“STAFF STAFF STAFF!”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #43 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Staff is really all that seperates a beautiful property from the next. The staff here really is wonderful and truly goes out of their way to achieve whatever it is to make the guest happy!

The rooms are NOT small - They're very well designed and well appointed and anyone that needs more space in Miami Beach needs to get out of their room and enjoy the city!

Now - One thing that is weird is that there really is no lobby ... I thought that every time I was walking to my room, I might collide with a waiter carrying plates of food or drinks. You can see into both kitchens. Sometimes, this sort of takes the magic away from the rest of what the hotel has to offer. Not a great design idea in my book, but what do I know?

AND that texting to get your car at valet just doesn't work. Give it up. The idea sounds cool, but you guys are just not there yet. It failed on me twice (out of 4 times) and I had to wait over 30 minutes to get my car pulled around - nervous that I would miss my flight on the day I check out - this could have ruined my whole experience just from one stupid text not being received ... And I did do it right, it was "system error". If it fails on me once, then I'm never ever going to trust it again. So just do away with it and save the money for another valet employee.

Other than that, this is a great GEM in South Beach and because of the staff, I will be back ... Just don't expect a text from me.

Room Tip: Ask for an ADA room if you need more space in the same room category you booked.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Jrent316

Reading your note was the best way to start the day! Thank you so much for your kind words on the STAFF. We are all very proud of the team and will be certain to share your post in the cafeteria for all to read!!
We have addressed your concerns with the texting feature and have made adjustments to how the system works.
I hope on your next visit you are able to experience for yourself. Please feel free to reach out to me in person if I may be of further service.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,261)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great location in South Beach. The rooms were surprisingly quite. We stayed for three nights with three other couples. The hotel is great with a very hip seen at night. The beach was amazing, Berlin took great care of us. The hotel pool situation is a bit annoying. The pool for guests is in the shade the majority of the day. The other pool which is open to the public who agree to spend a minimum amount on food and beverage per chair is nice, but as a hotel guest you feel like a second class citizen there. Overall we enjoyed our stay and we are glad we tried it. We are not sure we will stay there next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear John H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the pools. Please know that both pools are available for hotel guests as this is important to us. Our ultimate goal is to provide the best experience for our hotel guests which includes assisting you with the best location for sun and fun.
Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at The SLS for a few nights to get away from the disaster that was hurricane sandy. Let's start with the good first. I must say that it was a great stay experience thanks to the hotel's staff. The service I received while staying at the hotel thanks to its profesional and acknowledgeable staff made my stay a whole lot better to me and my friends. I truly must say that I will definitely be returning again. The service provided at the lobby and pool area was exceptional and I want to mention one employee of the security staff sidney who really went an extra step in providing me a friendly and courteous response when I lost an item and it was quickly returned. I will definitely be returning to this wonderful atmosphere in march and recommend to everyone the great experience that is Hyde beach bar and its awesome vibe and service provided.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Angulod,
It is such a pleasure to receive feedback like yours. I am also thrilled to hear your comments on a member of our Security team! I will be sure to share with the entire department.

I look forward to welcoming you back real soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Having a read at some of the other reviews, you can clearly tell that some people have minimum requirements. What I learnt on this stay in Miami is that no more buildings can be built along the beach and only renovated.
Knowing this means that hotels cannot simply add floors, break down walls etc - they have to make use of what the shell is.
SLS was a pleasant surprise. Ultra chic and modern. Yes, the lifts sometimes took a while but that allowed more time to see who else was staying at the hotel and strike up a conversation with them.
Pool great. Beach great. The mega shower head - ok, can I give a star just for that at all? The bed was extremely sleepable, it was like a big cloud that you just fell into.
Even staying with a friend sharing the same room, we really enjoyed it even though space was tight.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view/pool room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Starfish13,
It was nice to read your note especially your understanding of how the Historic buildings in Miami Beach add to the experience here at SLS South Beach. More importantly, I am so glad that you had a great time poolside and that you enjoyed the shower heads. They are quickly becoming a favorite detail of the room.
I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the beach soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rooms are on the small side, and there is limited storage space...but with that aside the product is amazing. Front desk were very accommodating and helpful throughout my stay. Love the idea of Ipads in the guest rooms...nice touch!

I am looking forward to a return to the hotel in February.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Waterdance67,
I am happy to read your feedback about the rooms especially the notes about the product. Our design team diligently worked to find only the best, especially the shower heads.
I will also be sure that the Front Desk team reads your kind words.
Please call me before your trip in February so I may assist you with another perfect stay!

Savor Life Slowly

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Wonderful location. great staff, very classy hotel. pool was wonderful, complete South Beach experience. There is very easy access to the beach, only steps away. Bathrooms and amenities were top notch, room decor was great - Flat screen TV, sofa in the room, table, big shower double water delivery shower heads.
Complimentary Coffee at the front desk in the morning, breakfast served inside, and also outside - Additionally, there pool menu includes great sushi, as well as burgers and other treats.

Room Tip: i would be at the end of the hall - to try and have less noise around you. it is South Beach, so man...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear jim456,
I am excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at SLS South Beach! We recently added our new poolside cabanas which has truly changed the look and feel our pool experience. Please feel free to reach out to me personally so I may assist you with reservations.

Savor Life Slowly

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When we walked into the restaurant/lobby we checked in and waited 5 min for the elevator. You are going to need a shoehorn for the rooms the size of a shoebox. The room was to small to even fit a closet. We had a deluxe ocean view double double. The room was to small to fit two people and luggage with no door on the bathroom. The rest of the hotel was also very unimpressive with a small ugly lobby and ugly amenities. The service was terrible for a 415$ room. There are so many other nice cheaper hotels in this area do not stay here!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are tiny!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Traveler1948274

Dear Traveler1948274,
I am terribly sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations.
If you are ever back in South Beach I hope to meet you in person so I can show you other options for rooms including our beautiful Villas that are located next to Hyde Beach.

Savor life slowly,