Just recently spent 4 days here. I'll highlight the good points...
* Computers in the business center (no charge... beats going to one of the internet stations down 16th or Washington, and spending $3 for 15 minutes)
* Proximity to beaches (though, it was too windy most of the days we were there)
* Rooms are modern looking, with up to date furniture.
* Old hotel, modernized. Old looking on outside, mostly new inside.
Now the issues I/We had:
* Kitchen seemed incomplete. No stove vent.. As another person put it, could smell what you cooked last night. It was quite awkward to get plates, bowls and glasses. An elevated cabinet would be a big improvement.... just one would suffice. No cutting knives, just butter knives. [A trip down to the front desk, got me nowhere... I really don't think the guy understood me... just said, that's all we got... if I knew who the manager was, I would've talked with him/her ]
With few exceptions, we were disappointed with the staff in general.
* Linens stank of perfume. Room stank of perfume. It was hard to sleep that first night. As a result, we opened the windows (and kept them open throughout), which made the smell dissipate, somewhat.
(asking for replacements just would be more of the same, so we didn't bother). As a result, we had to keep the maid service out of the room for the duration of our stay.
The breakfast options were not good... It's a step below a continental breakfast. For what we paid a night, ($200+) we expected a more than what we saw. But since there is a kitchen available in our room, we made our breakfast up there. For those that would like to know what they serve, almost daily, here it is:
* Blueberry muffins that looked like they came from Publix.
* Tiny white bread bagels from Publix.
* less than ripened bananas (only were there once during our stay)
* Croissants (Publix)
* Chocolate chip cookies (Publix)
* Orange juice (see below)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Art Deco Boutique Hotel features 22 over sized suites. All studios and one bedroom suites offer spacious living area, walk in closets, fully equipped kitchens. Some one bedroom suites also feature a dinning room area. All rooms include, hair dryers, safety boxes, iron & ironing boards, voice mail, minibar, flat screen tvs. Wireless internet available through out hotel. Continental breakfast, access to internet, business center, gym and private movie theater free of charge. Beach chairs and towels. beach toys free of charge too. Parking o site at daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Nassau Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nassau Hotel Miami Beach
- Hotel Nassau Suite
- Nassau Suite Miami Beach