“Good price. Bit too loud at night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ocean

Hotel Ocean
Ranked #150 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good price. Bit too loud at night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice and modern, but the blind was broken which I had to spend 15minutes fixing on the first night and the safe didn't work (they did fix it the next day).

Unfortunately there was a significant amount of noise at night. There was very loud music played right outside our room in the courtyard until past midnight on memorial day. Other nights it stopped at midnight but no chance of sleeping until then.

The breakfast was basic but OK. Most days I had scrambled eggs from the buffet, but on 1 day for no reason there was no hot breakfast so toast was all I had which was a bit disappointing.

The price was very good and one of the best beach front prices we could find.

Free bike rental was a major plus to have this included and it gave us great freedom to explore South Beach and go over the Venetian causeway to the American Airlines arena.

The staff were friendly and helpful at all times.

We went to the hotels restaurant for a couple of drinks and a pizza to share. Pizza was very nice. However, we asked what happy hour was and were told by the waiter it meant all the cocktails on display were $15. We both had a cocktail but when the bill came I was charged $35 for mine. When I queried it i was told the waiter had made a mistake and it should have been all cocktails except the one i had were $15. Even though it was the waiters mistake the best they could do was take $5 off the bill and the service charge was already included so I couldn't even amend that. Disappointed to be told one price and charged another and charged service automatically as well. Be careful if you eat or drink here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying at hotel ocean. I got a great deal on bookit.com so I figured I would try. I usually stay at the same hotel everytime I go to south beach. Anyway the staff was very friendly and helpful my room was clean. The only flaw was there was live music right outside of my room till about 10 or11 I can't remember but it wasn't too bad. If I got a good deal again I would stay. The normal prices are a little expensive.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Aj M
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Perfect location, very nice and helpful staff. Free cookies, tee and coffee available at the reception. the only thing is that breakfest might have been a bit more diversed. Surely worth visiting if you want to fully enjoy South Beach!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnulaWawa
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Hubby and I stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Miami back in 2003. The hotel was very very clean, the staff was excellent, the location was perfect for us. We would definitely stay here again. We loved being able to hear the latin music from near by clubs as well. We stayed here a few days before our cruise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Killa M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've stayed here during several visits to Miami. Had a nice room with terrace overlooking the ocean. The terrace rooms are set back so their is less noise from the bustling ocean drive. This is not a luxurious hotel, but I've always found it satisfactory and clean. The management gives the word "laid back" new meaning. They are relaxed about everything, but eventually get the job done.

I've stayed at the hotel under previous French management and it was really lovely with fabulous room service for breakfast. Sadly this si no longer the case, but there is limited breakfast in the lobby with toast,bagles cereal packs and coffee. Adequate. but it ends at 10 am which is a drag because we stay out quite late and would love to sleep.

But overall it is a pleasant place and not terribly expensive relative to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I had one of the terrace rooms on the top floors. Quite nice view of the ocean set back from noisy O...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Best part of the stay was the service offered at check in from Ellie, I work in hospitality and maybe for that reason have a special eye and bit of patient when complaining about hotel stays. The first room we received had a dirty carpet, dirty curtain, and dust under a pillow, so we asked to be moved to another room. The second room #201, had broken toilet seat, main door to the outside had a faulty lock, bathroom door wouldn't close, mattress had only one sheet, a flat sheet to cover it, the a/c unit was inconsistent and required regular monitoring. Fruit flies everywhere in the hallways, and lobby, I guess due to the free coffee and cookies laid out in a dirty corner where the bicycles are parked. The only plus was the location, and the fact that we received a free pass to use the Hotel Victor pool and lounge area. This hotel needs to be more consistent with what it offers, even when expressing the list of issues mentioned above at checkout, all we got was " we will let a manager know", no compensation, no sympathy. I would stay elsewhere when traveling to South Beach.

Room Tip: request a renovated room and away in the back of the hotel if you don't like to hear a band play...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ros O

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Very... Highly pleased with our stay here. Stayed in the North building, 3rd floor (there's 5) corner room, oceanfront. Had 2 reg size windows...1 facing beach/ocean. However, due to tree lines & such ...it's not great for water view. The room was very fresh & clean. Very modern & updated in furnishings. Wi-fi & cable. Large in footage & Bed was fab! Frig, Safe, Iron & board, & blow dryer. No coffee maker or micro. Bath was huge, all redone. Very nice & jacuzzi tub was the greatest! Separate shower. Their courtyard area is very nicely furnished & decorated. A small band does play there at night. Staff was very accommodating. There weren't ANY odors in the elevator we used. They also have a real nice inside staircase.
They have valet out front. The restaurant attached had good food & good prices. Outdoor seating that overlooks Ocean Dr & beach. Their pool & fitness is in their sister hotels, which is just down from hotel ocean. Didn't visit them. It is in a great location on Ocean Dr...more the north end of road. Walk to everything.
My only complaint is: No bellman ...& only One luggage cart. None the less, we will be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends