2,488 results
All reviews pool party bazaar restaurant jose andres south beach beach pool rooms are small hotel guests rain shower city view pool staff special thanks the entire staff people watching amazing service beach service amazing hotel an umbrella
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Keep your belongings away from the pool staff. They will give your stuff to security where they deconstruct your bag and they do "inventory" they call it. Well they inventoried my $105 right out of my wallet. I have never felt so violated in my LIFE! Apparently their security cameras were "not set up yet" so I couldn't prove anything. What a way to ruin my vacation. I hate that so much of our money was spent here. SBE man...

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Live for su N
Paul_Cardona, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Live for su N,

I was disappointed to read your comments during your last visit to SLS South Beach. I can assure you this is not indicative of the systems we have on property for lost and found items. I have met with the entire Security Department and can assure you that any misunderstandings are handled accordingly moving forward.
I would be happy to speak with you in person to understand the specifics because your feedback is very important to me.

Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me directly.
I hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience into a positive one.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Came down for two days business trip and decided to try this new property.

First the good - gorgeous property and very attentive staff. The room, was great and I was upgraded to a corner because I registered on iPrefer. Shower is among the best I've seen. The bathroom, heaven-like (trust me, I know, see below). The pool, phenomenal.

Now the bad - After a good night sleep on my fist night, had a delicious breakfast. Unfortunately, it made me sick and within an hour I was on the toilet by the pool (seating and kneeling, I'll spare you the details). On my way back to the room, I stopped and made a comment to the food manager on staff (Danny). He is apparently a trained medical professional, because he immediately informed me that food borne illness takes 18 hours to incubate, so it must have been the dinner I had elsewhere. No apology and no owning up. Went up to the room, tried to connect with hotel manager (voice-mail did not take message) and his/her assistant (left voice mail but have not heard back). After another hour on/over the toilet, called my doctor who suggested getting back home. The front desk was very accommodating, let me forgo the second night and deducted the price of the meal. Made it back home and been recovering for the past 24 hours.

This is clearly a case of inexperience and lack of training on many level. Food goes bad, happens all the time and in the best restaurants. How it was handled was poor, and unacceptable at a 5-star hotel.

I hope to be back, in a couple of years once the bugs are ironed out. The only thing, there are many very good hotels in South Beach, so why take the risk?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nnatan

Dear nnatan,

Thank you for providing me the details of your stay. I regret that we were not able to connect in person when you were on property. I have met with the Director of Food and Beverage and we have implemented a clear system to communicate feedback such as yours and what needs to happen to resolve any situations.
Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of assistance on a future visit to Miami Beach.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Having just returned from a nine night vacation at the SLS I feel I have a good grasp on what it has to offer. My experience of the service on offer was exceptional accross the board. The restoration of the property is fab, of excellent quality and very quirky inside and out. We stayed in a premier ocean view room and it was very spacious and quiet, the bed was really comfortable and the rain fall shower and ciel toiletries were amazing! Externally the pool area is really beautiful and the food on offer at Hyde Beach such as the Spicy tuna roll, SLS burger and fruit platter were all delicious and wonderfully presented. Its the little details that make this place like the beach staff taking the time to rake the sand each morning, the bottle of evian that appeared at my bed each night on turn down or the valet guy getting absolutly soaked on my departure while holding the umbrella for my fiance.

Jeremy

Room Tip: Our ocean view room was on a high floor and very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeremy G,

Thank you! We think SLS Hotel is a “real gem” as well! We appreciate you noticing the little details as those are of the utmost importance to us. We will share your positive review with our team here and welcome you and your fiancé back any time!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Its hard to be impressed when you own a condo in two of the most impressive properties in South Beach(and the world), the Setai and W South Beach. But I was astounded by the level of service, friendly and accomodating staff, and the decor which is beyond belief. I had a small room but it was beautiful and comfortable. Room service was attentive and great. The outdoor spaces make the Delano look tired and dated. Phillipe Starck hit it out of the park and the hotel owners assembled the best team on the beach!

Room Tip: Oceanfront a must
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Paul_Cardona, Hotel Manager, SLS Hotel South Beach at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear MiamiTraveler33139,

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review. We are so happy to hear you had such an impressive experience at SLS Hotel. We look forward having you back on property to wow you and your guests.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We booked a night at the SLS for a romantic getaway. After booking the room online with their website I called the concierge to book dinner. I was told that I would get a call back from him confirming the dinner reservations. Never got a call back (I assumed all was good). Of course when we get there he tells me he had no luck at the two places that he originally suggested. By the time the time we figured this out we were out of luck. We went to dinner at a 2 star place instead (no other choice). Really not a good start.

We went to the outside bar for a drink before dinner. There was no one at the pool bar. I walked up and the bartender looked at me and then looked away. He was singing to the music and doing nothing else. I had to actually ask if he could help me as if he was doing me a favor taking my 23 dollar per cocktail order.

After dinner we went back to the hotel, had a few more drinks (couldnt get cocktail waitress to come to out table so I had to keep going to the bar to get drinks from the friendly guy i described earlier (even after asking to send her over to out table) We finally gave up and went next door to the Delano.

That night we went back to the room. We got undressed and realized our bags had not made it to our room. They couldnt find our bags and we had to answer two different phone calls to descibe the bags.

The room was very cool and very nice (small though). Great looking hotel. Has potential with different staff.

If you want first class and you want great service go next door to the Delano. We paid $375 per night and got $99 per night motel 6 sevice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Bigkahuna4444
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success.

Reagards