“Art Deco Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Marblehead, Massachusetts
“Art Deco Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great Boutique art deco hotel. The location is perfect, walking distance to everything. You definetely don"t need a car. This hotel has a great relaxed, private feel in the middle of all the action. I've stayed here 3 times and highly reccomend it. The pools and beach are the best. The buffet breakfast could be better.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eric W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Czech first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed at this great boutique hotel in Miami Beach Fla for Memorial Day weekend 2014, I had a wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The pool is super sexy. The personnel at the hotel were very helpful and hospitality was stupendous. I am looking forward to stay here again for my next vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel in the perfect location. Stayed here for 4 days and the service was great. Pool area is extremely nice. Beach steps away! Highly recommend this hotel. The Art Deco and historic feel was great.. Rooms were nice size and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Our view of the beach was very nice. We loved that it was walking distance to Lincoln rd and ocean dr. The pool was great nice cabanas to just relax and enjoy a drink.

• Stayed May 2014
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just came back from a great 5 day stay at the National. The location was perfect, beach was right outside the hotel, Ocean drive at walking distance and our view was amazing. Service was great our concierge Richard was great! We came to him for ideas of what we could do in the Miami life. We gave him some ideas of what we had in mind and while we ate our complimentary breakfast, Richard looked up many different options of what we could do during the days we were there, including day and night options as well as a variety of food options. My best friend had a blast during our trip and had a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crystallpz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Beautiful hotel with lovely atmosphere and furnishings . Very sweet friendly staff. The pool was wonderful it was sleek and warm with a poolside bar and grill. The rooms were immaculate smelled good clean and welcoming. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and the National stands out as my new favorite.

• Stayed July 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Hotel was booked on “hot wire” and as our last experience with booking a hotel on pictures and on recommendation (Esplendor Hotel) was disastrous and I was worried, so I went to have a quick look at The National Hotel, before going on cruise. I was sold as soon as I enquired if it was possible to leave some of my luggage there (I didn’t need all of it for the cruise) as they were only too happy to keep it for me free of charge. And the hotel looked clean, upmarket and I was totally at peace with coming back from the cruise to stay there.
Wow. what an amazing place I couldn’t stop saying enough about The National Hotel and the people who took care of me.

From the luggage man, to the waiters, to the Concierge, to receptionist, to everyone I encountered I really made some amazing connections with the employees. This is what I had to say. They became my “friends” and I became theirs. The National Hotel is indeed a place I was happy to call my home away from home.
Lovely clean, nothing was too much for them. Fantastic facilities, magnificent setting, unbelievably large pools, with hammocks to sit it, cabanas to either have massages, or just to get some comfortable shade on relaxing beds. Good food, good service. To access the beach, all you have to do is walk to the end of the pool area, open a gate and walk across, the gorgeous beach is right there.
Good value for money.
I have travelled too many countries, but the National Hotel, South Miami Beach, Florida, was definitely one of my best experiences. In fact, I was puzzled as to how much they did for me and how come they treated me like a queen and it was like I had been a regular there. Furthermore, I was made to feel like Iwas their only guest, when it dawned on me that in fact, that is how they treat most of their guests (perhaps I just clicked exceptionally well with them as they really made her stay there exceptional) If it was Richard the Concierge telling me where to go and eat (stunning Cuban restaurant) and writing out the whole menu as I was to eat it, to arranging to return a dress I bought that I couldn’t get back to change, to Natalya (Concierge) going out of her way to always find time to chit chat to her (despite the fact that the hotel was busy and she was being pulled from pillar to post) Told me where to go and how to organise my sight-seeing.
Such lovely homely, down to earth people. Avi, in the restaurant, made it his business to ensure I had whatever I needed, whether it was a special tea, or a coke, or a “something” he did an excellent job of looking after me and he is an asset to the hotel, as is Danby, nick-name, “coffee man” – I was was waited on hand and foot by either himself personally, or ensured the staff took care of her. As soon as I sat down, he literally ran to get me coffee, made sure I always ate a decent breakfast and added extras here and there. What a lovely man as well.

In summing up, The National Hotel, comes truly highly recommended and when anyone we know wants to travel or we know of them travelling to Miami, we will without hesitation suggest they stay there.
Brian, Michel, Elenor, Douglas (if you want to know the weather forecast, just ask him) Sebastian, and too many more to mention, you all did a sterling job.
We will be back all of us as a family …….

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ESKMiller
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the National Hotel for three days during the latter part of May 2014. The hotel is very nice and the service was excellent. It also offered a free breakfast buffet Moreover, the hotel is on the beach and close to everything. If you want to venture to other areas of Miami Beach taxi cabs are cheap. The hotel manager was very nice and accommodating (I wish I could recall his name). The front desk clerk, Claudia, was excellent and our bellman, Armando, was more than pleasant and was a great source of information.

Room Tip: Stay in a beach front room. Nice views of the ocean. The bungalow rooms are nicer and have a small...