“New year eve stay 2013”

The Park Central
Ranked #132 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“New year eve stay 2013”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Where so I start first. I was beyond disappointed with the hotel decor and tiny bathrooms. This us not my first or second time in Miami beach but my fourth time! I have never experienced the worsted dinner for New Year's Eve that cost unbelievable expensive and I wouldn't mind paying for a show that we were told Brazilian amazing entertainment that they going to have a four course dinner, champane for $225 per person tax and tip not included. The Brazilian show supposed to start at 7pm it didn't start until after 9pm and the dancers were horrible dinner was not great it wasn't tasty as I thought it would be as I hear from there employee of hotel that it will be a amazing dinner & entertainment none was great! Hold on one more thing the service was horrible I order a steak it was under cooked I returned it for more cooking I asked for my steak to be medium well was extremely medium then my fiancé had his meal and finished it as well 45 minutes later I got my steak and I had to eat by myself on New Year's Eve! I suggest you save your money if you ever going to spend any money in this place. I told the manager and she says she would do something for me by her talking to the owner and would callee back the same day" guess what no call!". Bad customer service and yet I haven't received a call as she promised but she knew how to be unprofessional on the phone while I told her how our New Years was she even argued with me about it! I have been from Europe and carribeans locations and have never experience the worst service and its not the employees it's the horrible management that did no training also do not have breakfast here either you will wait 45 mins for scramble egg whits and come out wrong. SAVE A HEADACHE & YOUR MONEY! Trust me I ate in million different places and don't mine paying but for what u get promised!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Elsinasmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Big Rock, IL
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice place! This is a fine example of the Historical Art Deco South Beach hotel. Service is without a doubt superb. Of course the price is crazy on New Years eve but certainly not the craziest thing you will experience on this South Beach evening. Prices returned to a normal level the next day. The art deco theme is maintained nicely throughout. Room was very clean. Minor dings here and there but its historical! The service is what one would expect from a fine hotel. No one bothers you BUT the moment you need assistance, someone appears and helps out. (Sutton Place in Vancouver and Chicago have this down also.) Again, the location is superb. On Ocean Drive, across street from the finest beach and the premier people watching location in North America.Will stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wimbledon, London
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel exceeded expectations. The in-house Quinns restaurant was excellent and the cafe bar for breakfast perfectly acceptable. Free beach towels and beach sun loungers an unexpected bonus. If we were really quibbling, and being British, it would have been nice to have tea making facilities in the room, and the conciege was a bit "Fawlty Towers", but on the whole, we were really pleased

Room Tip: Sign up to the Miami Gold card members info - worthwhile discount / upgraded
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike W
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. The Quinn Restaurant was awesome. Our bartender Claire was super sweet and a great bartender. The rooms were nice but could use some updating. We enjoyed our ocean view room.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms faced the street. New Year's Eve was rowdy. If you're a light sleeper ask...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhoenixAndBeyond
Arizona, USA
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a historic art deco property, built about 100 years ago. If you are looking for an uber luxurious property with chocolates on your pillow this is not the place. However, this is a decent hotel with a good location between 5th and 7th street right on ocean drive. The bathrooms were not built to today's marble and countertop standards, there is a pedestal sink and shelving for your toiletries. It is a little small. However, the room is clean, the charming crank out windows provided a nice view of the pool (which has color changing neon lights in the water at night) and the ocean across the street.

I saw the review about the musak, and yes there was music piped in over the pool deck and bar area and yes, on the second floor we could hear it with the window open. However the music stopped about 11 pm and we closed the window and it didn't bother us before 11.

The prior occupant seems to have left the water in the tub directed to the showerhead, so when we arrived the dripping into the tub splashed onto the tub mat and it was partly wet when we arrived. No big deal, just changed the faucet to tub rather than shower and moved the mat to hand into the tub, never happened again.

My son walked all over the room in his white socks and they remained white, this is unusual in a hotel, the carpets were clean. The old time movie show on the roof on Thursday with the free popcorn and soda was charming and cute. The staff ran to help us up the steps when we got out of the taxi, they couldn't help us enough. The maintenance man that recommended Pizza Rustica for pizza was spot on, we ordered in one night and it was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean, it's beautiful. Also avoid the sidewalk restaurants ad...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wannaseetheworldlt
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at The Park Central for a weekend in Sept. 2011. Excellent location, close to the beach and various resturants.The hotel staff were very friendly, and we even got to check in early. Our room was a little small, but it was clean. The decor of the hotel was outdated and the hallways were a bit smelly (mildew/old man scent). Do not eat breakfast at the hotel until you have walked down Ocean Drive, other hotels have better breakfast deals. Overall, based on the location, it was good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Totally love this hotel and all the staff particulary Rudy who made us feel so welcome and was so helpful when we arrived after our tedious journey of many delays.

Due to flight delays, immigration queues and the over an hour wait to pick up the hire care, we'd had a wobbly drive into Miami in the dark to find the hotel. Arrived on the wrong side of the street but luckily valet stopped traffic for us to do a U turn and park right outside. Bags were picked up by porters and we were whisked into reception.

Rudy sympathised with the fact that it was about 3am for us and very quickly sorted out an upgrade at $25 per night into a double aspect ocean view room, arranged valet parking (at $28 see website) and gave us information on restaurants and bars which we could get a late mean / drink.

Bags were taken up for us and we entered room 516....ta da....art deco all the way, really fab with excellent views of Ocean Drive, the beach and the Ocean beyond. Bath robes, mini bar, large wardrobe space, ceiling fan as well as Air Con. It was like stepping back in time and when you are in this hotel you can imagine the rat pack at the bar!! Just great.

Safe also in room plus iron and ironing board. No tea or coffee making facilities (I need my tea)

We were there the first weekend of December, it wasn't too hot or humid so we slept with the window open some of the time. It is a lively area but it didn't disturb my sleep much, not much does though.

We didn't eat at Quinns Resturant but several times had meals at the Park Central cafe and the food was excellent on every occasion (breakfast, lunch and dinner) also very reasonable prices for Ocean Drive.

Location is good, it's quite lively but I like that. Beach is just across the road (towels provided) and there is also a nice roof top / sun deck. The pool was on the small side and while we didn't use it in the 3 nights we were staying I did see other guests in and around it. Overall the hotel didn't feel really busy even though I think there were only a few rooms available.

We were on foot alll the time, didn't really need a car! Collins Ave. 1 block back is great for shopping and Washington Ave gives you a slightly more urban gritty feel. Generally the neighbourhood is lively and bustling day and night but we felt it was safe enough even at 2am on Sunday morning.

If I came to Miami again I would definitely stay here and I have already reccomended this hotel to friends should they be in Miami.

Room Tip: Ask if ocean view rooms are available if you like a busy vibe & a great view, if you need plenty...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple