Cadet Hotel
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
$261
$198
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
$229
  • Restaurant
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
Official Hotel
$189
$279
  • Pool
The Standard, Miami(Miami Beach)
$289
  • Pool
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
$499
EDITION
$296
Travelocity
$292
$272
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsclark gablelincoln roadpied a terrecozy queenlittle touchesin south beachtwo blocksno elevatorcharming hotelsmall hotelfresh fruitocean driveart decowould definitely stay here againlocation is greatstreet noisebeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in a nicely renovated Art Deco building. The rooms are small but clean and nicely furnished. The price when looking the location of the hotel is very good. You can get free beach towels. Breakfast is also good.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank IIM612
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review us.

Our hotel is not only located in the Art Deco District, but is also very rich in history. Our hotel became the home for the newly graduated West Point Cadets during the World War II, under the command of Captain Clark Gable. He stayed in our Master Suite which was named after him.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your recent visit with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My recent visit to South Beach Miami was made very pleasant by staying at the Cadet Hotel. The check in was fast and easy and the help was pleasant. It was beautifully decorated, simple yet elegant. The room was a bit on the small side, but this was the way the properties were built during the art deco period. Water and a small bowl of fresh fruit was available in my room, with a welcome letter addressed to me wishing me a pleasant stay, a nice touch. One of the best features of this hotel were the garden areas. There were 2 of them, each beautifully maintained and a joy to utilize. The one in the back was gorgeous with 2 covered pavilions and a beautiful multi-person jacuzzi. Tropical fauna that was beautiful. This is where I ate my take away dinner of authentic cuban black beans and rice. A quiet slice of paradise, can't get much better than that!!

This is a wonderful boutique hotel located within a block or two of the ocean and a short stroll to all of the things South Beach has to offer including Lincoln Road Mall. If you really aren't hip to the loud bar scene on Collins Avenue then Lincoln Road Mall is for you. A pedestrian only promenade that is full of upscale shops, restaurants, and the occasional "hooka" bar.

The only downside to this hotel was the lack of parking at the hotel. This is not uncommon for the area, as most of the hotels do not have on-site parking. Many of them require valet parking and from what I read it can take some time to fetch your car. Parking was available only a short block from the hotel in a 24 hour manned lot for $35 a day. Unloading your luggage was available at the hotels loading zone, but the lot was so close we chose to just walk.

The Cadet Hotel was a great find in the historical Art Deco district in South Beach, Miami. It was neat, clean, and classy. I would certainly stay here again and would highly recommend to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Call and ask for a room with a courtyard view. Alot of the rooms overlook a street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FloridaSpy007gal
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review us.

In our hotel every detail is unique and personally decorated by the Owner; she strives for perfection in every sense.

We are honored to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that you would so highly recommend us.

We look forward to having you stay at the Cadet again, your home away from home.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wonderful find - small boutique hotel within easy walk to all the action of South Beach. Hotel staff friendly & welcoming, very clean rooms - small but comfortable. Small touches like chocolates on your pillow, fresh fruit and filled ice bucket every evening. Would definitely choose this hotel again next time we travel to South Beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review us.

It’s truly a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing attention to every detail, even providing a warm and memorable welcoming experience from our staff.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here in January and didnt mind not being on the beach or lack of pool. It was really a great little place. The room was decorated nicely and the bathroom was renovated. The staff was also very nice and welcomed us everytime we came in and out. The location is very close to Lincoln Rd so you have many restaurants within walking distance. I would not suggest staying here if you have little children because the rooms are on the small side and there is no real grounds for kids to play.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CadetHotel, Front Office Manager at Cadet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to review us.

Our location is fantastic; we are close to all the main attractions yet, situated in a quiet street. We hope that you had enough time to enjoy everything our city has to offer.

We take pride in providing our guest a superior service; our staff is here to ensure that your stay with us is excellent.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ignore the older reviews on here. My wife and I like to visit South Beach just for the day sometimes because we are about an hour away. We decided to stay for the night this weekend so my wife booked a room at the Cadet at 17th and James, on a last minute whim and after just a little bit of research. What a find!?!

This little boutique hotel has all of the charm of the original South Beach era but is modern and clean and a gem among bigger, more expensive hotels. At just over $200 a night, I was not setting my expectations too high but I was very very happy with everything. We have eaten at Casa Tua, just across James street, and often park right down the street for day trips to the beach so I was always wondering what the Cadet was like. It's just two blocks from the beach and right down the street from the Delano and the SLS.

We arrived early at about 9:30 am, not expecting a room to be ready yet, but it was. Within 5 minutes of arriving, our room was ready. The lobby is small and stylish with a traditional terrazzo floor, a baby grand and a really cool little bar. The desk staff were very friendly and although we had very little to carry, Frank brought us up to our room to help us out.

The room was on the small side (room 214) but very clean, very nice, with crisp but soft white sheets and bedding, great pillows. Everything was clean and new, except the bathroom, which was very clean but just a little more old fashioned. We didn't have a tub but we had a nice sized shower with a stone floor, two shower heads and really great water pressure. Great after the beach. L'Occitane products were a nice touch as were the Hershey's kisses in a tiny little white welcome box and complimentary water.

The in wall A/C units are a bit goofy, and a little bit loud but to me it sounded like the ocean and it put me off to sleep in just a few minutes. The room also had a great view of the garden and hot tub and included two great robes, fresh fruit on arrival and was very very quiet. Room 214 is on the second floor and all the way at the end of the hall so it was great.

My wife also booked us a dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Pied a Terre and it ended up being one of the nicest dining experiences we've had anywhere. The restaurant is a petite French restaurant just steps off the lobby and barely seats 30 people. Our waitress Silvia was really attentive and so helpful with the menu. She actually sat down a couple of times to chat about France and make sure we had everything we wanted. The vegetable tart was an amazing dish and we also enjoyed a crab bisque and split an amazing sea bass. We really felt like we were being served by family, rather than being at a fancy restaurant. At the same time, it was very upscale service, food and atmosphere. Patrick recommended champagne to start and then a delicious glass of a white wine I had never tried before. It was perfect. We finished with a delicious creme brûlée and a cappuccino.

Breakfast the next morning in the little garden patio was like icing on the cake. The little patio is surrounded by tropical flowers and hedges. Our young waiter was very attentive and breakfast was delicious. I wish we could have stayed longer! We will definitely be back.

I've read that there is a lot of noise outside the hotel. I did not notice any. I've ready REALLY OLD reviews on here about a hotel that was moldy, needed renovation, etc. etc. I recommend you disregard any review on here from more than a year or two ago because clearly none of that is true any longer, if ever.

Bonus Tip: If you go to the beach, be sure to come back before 7:00 pm and enjoy the little spa pool in the garden. The hotel and it's landscaping wrap around it and it's kind of dreamy. Enjoy.

P.S. When I read Trip Advisor reviews, I often wonder where else the reviewers have stayed. It's hard to know how reliable reviews are if they have never stayed in other hotels in the area. We have stayed at the Gansevoort South (more recently called the Perry), the Mondrian, the Ritz Carlton, the Tiffany (called the Hotel of South Beach), the Z, the Leslie, the Hotel Astor and the Sagamore. I have to say that although this hotel is not on the beach and is on the small side, it was one of our nicest stays in South Beach yet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarefootandRich

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write this magnificent review.

We appreciate your exceptional compliments about our property and service. It’s always a pleasure to hear your expectations were exceeded.

Considering you visited many hotels in the area and recommend us so highly is truly an honor. We take pride in being different from all the hotels in South Beach. We strive to provide more than just an accommodation for our guest, we want them to feel as part of our family.