“Awesome place to stay!”

Ranked #154 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed there for two nights and I loved my room. Harold at the front desk was so nice and helpful. He gave me an upgrade to a suite. It was huge. It was stylish. It was AWESOME!! Plus they gave me towels and beach chairs for the beach, which was right in front of the hotel! I had a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We (My Fiance and I) stayed at Hotel Ocean for 2 nights. We checked in on a Wednesday, last summer to go to a Florida Marlins game. When we checked in we found out we were upgraded to the penthouse suite. When we were upgraded my concern was I wanted to make sure I had a clean room. Once we got to our room I could almost scream at the beautiful view we had. The amount of space on the balcony was enough to have a party of 10-15 people and wrapped around our room. We had so much space it definitely was bigger, then the pictures I had seen online. My only reserve was with the bathroom it wasn't upgraded like the rest of the room. I personally am very OCD about bathrooms. But again this is a hotel not my home. I loved the added option of a separate bathtub being in the room; my fiance could shower while I took a bath. Again I am a very picky person and I realize that I paid $110.00/ night on Ocean Drive and for the value I could not have any complaints at all. The hotel itself is smack dab in the mix of things: clubs, restaurants, shopping etc. The free breakfast was another added bonus because we took ours to go. The beach chairs that the resort fees covered were so what the doctor ordered because we enjoyed a sun filled day taking in all the sun we could possibly have. Bottom line I have no issues with my stay I even picked up some information from the desk clerk about their sister properties and local Miami non tourist hotspots.

Room Tip: You have to get an Ocean View room....the view is to die for
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed here expecting a very nice hotel for the price. However upon check-in everything in the room was dirty and I had to go down to complain and ask them to change the sheets. Housekeeping swept the sand from the bathroom but they did not change the sheets they simply remade the bed with the same soiled sheets. I did expect more from a three or four star hotel. The location is great but I would pay a little bit more to stay in a place with a pool and a nicer room.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Svg123

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were definatly on a budget but wanted a hotel in the heart of south beach on Ocean Blvd. This was everything we needed! A decent room, AWESOME central location, GREAT service (just ask for Harold!!), comfy beds, free continental breakfast, free bikes to use, free beach chairs, what more do you want for such a great price!??!! We were a little worried about the reviews, but don't worry, this a great deal for the price! The only small thing was the bathroom needed a little remodeling but evrything else is GREAT! Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mzellydean
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were impressed with the information provided by their website. We had never been to Miami so we took the information on the website at face value. When we arrived, the valet took our vehicle and told us that hopefully the hotel we were staying at was booked so that they could send us to the “much better hotel” down the street. The lady at the front desk was very polite. When we entered our hotel room we immediately found a dead cockroach. The shower curtains were also dirty covered with black mold. We were advised that the hotel offered free breakfast so we woke up early the next morning to take advantage of this. The food was out in the open and as a result, flies were all over it. The dairy products were placed over ice that was melted (puddle of water). We quickly turned around and went to the local Starbucks instead. Needless to say, their complimentary breakfast was truly disappointing. Throughout our stay we noticed that all housekeeping was doing was coming in to make our bed and trade our dirty towels for new ones. They were not cleaning or up keeping the room in any way shape or form. One of the nights they did not even take out the trash. When we went to the front desk to request towels for the beach, I asked the lady attending the front desk what the process was. She gave me a dirty look, ignored me, and began a conversation with another lady (who I believe also worked at the hotel). After completing her conversation (which was not work related), she turned to look at me, gave me the towels, and sent me on my merry way. At checkout, the man attending the front desk was on the phone carrying a conversation. He at least had the courtesy to acknowledge me and tell me he would be right with me (unlike the lady from the previous day). I believe this hotel needs to improve their customer service, cleanliness, and overall accommodation standards. Needless to say we will NEVER return or stay with Hotel Ocean again.

Room Tip: As I stated previously, if you are looking for a cheap hotel to stay, this is the place for you! HOW...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea W
New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I do not recommend this hotel. In spite of being in the list of American Airlines's hotels, the service isn't good. I had cockroaches visiting me so, I went to speak with the concierge and he spoke with the management. Firstly, the concierge came to my room with a raid. It was increidle the solution and the management has never caled me or gave me a correc solution. I had a bad experience and never happened to me in Miami, only in this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sergioabel86
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had a great stay here! Harold at the desk upgraded our room to the Junior suite. Was not a place I would go back with my kids just because it is Miami Beach and the nightlife noise is just not for them. But as a get-away it was great!

• Stayed July 2012