“Nice Suites, Great Stay”
Review of The Park Central

The Park Central
Ranked #133 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We stayed at the Park Central one night when the Casa Grande gave away our reservation. We were fortunate that the Park Central had vacancy at the last minute but the only rooms available were suites at a higher price. I am, however, glad that we stayed here because the suite was very large and cozy. It had a full kitchen and a good size living room. The bedroom was separated from the living room by double-doors. The king bed was large and very comfy. The bathroom was not very big and a bit worn down. The windows from our bedroom and livingroom faced Ocean Dr and the beach. The staff, both at the front desk and luggage service, were very friendly and helpful. The front desk could not believe they gave away our reservation at the Casa Grande hotel and even worse, that they were not paying for our stay at the Park Central.

I don't know how the regular rooms are on the main building, but the suites, located on the small building south of the pool, were very nice and roomy. We enjoyed our stay and loved the comfort of the bed.

One negative incident to note is that I asked if I could extend the checkout one hour and this lady on the phone from the front desk rudely responded that it wasn't possible and that they would send someone up to the room to get us out if we were not at the front desk by the check out time. I simply asked the question and wasn't arguing or pushing for this, so I was very surprised and put off by this response. So, apparently, depending on your luck, or time of the day, you may experience nice or rude staff at the front desk...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bocarob

Reviewed January 6, 2009

Just returned from fabulous South Beach - After reading the review concerning the front desk - I just had to write. We had the completely opposite experience. Everyone - absolutely everyone was wonderful - couldn't do enough for us. The front desk especially Jacki was great. The staff always asked how our trip was and if we were enjoying ourselves.

The hotel itself was exactly what we were looking for - an art deco style with charm and class. To walk into the lobby at night with the lighting and fans was pleasing to all our senses. We felt like we were very special guests.

New Year's Eve in South Beach is very lively on the street - after stolling down Ocean Drive we were able to have lovely drinks at the bar at Quinns and then go up to the rooftop deck and watch the incredible fireworks without having to be in the midst of the crowds down below - that in itself was truly amazing.

We will definitely return and stay at the Park Central!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eem1016
Reviewed January 6, 2009

This is a great old art deco hotel. It is featured in postcards and posters and is really a classic. The rooms themselves are not luxurious, let it be said. We had some peeling paint and the bathrooms are definitely small and old. We had an ocean view room, but the windows weren't super big, and we were on the third floor, so the view was a bit obstructed by palm trees. However, the room was certainly a decent size and quite comfortable. The location is excellent. You are on the main drag, but on a block that doesn't get quite as much traffic or noise, so we had no noise issues at all. You are directly across the street from the beach. I would definitely recommend it. Make sure you check out the Hotel Victor (four blocks away) and get a massage at their fantastic spa!

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We had a very pleasant surprise as we pulled up to the Park Central Hotel. Not having been in South Beach before we were so pleased to see the happy atmosphere and the quaint surroundings that greeted us. The hotel is in a perfect location, close to the best restaurants and across the street from the beach. We walked EVERYWHERE and when needed we took a local bus that cost us 25 cents one way each. The staff was very accomodating and the concierge was very knowledgable and friendly. Our room was very clean, small but very comfortable. The linens were crisp and pure white. It was a pleasure to sleep in our bed. My only suggestion in order to make this hotel number 1 on my list is painting and sprucing up the woodwork especially around the doors. I found the chipped paint very unattractive. I also feel that the lighting in the hallway could be brighter and cheerier. My only negative comment is that we could very distinctly hear the voices of the people in the next room. Overall I loved this hotel and would gladly stay in it again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This is the very best location in South Beach. This hotel, however, has to be careful that it doesn't rest on this asset. For a property built in the 1930's, Park Central's rooms have been outfitted very comfortably; only complaint here is the very dim lighting in the bathroom. The hotel is clean and safe. Anyone who complains about small rooms, "old style" furniture, and noisy air conditioning here doesn't catch on to the concept. The two restaurants, Quinn's, and the adjoining Casablanca, never failed to satisfy. Superb food and service. Now the bad news. The attitude of the Front Desk staff and the housekeepers is one of the worst I've encountered in a while. Surprisingly surly, cold, and indifferent is how I would describe all of the Front Desk agents. Rude is how I would describe the housekeeping staff. During my four nights' stay I never saw anyone who appeared to be a Supervisor or Manager. Perhaps this may be the explanation for the general sourness. Five stars I would have given the Park Central had it not been for the awful employees mentioned above. I'll probably stay here again, just for another try, but with so many other competitors in South Beach I won't continue to tolerate bad manners and poor hospitality skills.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2008

I am 21 and stayed here with my boyfriend for a week. First thing is first..this hotel is TINY as most of the hotels on ocean drive. But how much time do you spend in the hotel when the beach is right across the street anyway? the rooms are very small and the bathroom cannot fit more than one person in it at the same time.

the pool is digustingly small. I did not even know it was possible to build a pool that tiny and there were VERY limited number of chairs on the pool deck. i was on the beach the entire time so it did not really bother me.

the location is PERFECT. right across the street from the beach, next to johnny rockets and news cafe is right down the street. it was so much fun walking up and down ocean drive at night getting drinks. i loved it. i would stay here again in a heartbeat, best kept secret!!!!! ignore the bad reviews, really do. although this hotel isnt a 5 star hotel, most the hotels on ocean drive are like this hotel or even smaller. it is honestly perfect if you wanna go to the beach, go to nice cafes, and take walks along ocean drive after dinner. also, the shopping on lincoln street is a plus!! theres a plaza with like a starbucks and some shops a couple streets down as well. love love loooove it here

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2008

fabulous location, great beds and new windows that keep down the outside noise. agree with previous review except that i would not recommend this hotel for kids and teenagers. have stayed there countless times and find that it is more of an adult hotel unless you rent one of the small "apartments" attatched to the hotel and plan on staying at the beach most of the day. there are no kids activities at the hotel, or places for kids to play, and in my perhaps 50 times staying there , i have only seen a handful of children. have sent many friends and coworkers to the hotel and not one has ever had a bad experience. much nicer to stay at an art deco hotel on ocean then at a huge chain where no one knows you. great staff, great advice on where to go and what to do. can't say anything bad.

• Stayed: November 2008