“SoBe new hot spot!”

Ranked #37 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, FL
“SoBe new hot spot!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Rooms are small and with NO closets. The hotel is absolutely stunning and definitely is the hottest hotel currently on South Beach. Katsuya is amazing!!! Hyde is really fun and the pool is great. Must see...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VeeMiami_FL
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear VeeMiami_FL,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at SLS South Beach. I will be sure to share the amazing feedback with our Katsuya team as well. We all look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I really enjoyed SLS South Beach! The service was impressive, especially for a new property and I loved the ambiance. They were able to allow for an early check in after my overnight flight from Los Angeles due to room availability, which was great. I loved Hyde - both the pool and lounge and they offer menu items from Katsuya and Bazaar on the pool menu, which was great. The place was buzzing with a top A-list celebrity. The rooms were modern but a bit small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear KimKLA,

It was wonderful hearing that you enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed hosting you!
We look forward to seeing you again; our entire team is fully committed to delivering the highest quality of service and hopes to anticipate all of your desires during your future stay.

East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I will just go into the Good n Bad.

Bad:

1) Be aware of what they call Ocean Front rooms. We stayed in room 307 open the curtains and your staring at a roof with exhaust fans. Not sure if the exhaust fans were off or if they were extremely quite so we did not ask to move. Not worth the extra money for what they call Ocean Front.

2) Don't get the check-in section... feels like your checking into a sky resort or mountain lodge. Looks great, but it doesn't put you into a South Beach frame of mind.

3) Rooms very small and we didn't get our room cleaned for 2 days, even after asking numourous times to get it done. But when it was cleaned, they did a good job.

4) Asked for a wake up call... let's just say I was lucky I had my alarm clock and phone alarm on because they never called. When I asked why, the front desk said I never called for one.
Didn't bother to argue about it, as I can see it would be a waste of time.

5) I'm not cheap at all and know this is SB... but the prices for food n drinks are out of whack here.

6) The bathroom exhaust fan is on a sensor. It turns on when your in there but never shuts off. Little tip... on the sensor which is above the toilet you can push the button and the fan will turn off. I had to do this all time. I did report it, but no one looked into it while we were there.

Good:

1) Pool areas are great, with all pool/bar employees on the ball with regards to service.

2) Hyde beach section is off the hook, Great bar area, pool and music on weekends.

3) We had Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at both restaurants all real good. Sushi is great here.

4) JLO was there while on our stay and the hotel did a great job catering to her and the guest... we all blended in.

Overall great place to stay for a long weekend (but not for an extended stay). But be prepared to get whacked with prices, small rooms and spotty service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter L
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Peter L,

Thank you for your honest feedback during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations. The service issues you detailed are very important to us. I will personally share this with the leadership team and implement immediate training to avoid similar occurrences moving forward If you are ever find yourself back in South Beach I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to meet in person. In the meantime, if I can be of assistance please feel free to reach out to me directly. Again, thank you for your candid and honest feedback! I look forward to welcoming you back to SLS South Beach!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

SLS emailed after our stay to ask if everytihg was to our satisfaction. Below is the response I wrote to their Director, with which I'd like to share here as well!!

Joe,

I just have to tell you that we absolutely loved our stay at SLS. Your staff was extremely professional, helpful, kind and attentive to accommodating our needs. I have NEVER been as impressed with service as I was at SLS. It was my friends first time in Miami and you all treated her right! We did order breakfast one morning for room service – and it was worth every last penny of the $100.00 it cost two of us to eat – PHENOMENAL! Your guest services called within 5 minutes of delivery to ensure our satisfaction anytime we ordered anything. The valet staff was prompt and professional. The pool attendants were so sweet; I could sit here and think of all of the positive adjectives possible to relay my content with your staff and our stay. I will without a doubt be returning to SLS, I simply cannot see another hotel being as fabulous.

Thank you for a wonderful experience!!

2 Thank Jessica M
Paul_Cardona, General Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Jessica M,
Thank you for such a wonderful recap of your stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. I look forward to posting your feedback in our associate dining area so everyone can read your kind words.

Joe and I look forward to welcoming you back real soon! Please feel free to reach to me personally if I can assist with any detail to another perfect stay or visit to South Beach.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I have been to South Beach well over 10 times. This hotel is by far the best yet. The location is ideal and service is impeccable. It is a but pricy but that's to be expected in Miami. All of the employees from concierge (namely Leo) to pool staff (BeBe was lovely) are extremely accommodating. We will definitely be staying here upon our next visit to Miami.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Bridget246
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Bridget246,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience at SLS Hotel South Beach on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next visit. In the meantime, we invite you to follow us on Facebook.com/slshotelsouthbeach and Twitter @SLSSouthBeach.

Pensacola, FL
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a horrible experience. At the time of check in the elevators did not work. The staff was slow to respond to any requests. The elevator service cannot keep up with demand, be prepared to wait twenty minutes or more to get to the upper level rooms. The staff is not trust worthy I had some bad contacts. I will never stay here again and if you do you have been warned.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1 Thank smalbis
Dear Smalbis

I am sincerely sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach. I had the chance to meet with our engineering team regarding the elevators and we recently were installing safety mechanisms in the elevator cabs to prepare for the upcoming season. During this installation there may have been times where only one elevator was working. We will be certain to schedule smarter next time as it directly affected your stay.

If you find yourself back in South Beach I would greatly like to hear the specifics on the trustworthy comments. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to have an opportunity to deliver a true SLS experience that we're proud of.

Savor LIfe Slowly,
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The SLS Hotel South Beach got it RIGHT!!!

enjoyed the SLS Hotel South Beach immensely. The rooms are amazing and the service is 5 star.

I frequent the SLS Beverly Hills and will now start staying with the South Beach location.

I enjoyed a cabana and can not wait to come back again.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Admiralecb,

What a wonderful way to start the week! Thank you for your kind words about your experience here at SLS Hotel South Beach. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally to assist you with anything you might need.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! I will share with the teams.