“Modern luxury with great energy!”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Modern luxury with great energy!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just returned from a quick two day business trip to Miami. Up to this point I had not found a hotel I wanted to stay in again. They all were great hotels, but nothing compelling me to return when there are so many to try on Souhth Beach. Phillippe Starck is truly an artist! The smaller sized rooms feel large with these magical wall tapestries and highly functional furnishings. SLS added the special touches of a mountain high mattress and Italian linens. The shower is spectacluar! In one shower you can pick standard or huge rain shower with water pressure so strong it is a bit scary.... The staff were ultra friendly; always smiling and passing on a greeting. I ate at Jose Andres' Bazaar one night and was not surprised because I always find his restaurants fantastic. I have now found a South Beach hotel that I will return to because it is a luxury hotel with a very artisitc and energizing atmosphere run by friendly genuine people.

Room Tip: Everybody wants a view of the Atlantic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bill D,
I am so thrilled to hear about your recent stay at SLS Hotel South Beach! The rain showers have made many guests raving fans. I am happy that you were able to experience if for yourself. I hope to welcome you back soon so you can see all of the new details we've added at Hyde Beach. Please feel free to contact me if the team can assist in anyway.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My three girlfriends drove down to Miami at the spur of the moment and ended up staying at this cute and hip little hotel. It is in a perfect location on South Beach and the pool and cabana area are awesome as was the bar downstairs. Pat Riley and 6 other people came to dine here so that just tells you how cool the place is! The room has the best shower and there were little mirrors on the ceilings in the bedrooms and fabric alfrescos on the walls. This hotel has wonderful artisitc creativity everywhere you look!!!! I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ley69,
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at SLS Hotel South Beach! Please let me know if the team can assist in the planning of the next visit.
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Being an architect in Mexico, every year I travel to the US to see what's going on in the design and fashion industry. This time I had a great surprise despite of the fact weather was not so good. This new SLS Hotel in South Beach caught my attention for being different from all the others in the same location. As soon as you enter the lobby being welcomed by the door guys (Nicholas was "Sensational" to kept us dry while he got soaked; that is service right there), you face the big area of the restaurant Bazaar with a great decoration, cool environment where you can see the kitchen and food being prepared...by the way excellent food. Next time in Miami this will be my choice to stay!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Carlos M,
I am so excited to hear that you had the time to visit us at SLS Hotel South Beach!
I appreciate the time you took to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another "sensational" evening.

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I have been waiting for this place to finally open. The SLS Hotel in South Beach. Its been years since we could remember seeing work slowly start on this building. Well it was worth the wait. We took a stroll in the other night after finally seeing the doors open and an awful amount of people going in and out. We were pleasantly surprised this evening. Very trendy and hip, but not over the top. We sat down at Bazaar, the restaurant in the hotel to check things out. From the moment we walked into the place we were greeted with a "Sensational" smile and a welcoming feel, to the moment we had our first taste of the outstanding food and drinks. Our waiter was just too wonderful. We felt like we were some sort of celebrities by the way we were treated. My wife was glowing with happiness. We had one of the best evenings we can remember in a very long time. Not a stuffy place like most of the new spots that open up around here. People were friendly and tentative to us. We have invited some of our friends from Lauderdale to join us for drinks next week. We hope our experience will be just as wonderful. Valet was a little tricky, but didn't put a damper on the night at all. Well done SLS.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chris P
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stopped by the hotel to check out the hotel for a possible week stay/event I am planning in August. I appreciated the hotel but had a negative experience with the person they hired to be Security for the hotel. He needs a crash course in Guest Relations. I did not appreciate being questioned 3x about my 5 min presence in the hotel. If you ask a guest, if they need assistance, it is not necessary to asked the question several times after the initial response was " no". He also needed to adjust his body language to not come across confrontational. I wasn't some wanderer off the street. I was dressed business casual. I had hotel literature in my hand. If he is to be effective in working Security, I hope he realizes that Black people do earn decent wages and can be patrons of even the finest hotels and should not be observed or looked upon as if our presence is not welcomed or that we can't afford life luxuries.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Barry J
Dear Barry J
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at SLS South Beach. I regret that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know that I take the details of your posting very seriously and have shared your experience with our Director of Security & Safety and will implement the necessary changes with our entire Security team to ensure a similiar occurence does not repeat.
I really would like to welcome you back to the hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of service in the future.