“Restaurant Bazaar at SLS”
Review of SLS South Beach

SLS South Beach
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Coral Gables, Florida
“Restaurant Bazaar at SLS”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I have been waiting for this place to finally open. The SLS Hotel in South Beach. Its been years since we could remember seeing work slowly start on this building. Well it was worth the wait. We took a stroll in the other night after finally seeing the doors open and an awful amount of people going in and out. We were pleasantly surprised this evening. Very trendy and hip, but not over the top. We sat down at Bazaar, the restaurant in the hotel to check things out. From the moment we walked into the place we were greeted with a "Sensational" smile and a welcoming feel, to the moment we had our first taste of the outstanding food and drinks. Our waiter was just too wonderful. We felt like we were some sort of celebrities by the way we were treated. My wife was glowing with happiness. We had one of the best evenings we can remember in a very long time. Not a stuffy place like most of the new spots that open up around here. People were friendly and tentative to us. We have invited some of our friends from Lauderdale to join us for drinks next week. We hope our experience will be just as wonderful. Valet was a little tricky, but didn't put a damper on the night at all. Well done SLS.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Chris P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stopped by the hotel to check out the hotel for a possible week stay/event I am planning in August. I appreciated the hotel but had a negative experience with the person they hired to be Security for the hotel. He needs a crash course in Guest Relations. I did not appreciate being questioned 3x about my 5 min presence in the hotel. If you ask a guest, if they need assistance, it is not necessary to asked the question several times after the initial response was " no". He also needed to adjust his body language to not come across confrontational. I wasn't some wanderer off the street. I was dressed business casual. I had hotel literature in my hand. If he is to be effective in working Security, I hope he realizes that Black people do earn decent wages and can be patrons of even the finest hotels and should not be observed or looked upon as if our presence is not welcomed or that we can't afford life luxuries.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Barry J
, Hotel Manager at SLS South Beach, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Barry J
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at SLS South Beach. I regret that we were unable to exceed your expectations. Please know that I take the details of your posting very seriously and have shared your experience with our Director of Security & Safety and will implement the necessary changes with our entire Security team to ensure a similiar occurence does not repeat.
I really would like to welcome you back to the hotel. Please feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of service in the future.

My very best,
City Center
The Raleigh Miami Beach
The Raleigh Miami Beach
#34 of 208 in Miami Beach

Been to SLS South Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SLS South Beach

Property: SLS South Beach
Address: 1701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139-2006
Location: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — SLS South Beach 4*
Your luxury hotel in South Beach, where you can call on close friends,Philippe Starck, Chef José Andrés and Lenny Kravitz for a beachfront getaway like no other. Tuck away in our Miami boutique hotel, score the hottest reservations in Miami or play it coy at Hyde Beach, no matter your destination at SLS Hotel South Beach, you can always count on welcoming service, redefined luxury, and undeniable style. At SLS, you don't need to go to South Beach. South Beach has come to you. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your SLS South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.