“Excellent in Every way”
Review of Cadet Hotel

Cadet Hotel
Ranked #74 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was my second trip to South Beach, I thought the Cadet was an Excellent hotel, 5 minute walk from both the beach and lincoln road - the staff are very very helpful and friendly as well. The room my partner and I were in was very modern and clean!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cadet Hotel

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I ordered this hotel after reading admiring reviews at this site.

The hotel is really worthy the price you pay, 100%. It is small, clean, well-furnished and is in excellent location.

Location: one block from the ocean, two blocks from Lincoln road, one of the main attractions in SoBe, 6 blocks from Art Deco district. Very convenient.
Rooms: very clean, good quality new linen, has iron with ironing board, TV, very quiete a/c + we did not hear any noise from the streets at nights.
Price: very decent as compared to other hotels in the area.
Staff: is OK, helpful. Keep your luggage btw your check-out and time when you leave, order taxi for you. Minuses: I wish staff would say "hi" as you enter the lobby, not stare in their computers.
Other: free fruit in the lobby.

Resume: Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The Cadet was exactly what my wife and I had hoped it to be. It was very clean, and the perfect size for two people. You can tell the owners have really stepped it up a level and are doing a great job. Walking to the lobby, it had a cool classic feel. The new sauna in the garden was a nice touch. It's located near Lincoln Road, and block away from the beach, so it’s quiet off the main drags but close enough. Thanks to Matias and Diego for their help along with the rest of the gang...they did a great job.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2010

My 9 year old son and I stayed at the Cadet as we were attending a wedding. We had pre-paid for our room in advance and after reading many great reviews on the hotel... we were in for a shocking surprise.
This hotel really lacks in customer service and they are only interested in making money. The front desk had clearly made a mistake of charging my credit card for the $100 in case of "incidentals", and then removing the charge. This incompetency, lead to me and my son being shut out of our room after the wedding at 12 midnight... Mind you, I had a 9 year old child with me and the front desk refused to let us retire to our room, even after the room was already pre-paid. The dummy working the front desk insisted that I pay the $100 dollars for "incidentals", which mind you, was paid and debited from my account and the moron insisted that it didn't go through.
I will never stay at this hotel again and don't recommend families with children stay here either. They do not care for the welfare of a child. They just care that they make the mighty buck. Instead of letting me take care of the $100 incidental fee in the morning, they locked me out of the room until a payment was made.
They don't look at the big picture... this place is run by morons. Plain and simple, do NOT stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank netski17
Reviewed May 27, 2010

our second time staying at cadet. areal gem of a botique hotel. clean and nice
i hardly recommend anything but this one's a keeper

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaBubby
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I was so excited to stay at the cadet after reading all the reviews on here! It looked amazing!

Maybe because I had built it up so much i was slightly disappointed when we got there.The hotel itself was very clean and the staff were lovely. We appreciated the bottles of water and the fresh fruit on the day we got there. Beds very comfy!!

It is not located in the best area and there were road works the whole time we were there however they didn't start early in the morning so they weren't too bad! The windows must be very thin as it was very noisy on a night with people walking past the hotel at all hours. It was very near the beach which was gorgeous and lincoln road which is where we spent out nights because i'm not 21.

I really didn't like South Beach as a place, we had just spent a week in Orlando and I wish we hadn't moved! The beach was gorgeous but I have seen just as gorgeous beaches in nicer places. Some of the people were so rude, especially in the restaurants on Ocean Drive.

Maybe this made me not appreciate the hotel as much as other people.

They have an outdoor spa area which was lovely and although some people said they didn't take food and drink into the hotel, we went in with a pizza one night and noone said anything!! And we had a fridge in our room which we loaded with bottles of water so i don't think they stick to that rule!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annieboo182
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This hotel was a great little hotel located near South Beach, Florida. I really enjoyed the hotel but there was a few small things that one should know before booking. Hopefully this review will help with your decision.

Pros:
The hotel was clean and the staff was nice.
They bring you a newspaper every day.
The hotel supplies you with a greeting card, strawberries, and bottled water.
Convenient to the beach.
Convenient to Lincoln Avenue and CVS.

Cons:
You can't bring outside food or drink into the hotel :-(
No elevator (but there are only two floors and the staff will carry your bags for you)
The room was pretty small (but if you are in Miami you won't spend much time in the room).
They lock the hotel doors at night and you can't swipe your card to get in (but the hotel staff is there 24/7 and they open the doors for you).
The walk to the nightlife is extremely long, about 20 minute walk or 5 dollar cab ride.

Overall I thought this hotel was a great hotel. If you want to be close to the nightlife you may want to consider another hotel but if you want to be close to the beach and just close enough to enjoy the nightlife but far enough away to enjoy your vacation then this is definitely a great choice.

There was a strand of hair in the bathroom but I decided to overlook that as the rest of the room was pretty clean. The desk had a nice display of strawberries and a welcome letter. The room was pretty small but again if you are in Miami you may not be spending that much time in the room.

I will book there again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends