WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Brilliant find, just what we needed for a couple of nights with free wifi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nassau Suite Hotel

Nassau Suite Hotel
Ranked #99 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Yorkshire
“Brilliant find, just what we needed for a couple of nights with free wifi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights pre cruise and it was just great. The cab dropped us outside and there is an automatic door to enter. steps and a ramp. We were met by a friendly receptionist who had our booking to hand. The ground floor takes a few steps but the others are serviced by an elevator that was big enough for me and the cases but not able to fit both if us in. It was only 1 flight for my husband who got there before I did. The room was perfect. A kitchen area with fridge, oven, microwave and sink had plenty of utensils and glasses etc. The closet was walk in with lost of space and a safe. The main room contained a sleeping and living area. It was very clean and secure. We were lucky to have the end room so had dual aspect windows too. The only downside in the room was the size of the bathroom that was smaller than the closet but it did its job. The location is one block from the beachfront and 4 blocks from the main shopping area where the restaurants, bars and shops are. The hotel had a few surprises, there was free breakfast and they did both towels and chairs for the beach that we were not aware was included. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was free wifi throughout. All it was missing was a swimming pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tigger32
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for your kind review. We look forward to have you back soon. Warm regards and happy 2014.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Based on the reviews in trip advisor I decided to pick this hotel for our stay in south miami beach. simply every thing was great. we loved the location, the services , the large rooms and the lovely Cuban receptionist.

go for it...

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hamad A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and each time I was not disappointed. For south beach, the price is right and the rooms are big! Full kitchen,sitting area, living room, and huge closets. I was just there this weekend and had the room with the 2 queen beds. The other time I stayed I had the room with the 1 king bed. Both I was very pleased with both! Each time the room was VERY clean and the front desk staff (with the exception of 1 guy) was excellent and so helpful! Its in a good location, there is a paking lot (very convenient), they give towels and chairs for the beach. I would recommend this place without a doubt=)

Room Tip: maybe not the first floor because you could hear people in the lobby in the mornings(thats if people...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious, have kitchen amenities which is convenient if you want to make your own drinks to take to the beach. A liquor store is just down the street and has all the set ups you need. The beach is about two blocks away and we liked having the complimentary beach towels and chairs. We rented a car to drive ourselves from the airport, but you really don't need one if you are spending all your time in South Beach. We stayed on the first floor and yes, you can hear noise from the lobby and street, but it is ok. Breakfast is pretty small selections - juices, coffee, tea, pre-packaged pastries and apples, oranges and bananas.

Other tips:
Fun drinks and atmosphere at Wet Willies - about $10 for a medium and $12 for a large - all frozen drinks. On Ocean Drive.
Sandwiches are generous at Le Sandwicherie - just around the corner from the hotel. Also make great smoothies.
Dinner was awesome at Cafe Nuvo in Espanola Way. Had the lobster risotto and a kiwi mojito. Walking distance from hotel. Excellent mojitos with happy hour until 8pm. Sit outside if possible it's really nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank michellem07
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I made two reservation at this hotel and cancelled it within the cancellation policy and was due for a refund. It's been a month and I haven't received the money back to my account. I called the hotel and spoke to a supervisor named Gillie who impatiently and in a hostile tone insist that they haven't receive the cancellation notice and blames it on booking.com. I called booking.com and it appears on their system that they share with Nassau as cancelled and due for a refund. I called Gillie with that information and was told he will check it in an hour and just to call back. When I ask if he has my information he claims he has it but wasn't able to provide my name when I ask him. I ask to be transferred to the manager but just went to voicemail. I tried to call the hotel numerous times right after but it just keeps on ringing so I'm not sure if Gillie was screening my call. Terrible customer service. I'm glad I cancelled my reservation and I will definitely pursue a claim against this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Flip T
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hi, thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time. Please note that our front desk supervisor Lilly was the person you talked to. If you take the time to read other reviews you will find she has raving fans. We apologize for any misunderstandings on our side. Apparently there were a few reservations and cancellations done under the same name and as they were not made with us directly but through a third party we needed for you the guest to contact them and make sure that all reservations had been cancelled and then they could contact us requesting the refund. The company has sent the cancellation information and the refund has been made, I hope you give us a chance in the future to be of service. Warm regards.
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked two rooms in July for my children and there partners, they said the hotel was great and in a great location. They could not get over the size of the rooms and the fact that they had a seating and kitchen area. They had a great time and took advantage of the beach chairs and towels provided by the hotel. They were never up in time to have the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost a week. They were fully booked when I tried to make a reservation online from home, but I called and the receptionist (Lilly) found a room for some of the days I was supposed to stay and then put me on waiting list for the rest.
She ended up finding a room for me for almost the whole of my stay. Only Saturday night was impossible, as there were no cancellations, but she found me another hotel nearby at a similar price. I stayed at a one bedroom (for the price of a studio, as they gave me an upgrade) the first 4 days, and then in a studio the last 2 days. I am extremely grateful to her for her help both before and during my stay. She really made a difference.
The hotel is extremely well located, close to Lincoln Road, Española Way and South Beach. Because it is on Collins, wether you get a street facing room or an alley facing room, it is pretty noisy, as is all of this area, due to nighttime Latin "music enhanced" traffic at the front, and garbage truck and the occasional past midnight drunken street brawl at the back alley. But it is the same for all hotels in this area, so I cannot really blame occasional night noise on the hotel.

Both rooms were well equipped, and above all, extremely spacious. I loved the hotel and specially Lilly at the reception. I love doing my own shopping and cooking during holidays, so it was wonderful for eating in, especially brunch (I never made it to the hotel breakfast -which was included in the price- on time).

The price is extremely reasonable for the location and the hotel's condition, and although the installations are not as luxurious as they seem on the photos, they were more than adequate for my requirements: the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the shower was good, the TV and the remote worked properly, the fridge was huge, the kitchen was a good size, there were almost enough appliances (only missed a toaster) and the dining area acceptable. Definitely recommend it if you like renting apartments more than a hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zelmira_BsAs
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi! Thanks for your review they help us improve our services. We look forward to see you again soon. Warm regards,