miami, the feedback is greatly appreciated. I am glad that we were able to take care of your clients at the hotel. Thank you for the kind words about Leo he really is a rock star. We hope to see you and your clients again at the hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

The location of the SLS is great. The people there are fabulous. Everyone was considerably helpful and went out of their way to make sure you felt welcomed - and I mean everyone! Bar was great, beach was great and the pool was great. I've stayed here in the past (was in Miami on business). I came this time with my wife for a little R&R - and I just wish the room we had wasn't so small. I mean, it was tiny! We had nowhere to put our luggage (we didn't even check luggage on the plane). Other than the size of the room - I think we really enjoyed ourselves. We were going to go to pool bar at night and was stopped by some guy who basically said "you have no shot at getting in, there's a dress code..." South Beach at it's best. It was actually ok - we didn't really want to go - more to check it out, but whatever.... All in nice place - would need to investigate rooms again before booking though....

Stayed May 2013
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear 08fun thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and will be sure to share your kind words with the staff. In regards to the room size unfortunately due to the strict restriction from the Miami art deco preservation board, there was not much the hotel could do in regards to changing the body of the building that was originally built in the 1930’s. We do have some villas and suites that do offer significantly more room that may be of interest to you on your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me for future reservations so I can see to your arrangements personally.

Hotel Manger
Miami Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Improve the menu on the terrace bar.
The rooms are awesome. Great location. The hyde is the best of Miami beach.
Staff is very kind and friendly. Dont waste your time in other places. You have the best of Miami in ine place. Concierge Julio was the best concierge ever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Carlos L thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and Hyde beach, also thank you for the kind words about Julio. I will be sure to share your feedback in regards to the terrace bar with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed for the weekend last week (May 17th-20th). The agent that checked-us-in was friendly and informative about the hotel and area. Once we entered our room I was blown away by the beautiful beach view and funky decor. Loved the mirror on the ceiling and glass shower, perfect for a romantic getaway. The pool has the hottest looking people lounging around, perfect for people watching. We enjoyed some Mojito pitchers and delicious food like charcuterie and cheese, guac and chips, and little sandwiches. At night we tried the Japanese restaurant Katsuya which was FANTASTIC! Every dish was mouth watering, a few dish names I remember are the crispy rice spicy tuna, lobster dynamite and the apple pie. The drinks were also delicious. By the end of our stay we felt we had a wonderfully relaxing weekend at the hotel, we're looking forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear LizR82 thank you for your review of SLS Hotel South beach, your feedback is truly appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed the eclectic design of Philippe Starck, we are very proud that he designed our hotel. I can definitely agree with you in regards to Katsuya the food is amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reagards
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went to South Beach this year with a friend and he stayed at the Lowes and I chose SLS based on the buzz. Booked with AMEX FHR and was treated like royalty my entire stay. The service was incredible and everyone was super nice. Why fly 4 hours to Vegas when you can get the pool scene, nightlife, etc. right here on the east coast? - no time zone change and saved myself some cash NOT playing craps. Location is perfect with shopping on Lincoln. Food was awesome and no shortage of beautiful people all over the property. Concierge helped me with club and restaurant reservations. Just can't say enough great things about SLS. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ocean side if you can get it
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear JJ thank you for taking the time to review SLS South Beach, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy everything that the hotel has to offer. I agree with you that there is no reason to take a trip to Vegas when everything you need is at SLS Miami, at least until SLS Las Vegas Opens. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

What an amazing experience! This hotel and it's employees definitely know how to make your stay here wonderful! A special thanks to Jeff, Latisha, Laren, Nadia & Leo.

Thank you SLS for such a wonderful treat!! Cannot wait to bring my family there in the future!

Room Tip: Loved the rooms on the poolside!
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Brent Z, thank you for taking the time to review SLS Hotel Miami, your feedback is truly appreciated. Thank you for the kind words about the staff I will be sure to share the feedback with them. We hope to have you back at SLS Miami soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

SLS has been buzzing amongst my friends and friends of friends since its opening last year. I headed to Miami last weekend and found this as the perfect opportunity to check out SLS first-hand. The entrance leading up to the hotel is gorgeous- I found myself on the terrace in the morning while people watching along Collins. My room was inviting, clean and very "Miami"- all white everything!

The Bazaar was the perfect place to relax over small plates (the tzatziki lettuce wraps a must!!), and delicious cocktails tailored to my liking (spicy!). The bartender and wait staff were super friendly and attentive. I am obsessed with the chandelier and the wallpaper which lines the entire hotel- quirky art with a French twist.

On a Saturday night, dinner at Katsuya is the place to be. The atmosphere was intimate, filled with beautiful people and the food was one word: phenomenal. We split a bunch of appetizers, one better than the next. After, we stopped by Hyde Beach for a few drinks. Chill, trendy vibe with fun music. Come here to take in the scenery. Caution: you will be tempted to jump into the spectacularly lit pool.

Thanks to the awesome staff- from the valet guys to the front desk to management- great job.

Can't wait for my next trip down to South Beach. See you soon SLS!

Room Tip: Get oceanview- you won't be sorry.
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Lauren C, thank you for taking the time to review SLS hotel Miami, your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are very proud of our boutique on the beach and it pleases me that you were able to experience everything that the hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.