“Great location, poor service.”
Review of Hotel Ocean

Hotel Ocean
Ranked #158 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Great location, poor service.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just got back from this hotel. We stayed from the 18th of July until the 22nd. We booked for 3 people and asked for two beds and the package said it came with an ocean view and no hotel fees (charges for towels, beach chairs etc...) once we got there, our receptionist was quite nice but wanted to charge us hotel fees so we had to tell her that our package came with no fees and it was fine. Once we got to our room, our room was very clean but extremely small. We paid 216$ a night and just had a small room with a king bed. And it wasn't the best ocean view with all the trees in front and no balcony. Our phone wasnt working and we told her about it but it never did even when we left it was still not working and we at least told them 3 times to have it fixed. On Friday morning we had another receptionist. She was horrible. Service was very poor. She didn't greet nor asked if she could help us. She didn't say a word we had to greet her and asked for towels and beach chairs all she did was give it to us. And she didn't seem to happy.

Overall, great location. The hot is situated right across the beach, and there's a lot of affordable restaurants on the street. But very poor service, and for paying 216$ a night I was expecting a lot more.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Östersund, Jämtlands Län, Sweden
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in the penthouse suite, very nice with a huge balcony overlooking Ocean drive and the ocean. Lots of space and we could easily have stayed 5 people instead of 3 there. Comfortable king size bed in bedroom, the other bed not quite as comfortable. I highly doubt they swab the floor, if walking around bare-foot =v dirty feet... We also complained about one of the blinds not working, and nothing happened about that either even after a couple of reminders. Also - bring ear plugs - entertainment from the italian restaurant tends to get loud! But the location is great so we even if we had some things to complain about I'd still go back to Hotel Ocean next time I go to South Beach.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Location is perfect if you like nightlife. The only problem is if you wanna sleep early you can not till 2 am. Rooms are huge and the atmosphere is amazing.. Hotel has a good italian restaurant in enterance . I highly recommend hotel if you will not come back room before 2 am.

Room Tip: Ocean view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaptanhakan
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The one thing that i will say is that i don't understand how that room is supposed to sleep four with one bed. The location was sweet and I think that is what i paid more for was the location than the room itself. It did not have a microwave and the fridge didn't work very well. The staff were very nice and that is what made up for the substandard room. If you go with a significant other than the room is cool, but if you go with a group of friends, then i wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let me start off with one good thing we arrived at 11am and the room was ready so they did let us check in early with no extra charges. Once we got to the room NOPE not what is on any of the pictures. The room was huge and nice new hard wood floors however they were sandy and when I dropped my phone it flew under the bed and OMG really sooooooo dirty it was discussing and I wanted to clean but my boyfriend said NO you are on vacation no cleaning (I guess I am a clean freak). There was no counter space in the bathroom and mold in the grout in the shower if you are cluster phobic his is not the shower for you (room 308). The restaurant is horrible we ate there the first day we got there over priced and horrible paid $45 for Lunch. The Music they play at night all night long(I am guessing middle eastern music we could not tell) will drive you crazy I was ready to complain but what good would that do. Continental breakfast well if you like pastries and box cereal then I guess fine but when down about 30 before they said they close it up but it was already put away and didn't get my coffee. NO coffee pot in the room either. My boyfriend said I can no longer pick the rooms when we go on vacation. lol I don't complain much and still made the best of it just wish there pictures were more realistic. If you decided to stay here good luck!

Room Tip: stay anywhere but here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angela C

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

You never know what your going to get booking on-line, but this time paid off. the room was nicely decorated and larger than expected. The location is ideal....right in the heart of South Beach activity and across the street from the beach and park. The staff was absolutely incredible!! Truly defines hospitality!! An added bonus is full access to their other property and all amenities.
Will definitely stay here on my next trip to Miami Beach. Staff made the real difference!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is perfectly situation on the South Beach strip across the street from the beach. Pros: location is excellent. I had a Deluxe Ocean View Suite - beautiful room which seemed to be newly refurbished with a very large bathroom and kingsize bed. It was a corner suite so it looked out over the beach (I was on the 2nd floor) as well as the hotel's courtyard below. The hotel provides beach chairs free of charge as well as bikes if you want to take in some of the surrounding area. Bars, clubs and restaurants are on either side of the hotel so prime location. One note - we were told that all the other rooms are double beds only - 1 per room. I was travelling with two friends who were sharing a room and thought they were getting separate beds due to the hotel description - and not the case. The cons: The street noise. As noted, my room overlooked the beach/street and the hotel courtyard below. In the evening, a band played in the courtyard and since I was on the second floor, it seemed like they were playing in my room (single pane windows did nothing to block out the noise - nor did the curtains - as I was desperate). After the band finished their set at 1:30 a.m., the hotel then proceeded to pipe in loud music until 4:30 a.m. This combined with guests/tourists drinking and carousing below until 4:30 a.m. resulted in pretty much, a sleepless night. The back rooms are much quieter, albeit smaller and darker - but worth it if you value your sleep. While it was a great location, I would consider other properties on the strip before looking at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends