“paul london”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #40 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed February 8, 2013

when i booked the SLS my agent warned me that the rooms were tiny!being a single guy it was actually not as small as i was expecting and it has to be said,beautifully fitted out.very slick bathroom,very good bed and definately a seriously expensive refurb to every single part of this fabulous hotel!
it is almost impossible to fault this place.there is a totally proffesional feel to everything going on here,from the staff on the desk to the staff who work the pool area and the beach.like all the "trendy" hotspots that come and go in miami,this place is very clearly flavour of the month,and im sure it will be for a long time to come!! with very high quality restaurants seving 5 star spanish influenced food to superb sushi with the addition of the hyde park area down by the pool this place fills up at night like a club.
if your looking for a chilled quiet place,then this is probably not for you!! but if you like people watching in a very cool environment with a great feel and vibe,then do not look any further.
if i were to to pe petty,i ordered a cheese and bacon burger round the pool,burger $18.cheese $5!!! bacon $6!!!!!!+ a coke and single expresso $51.this is in line with the general raping of tourists up and down south beach!! at least its done with a smile!!
Would i stay again,yes!! its a lovely hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Paul S.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all the extra touches to the design in our guest rooms. We have a lot of raving fans on the beds and the showers.We truly appreciate you taking the time in sharing your feedback.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our experience at SLS was wonderful all around. The entire staff really stood out, especially by comparison to some of the other high end hotels in the area. They were universally friendly and helpful, and all seemed cheerful (and in no way forced) and happy to be there. Several SLS employees provided outstanding service during our stay, and we specifically made note of their names so they'd be recognized.

Chanell Oliver, the hotel's VIP guide, was absolutely amazing and accommodating and cool. She is the kind of person who is as comfortable working with a celebrity as she is with an "average joe"--her job does not by any means look easy but she was fun, calm, cool and collected the whole time.

Aisha and CeCe at the pool were accommodating, attentive and warm. They gave us great recommendations for delicious drinks and snacks, and convinced us to come to the Hyde Beach superbowl party, which was really fun. They treated us, and everyone at the pool, more like friends than customers.

We were also really impressed with Nicholas, the driver for the car service. He made himself available to drive us from the hotel to a whole host of different hot spots on Saturday - so much better than teetering around on stilettos. He was so friendly and likeable that we wished he was coming to our parties with us! He's also a really good, safe driver. He was not available on Sunday, but Kyle took over and was also very courteous and kind.

We loved our room (small but beautiful), the pool, and the restaurants, but in the end it's the service that makes the difference, and we’ll definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Molly B
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Molly B,
Your note puts a smile on all of our faces! Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay! I will be certain to share with everyone especially Chanell, Cece, Alisha, Nick and Kyle! I am so glad they were able to deliver an unforgettable experience for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Exquisite service, friendly staff, chill vibe and great location! My husband and I will surely stay here again. We frequent South Beach and this is our new spot. We had an overall amazing experience!!! We would most defiantly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank JodiNYC
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear JodiNYC
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Please feel free to reach out to me when you are ready to escape the winter chill in the big city. I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Best regards

Reviewed February 7, 2013

What a great addition to our trip to South Beach staying at SLS was. From the greeting by Nicole at the front desk, to the knowledge of the city and things to do/eat by TJ, we couldn't have asked for any more of our stay. Everyone at the hotel was VERY focused on service and my boyfriend and I felt very pampered and loved it! Even the host seating at the their awesome Bar Centro for lunch asked us if we had been before and explained to us what each venue had to offer. You need to eat and drink at any one of the venues; it's great!! I would recommend all going to South Beach stay at the SLS!

Room Tip: Face the ocean of course.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marisa5

Dear Marisa5,
What a great way to start the day reading your very kind note. I truly appreciate you taking the time and thank you for highlighting our incredible Front Office team - Nicole and TJ!!
We are all ready to welcome you back for another fantastic stay!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location, nice updated Decor and Friendly helpful staff. All that does not help the fact that there is nowhere to put your clothes and personal items. Having 2 women in 1 room for a week is just difficult. The lighting is insufficient. The rooms are tiny. But the beds and bedding were very comfortable. Still was a great stay in Miami.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear curious mom-mom
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. Perhaps on your next visit you may experience our Villas which would be great for your next getaway.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel real soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This place has everything one would want for visiting South Beach. The rooms are new, clean beautifully laid out. I LOVED their beds! I wish I asked what type of linen and mattress they have as it was one of the most comfortable and restful nights sleep I have had in a while! The staff is friendly and helpful! The pool is also clean and perfect for laying out. There are plenty of chairs and cabanas if you are looking for shade and/or privacy. The location is close to the beach and the htoel's overall design is hip, yet elegant. Great looking crowd at The SLS Outlets and their nightclub Hyde is awesome. I definitely recommend this hotel/resort over the many I have been to and stayed at in South Beach and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Meesh9480,

What a wonderful note. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful get away in South Beach!!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel from 1/14 to 1/16, 2013. I was aware that certain Municipal Regulations require that the original structures of these hotel remain unchanged. While my room wasn't immense, it was large enough, and comfortable. The location is excellent and the staff, especially Nicole Genta, were welcoming and helpful. It's expensive, but so are all the high end hotels. The Manager as well as the Restaurant Manager made sure to ask us if everything was satisfactory. It was, and I certainly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Beachside was fine, and no sound from festivities below.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Papiatthebeach,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to write such a nice note. I will be certain to share with Nicole Genta. We are very fortunate to have her on our team!
Please let me know if i can ever assist you with future reservations on your next trip to South Beach!