WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #100 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nassau Suite Hotel- OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We arrived on Nov 22, 2012.

1. Customer Service: Excellent staff- we had no issues with customer service. Very friendly, no matter what time it was- our needs were always attended too. They work hard to provide great service.

2. Room: The room was dark- Only pot lights in the rooms. I found it dark, no matter what time of day it was. Floor tiles were cracked, and grout was very stained in areas, especially the bathroom area. Glass in the bathroom, had allot of hard water stains. Toilet seat required changing, found it ripped, and stained (not hygienic at all.)

Windows required window frosting. The view we had was not pleasant, and overlooked the back of the next hotel- A very dank looking hotel.

Good air-conditioning, and good hot water. The kitchen is fantastic! You can make your own meals, and that saves so much money to spend on other things. The kitchen is huge; and the granite is clean, and polished. There is a full size fridge, and freezer! And to add to that, a microwave, and a full-size oven. Oven is clean, just like the fridge. Full size, not small useless bar fridge.- A very nice added concept. Kitchen was very clean.

This place provides some basic kitchen utensils- pots, knifes, mugs. I suggest washing with bleach, for obvious reasons- like you would and should.

Bedroom: The bed was beyond horrible. - I truly mean this. My partner is normally not bothered with soft beds, but this takes it to the extreme. The bed mattress needed to be tossed out. Its way past its use, and that was an total understatement. The bedroom was spacious, and clean.

Overall: A great place, excellent service. I feel this place needs some serious renovations, and updates, but it was a great stay with the noted above comments.

Room Tip: - Find a room that faces the street, NOT the next door trashy hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thanks for your review. Apologies if you felt mattress was uncomfortable. We are looking into this matter. Thanks Again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Booked 3 nights here in July this year, arrived 9.30pm only for our room to be given to a walk-in...... Staff were absolutely rude and completely incompetent at their job.....the man at the front desk was as useful as a bull with noogs, they moved us to a so called sister hotel and this was bad, for the so called best room in the hotel it was below 2 star, rude staff again and a lack of service was just what we needed to make a move, sorry but do not stay here or at the beach comber they are appalling

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for your time and comments. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have had during your stay. We had an unfortunate situation with our room allocation. We are working so that this will not happen again. We wish you a pleasant week and hope you will give us in the future another opportunity to be of service. Warm regards.
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed on this hotel for one night on my way back to LA. The rooms-suites are spacious, clean, modern and updated. Rooms look awesome. Bathroom is small. Full kitchen available with small dining area for two, small living room area as well. I believe you will love the room. The bed though is so hard. Decent to sleep maybe for a night or two. If I were the owner of the hotel, I would change the beds. Shabby building that shows wear and tear. Elevator was out of order and probably happens a lot since elevator is old. Had to carry luggage to the second floor through narrow stairs.
Free parking at this hotel. Most hotels in South Beach charge you around $35 valet, public parking around $25 per day
Service is good, staff is friendly and courteous, but scarce. This is a small hotel 20 plus beds, and it is understandable. I am bad with names, but the Peruvian lady at the front desk, really went the extra mile, to take care of us at check in. The other front desk person, Cuban lady, was also a delight at check out.
If you want a hotel were the staff continuos caters to your need (Concierge, Bellboy, Room service, etc) this hotel may not be for you, but if you are for a short stay, want a spacious fancy suite don’t mind walk one block to the beach and a few blocks to all hot spots like Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, Collins Ave stores, this would be a good pick. Suite allows to even cook in your room full kitchen.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Check in on 9/21/12 late (1200 midnight ).. Rooms were spacious costumer service sucks.!!! Couldn't get much info from front desk male employees...very rude and disconcert....need better service at front desk..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cuteepie
Fort Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We checked in August 31, 2012, we arrived early and asked if possible to check in early but was told no due to cleaning in which was understood. Lilly I believe is her name WAS AWESOME.. She is a asset and hotels need more employees like her in order to want customer wanting to return. Our suite was really nice and updated BUT I wouldn't stay there again only because it is South Beach and I go to have fun and enjoy my time including the time in my room and they complained about our music at 6pm BUT the people down the hall had their music blasted the following day. If that is the rules that is fine and well respected also housekeeping knocked twice didn't give us a chance to answer the door and my husband and I were in bed she just opened the door NOT GOOD!!!!! The two other front desk gentlemen after Lilly were rude.. if I needed anything I just waited for her to arrive AGAIN SHE WAS AWESOME

If you are looking for a quite hotel this is the right one ON CERTAIN DAYS

• 3 of 5 bubbles
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for your comments. They help us improve our services . We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay in Miami. We do our best to support and encourage our guests's tranquility and peaceful enjoyment of our property. We look forward to see you again soon.
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on our way down to Key West. The rooms were very spacious and the idea is great in theory. The cleanliness is far below what I would expect for a hotel. I never walked around barefoot as when I went to wipe up some spilled water on the floor, the towel came up black (gross......mop the floors, please.) I stopped at the store to buy some Clorox wipes before I used anything in the kitchen and bathroom. Our view was ridiculous......looked like we were in the middle of crack alley. We kept the curtains closed the entire time to distract from the view. I did check for bed bug evidence and have to say that I did not find any in our room. BUT, I did see a cockroach in the stairway and that was my last straw....we were out of there and on our way to Key West. Front desk help certainly was not the most friendly or helpful. I highly discourage anyone from staying here. My skin still crawls when I think of our stay here.

2 Thank cmharris0722
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience at our property. We are currently talking with the affected departments to find out details and make necessary adjustments and corrections. We certainly wish you had mentioned these issues while you were staying with us so that we could have dealt with them at that moment and made your stay more pleasurable. Warm regards.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Started out in a one bed suite when we purchased a 2bed suite and did not get a 2bed suite till the following evening. Toilet kept getting clogged along with the bathroom sink and spotted a couple bed bugs. Hair was in the bagel container for breakfast and when the front desk clerk was notified he just had the hair removed. Lastly the housekeeping clerk washed dishes with her bare hands and our television didnt get replaced til the last day of our stay so we went the majority of the time without a television!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank riecee
SobeMiami, Manager at Nassau Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Hi, thanks for taking the time to write a review. It certainly helps us improve our services. I have been in touch with the different departments involved and we are working on ways to prevent this from happening again. Apparently the rotating entertainment center where the tv is set up is difficult to access when a tv needs replacement. We are working to improve that. Maintenance did not receive a report of bugs during your stay so they checked the room after you checked out and did not find any. All the hotel is serviced regularly by a pest control company. I was told by our front desk that you were offered and alternative room but did not take it.
Thanks again for your support and comments.