2,472 results
All reviewspool partybazaar restaurantjose andressouth beachbeach poolrooms are smallhotel guestsrain showercity viewpool staffspecial thanksthe entire staffpeople watchingamazing servicebeach serviceamazing hotelan umbrella
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We booked a night at the SLS for a romantic getaway. After booking the room online with their website I called the concierge to book dinner. I was told that I would get a call back from him confirming the dinner reservations. Never got a call back (I assumed all was good). Of course when we get there he tells me he had no luck at the two places that he originally suggested. By the time the time we figured this out we were out of luck. We went to dinner at a 2 star place instead (no other choice). Really not a good start.

We went to the outside bar for a drink before dinner. There was no one at the pool bar. I walked up and the bartender looked at me and then looked away. He was singing to the music and doing nothing else. I had to actually ask if he could help me as if he was doing me a favor taking my 23 dollar per cocktail order.

After dinner we went back to the hotel, had a few more drinks (couldnt get cocktail waitress to come to out table so I had to keep going to the bar to get drinks from the friendly guy i described earlier (even after asking to send her over to out table) We finally gave up and went next door to the Delano.

That night we went back to the room. We got undressed and realized our bags had not made it to our room. They couldnt find our bags and we had to answer two different phone calls to descibe the bags.

The room was very cool and very nice (small though). Great looking hotel. Has potential with different staff.

If you want first class and you want great service go next door to the Delano. We paid $375 per night and got $99 per night motel 6 sevice.

8  Thank Bigkahuna4444
Ayo A, Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay to us your experience at SLS Hotel South Beach. We take guest comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear your experience wasn’t positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach, Miami. The next time you’re back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay at our luxury hotel is an all-out success.

Reagards
Ayo Akinsete

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am writing this review on my flight back to NY just leaving the SLS South Beach.. I actually couldn't wait until I got home.. If you desire a getaway from our daily life to be pampered beyond explanation come to SLS.. I have been to the one in Bev Hills and the one in South Beach was equally amazing. The staff starting from Nicole, TJ, Andres to the pool ladies were absolutely great.. They went out of there way to personally connect with us many times and this was truly a different experience.. And I have travelled much! I can't wait till the grand opening in November as I am sure all the lil kinks will be worked out, even though they were only open for a bit over a month. Only gripe I had was with the practically useless bathroom sink and taking a day to recover my license and credit card from Hyde bar...

So..if you love the vibe of South Beach, add this place to your list to make it as perfect as can be!

Vito M.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VitoM

Dear Vito M,
I was very glad to start the week off with your kind words! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at SLS South Beach. I will be certain to share your feedback with the team!

Savor Life Slowly,

Reviewed July 15, 2012

New hotel beautifully designed by Starck.
Room a little too small but well decorated.
Top service, great attention to each customer.
Great job by Rick at concergie, much courtesy from Tess and Nicole at front desk.
They have been very nice to our young girls with kind gifts.
Super japanese dinner in the hotel restaurant.
I strongly suggest it.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Frederico F,
I am so glad to hear that the team at Katsuya delivered a great experience! I will be sure to share your feedback with Rick, Tess and Nicole, thank you.

I hope to see you at SLS South Beach real soon!

Savor Life Slowly,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 5 nights to celebrate our baby moon and my birthday. We actually originally reserved an ocean view balcony room at another comparable beach-front hotel, but learned upon arrival that the first hotel was under construction and there would be renovation noise. We quickly switched to the SLS, and couldn't have been happier. From the moment we arrived, the concierge (Andres) went out of his way to take care of us. He provided amazing restaurant suggestions, set up the house car service for each of our planned excursions, and thoughtfully sent up birthday macaroons and a little baby gift for our impending arrival. Dinner at the in-house Bazaar restaurant was spectacular, even on my difficult pregnancy diet and with my husband's lactose restrictions. The front desk, pool and beach staff were super hospitable, and we left feeling totally refreshed. Highly, highly recommended!!

Dear R987_12
I am so happy to hear that the other hotel was under construction! We will be ready for you on the next trip! I will be sure to share your kind words to Andres, thank you! Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.
My very best,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I took a one night mini-break from the kids at the SLS and from the minute we arrived we felt like royalty. The hotel is everything a South Beach hotel should be - sumptuous and decadent. We were totally pampered by the service - absolutely stellar - and loved laying by the guest pool drinking margaritas and eating Katsuya's amazing sushi. The rooms were small (it is South Beach) but so comfortable and beautifully decorated. The rain shower was a great touch. And breakfast in bed was out of this world. We couldn't have had a better night and will definitely be back!

Dear AliMarie1502,
I am so glad to hear that the night away from the kids was a great escape! Maybe on the next trip they can come along and experience the pool & the beach. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share with the entire team!

My very best,