“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #75 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Carmel, Indiana
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at The Cadet for two nights. One before my cruise and one after. (Oct. 5th and 12th).
Every staff member I encountered was friendly and professional. The hotel is in a great location. It is nicely decorated with great little extras.
The rooms are a bit small and the selection of TV channels was limited, but who spends much time in your room in Miami??
The day I arrived back from my cruise, they moved my room assignment and after only 15 minutes I was able to check-in early (10am). That was really appreciated!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MK F
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write this wonderful review!

It’s a pleasure to hear our amazing team took care of you so promptly; we take pride in exceeding all of our guest expectations.

We apologize for our current limited channels and reception problems. We are currently in the process of upgrading our TV systems as well as expanding the selection of channels available to our guest.

We look forward to having you stay at the Cadet again, your home away from home.

Manager on Duty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

So I am back at the Cadet Hotel for another week. I was greeted by welcome backs and we have a great room for you.
I just heard that the visiting chef from France is back. Apparently they are about to change up the dinner menu in Pied A Terre!! Not sure you have been to the restaurant but the food and service is spectacular. Not an everyday experience but when you here a week I would at least 2 or 3 days:-)
I booked a reservation with continental breakfast included. I happened to love the intimacy of the Cadet. The staff is so well groomed and clearly love the details in the service. I would suggest the continental breakfast daily then just upgrade on days you are really hungry to an omelette. Headed for breakfast and the delicious coffee!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dreamluxury
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our faithful guest and taking your time to review us.

Our returning guests are always our priority. Consistency is what we always what to accomplish; no matter when you stay with us, you will always find a staff who here to ensure you are more than happy with your stay.

We are truly proud of having such a wonderful restaurant like Pied a Terre in our hotel. Our restaurant offers an intimate and cozy dinner unlike any other restaurant in South Beach.

We look forward to having you stay with us, your home away from home.

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Cadet hotel was one the best cost benefits we had in 2012 (my wife and I stayed in Cadet Hotel for the Christmas holidays 2012). We booked the most inexpensive accommodation: the room is not big, just the right size for a couple, but it is completely renovated, including the furniture; saying “renovated” is not fair with the property, once everything is not just functional but also sophisticated. The hotel has a very nice pool at the backyard, perfect for refreshing after a day in the beach. Another very good point, its location is in walk distances of the beach (one block), the ocean drive (three blocks) and Spañola way. At last but not the least, the hotel has a very nice staff.

Some services were not included in our rate; take them into consideration when comparing the hotels rates. Our rate did not include the breakfast, but you can have it in the hotel restaurant, paying extra. However, to be honest, we found better breakfast in the restaurants around (“Jerry’s famous Deli” is a good option). The hotel has no parking and you can not park on the streets (only residents can park there), but there are (at least) two options one block away. We paid 15 dollars the night. The hotel does not offer beach service (you can take towels with them), but they have discount with one of the huts in the beach. We paid 25 dollars for the entire day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 1bertoManelli
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this wonderful review.

We’d like to thank you for your great compliments about our property, and we are very glad you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly.

It’s a pleasure to hear our staff exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to having you stay with us soon!

vancouver
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel, exceptional staff, super location just 1 block from Lincoln road and a short walk to Ocean drive and the beach. Lots of good restaurants and shopping on Lincoln road and great nightlife on Ocean drive. Just a short walk to Espanola way with a lrge selection of really good restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer.

It’s a pleasure to hear our staff pampered you; we work very hard to make all of our guest feel at home.

We hope to see you soon!

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The cadet is a beautiful cozy Art Deco hotel located at South Miami Beach just a few minute walk from the Art Deco district, the beach and all the fun and nightclubs Miami beach has to offer.

Although rooms are not very big, they are beautifully decorated and clean. The staff showed being very helpful at all times. Breakfast was delicious.

Since part of my honeymoon was at the Cadet in miami, the hotel manager had a special treat on us. The experience was so nice I always recommend the cadet to my friends going to Miami. I will repeat for sure.

Great hotel with a romantic feeling :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed you stay so promptly. We are glad our staff surprised you and your wife for such a memorable occasion!

We hope you had a wonderful honeymoon, and we wish you joy and happiness on this exciting life together.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, at your home away from home.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Cadet Hotel is quite the charming European style boutique hotel. It is only 33 rooms I believe with various types of rooms. I looked at e cozy room which was well appointed but decided on the Superior with a king bed. I had heard about hotel from a very good friend that was here in February. I like quite, euro style, small boutique hotels.
When I got in it was awfully late at 4am. As you can imagine I was exhausted. The front desk agent was very warm and considerate. Got to my room and it was nice and chilly. The room was so quaint with a shear over the bed and smell of lavender. I am a big scent guy as I meditate. I immediately got into bed and my GOD it was beyond comfortable. I quickly passed out and awoke to the same smell of lavender. I went down to breakfast and had the mushroom, onion and cheese omelette. Delicious!!! What really struck me was the attention to detail in service and set up. They really care about the impact in details.
The hotel close to Lincoln Road, beach and Convention Center. They have a great restaurant called Pied a Terre - French cuisine. However they also change menu seasonally as there is this thing called the visiting chef program. I was unable to eat at restaurant on this trip but will next month as I am coming back:-) Hats off to Ricky, Melody and Camila they were a joy to meet. Lastly the rooms were spotless from a Miami standard. This is NOT a party hotel it is sophisticated and relaxing.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and book the superior king or junior suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dreamluxury
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you appreciate all the little touches that we provide for our guest. It is all those little small details that make us unique.

Our staff takes pride in providing superior service, and it’s a pleasure to hear that’s exactly what they did. We are glad to hear we exceeded your expectations.

We hope that next time you stay with us you can enjoy our wonderful restaurant as well!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Manager on Duty
Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is located just 2 blocks from South Beach. It is close to shopping areas as well as some very good restaurants. Rooms are a little small, but very clean and the hotel is very quiet. The staff is very helpful and courteous. Lovely hot tub area, but beware of the numerous mosquitoes! The main drawback is the lack of parking. There are a few hotels in the area that offer parking but make sure they allow for in/out privileges. There is no elevator in the hotel, and so this may be a problem with those in wheelchairs or small kids in strollers. Overall, a lovely place to stay if you are looking for something clean, quiet, and central to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Deborah W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review us.

We are glad you enjoyed our location. We are close to all the main attractions yet, situated in a quiet street.

Our hotel does not have an elevator because we are a historical building. We are not allowed to make any changes to the building. We do however, provide our guest with assistance with the luggage all the time. We also have a wheelchair lift which is located in the back garden area.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we hope to see you back soon!