“Great stay on South Beach by Ava B.”
Review of The Park Central

The Park Central
Ranked #137 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Park Central, the room was reminiscent of the old movies but quite contemporary. My cousin recommended this hotel because she stayed a week in 2010 and really enjoyed herself. Like her, I was traveling alone. Approaching the hotel, live jazz music and diners filled the sidewalk cafe. The decor of the lobby was beautiful. The bar and indoor dining area was inviting. ( I ate breakfast at the Park Central Cafe on the last day of my stay and the food and price was great - actually, enough for 2.) My room was very nice and the king-size bed was very comfortable. I also loved the very wide screen TV. My view overlooked the pool and I could also see the ocean. The bathroom was small and quaint but doable. But most importantly the staff was absolutely fabulous, Keysa, Allison, Sharon, Line at the registration desk. Ricardo(doorman) gave me great recommendations for places to eat and was a wonderful photographer too. The bartender was superb, and housekeepers too. Oh, I must not forget the "cabana boy" on the beach, another photographer! I came in Thursday night, January 24th and left Saturday, the 26th. Although my visit was short, it seem several days! Great place to stay, even if you are traveling alone! Will stay again!! Ava B.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor. I did hear the live music from the outside dining area but I really enjoyed...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AvaPerrine25
Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great location and they provide chairs on the beach. People are really friendly and the mojitos are some of the best in Sth Beach. The room is small and but good. We were in room 303 and it had the WORST shower head in the United States. I reported it when I left and not before as I was having to much fun.

Don't over look the restaurant as it had some of the best Stone Crabs in town. I look forward to returning. The staff really made this a fun place to stay for us. We are in our late 40s and they seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Very good mojitos and food.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've stayed at the Park Central on our last four visits to Miami Beach, and I'm sure we'll stay here again. We've had a room at the back ("basic," I think they call it), partial ocean view (a room at the side, twice), and a suite. We haven't made it to the "big time" of the ocean-front room, but we've been happy with all of the rooms we've stayed in.

The beds are comfortable, possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The rooms are always clean. The pool and the area around it are kept clean, too.

Yes, as some reviewers have said, the rooms and bathrooms aren't huge. But this hotel was built in 1937, and most hotels of that era had small rooms. (Hey, you're in Miami Beach, don't spend your time in a hotel room!!!!) They're serious about maintaining the hotel's historic atmosphere, and they're a member of the Historic Hotels of America (part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation). We love the 1930's photographs that are part of the decor. The ceiling fans are in the art deco style, too. The furniture style maybe old-fashioned to go with the historic period, but you have to give them credit for plenty of drawer space. And our room had a big closet, too.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Walking in, we always felt like we were being welcomed home.

The location is perfect, on Ocean Drive, just walk across the street to the beach. But not too close to the party hotels where the music blares all night.

Nice touches include robes in the room, a beautiful rooftop sundeck (where they sometimes show movies), free lounge chair on the beach, and Bogart sitting in an antique car parked out front. Free wifi with a good, strong signal. And all at a good price compared to other Ocean Drive hotels!

The only minus is the lack of a coffee maker in the room. It would be nice to be able to have coffee first thing in the morning. There is room service, but I don't usually bother with room service when I travel. One other really small thing is that they have changed their toiletries since our last visit. I used to like their soaps, but the new brand has an odd scent that I didn't like. But I'm picky about soaps, so I always have my own with me, just in case.

1  Thank Kathy49NJ
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I were so fortunate to come across this gem of a hotel. The price, location, service, and art deco character were all exceptional. The pool is lovely and the gym is excellent for a small hotel. I was most impressed with the bellboy and concierge staff considering the affordable price point. Will look forward to returning again soon.

1  Thank olsonmj
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent location on Ocean Drive across from the ocean andl close to restaurant and bar activity. Hotel staff very friendly and polite. Rooms clean and mine had a walk in closet area to store clothes and suitcase. Beds comfortable. Pool area small, but very nice to access to a pool. Roof deck nice to go on at night. Loved the free beach chairs and towels. Could hear some noise at night from street and outside restaurant activity, but not bad.

Try the great cuban restaurant on 7th and Collins. Tasty food at great prices! Hotel also close to Walgreens.

This was my 2nd visit at this hotel and I would defintely come again.

2  Thank ErikaT_10
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the past 9 years. I love the location, love the staff..., but I do think its time to update the rooms.
The food is great.., kinda expensive. Lobby is beautiful and comfortable. The staff is very friendly an accommodating.

Well worth it for the location.!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Tyrone G
Reviewed January 13, 2013

When you stay here, you're paying for location. If you like the nightlife and the beach, the location is great. The staff was also polite and helpful. However, the rooms need work. I found ants in the bathroom and there wasn't much room to walk with double beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends