“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Antonio, Texas
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had been traveling and switching hotels every couple of nights, and we were delighted with The Marlin. Other reviewers mentioned the reception being on the second floor, but there was a desk in the lobby area when we were there, so none of those things were a problem. It was rare that someone wasn't at the desk. We appreciated the code to get in the building, and the front patio was lovely. We stayed for a couple of nights before flying to our next destination.

Jeff checked us in, explained the iPad functions, and gave us a great recommendation for dinner (Havana 1957 for Cuban - so delicious). He oriented us to the area, and was very cheerful, welcoming, and friendly.

Daniella helped me arrange a massage appointment, complete with calling a cab to take me there. She was VERY helpful with the whole experience and never seemed to mind. Her recommendation (The Standard) was excellent, and she gave me enough information to be prepared to access all the amenities there.

Dameon (sp?) was also very helpful and friendly. We chatted about vacation destinations, he took pictures and changed the lobby lighting for us, and he called us a cab when it was time to leave.

These three people really made the experience at the hotel great for us! They all checked back with us to make sure that things we going well and recommendations were appropriate. Additionally, the rooms were clean and a little funky. This is the only hotel we've ever stayed in with a bed as comfortable as we have at home. We slept late every day! We had no problems with any of the functions of the iPad. You could open the curtains for sunlight, or close them and establish whatever mood you wanted with music and colors from the iPad. They had programmed suggestions or you could create your own combinations. At night, the buttons for the lights are illuminated on the wall, so you just have to punch the button to bring up the lights. You can illuminate the art on the wall, if you so desire! My husband loved the television in the mirror, and I liked the neat appearance without the tv. The room safe worked without a problem. The bathroom doesn't provide much privacy, but we were fine. There was a neat rain shower feature that could be used, or not. I really liked the lavender-peppermint shampoo, etc. Beach towels and a beach bag were provided, which made it very easy to just run down to the beach, only a block away. There were tons of good restaurants in the area, some convenience stores if you need that, and an ATM in the store next door. We did not see the bar in use during our stay, but it looked nice. We almost never heard other guests, and there was little noise from outside.

We are VERY likely to book here again. (It is not a place for children or people uncomfortable with technology.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great modern hotel with some nice little touches, in a great location. But our last night was spoilt with a party being held at the end of our corridor that went on until the early hours.

Miami is full of hotels so finding one that suits you is a bit of a challenge, when we arrived at the hotel late on our first night we were greeted with a friendly receptionist. They showed us up to the room ran though the room controls on the iPad, then whisked us off to an amazing tapas place called Pub Belly for some late night food (which was amazing). We can also recommend David’s Cafe for breakfast and 11th Street Diner for dinner.

Unfortunately our last night was a little spoilt by noise from a party that was being held at the end of our corridor, we had an early flight to get the next day so didn't end up getting much sleep at all. We did complain about the noise and two apologies’ were made by the hotel staff, but nothing much was done. I know we were in Miami the party town, but if you pay to sleep in a hotel then sleep is what you should be able to get.

Apart from our last night problem, we can’t fault the hotel keep up the good work guys.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is very nice and very stylish with very good services. The location is excellent with the beach and all restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are very nice and well kept. The only negative we experienced is the noise of drunks in the middle of the night. This hotel is in the heart of South Beach on Collins Avenue. Management needs to be much more proactive with security. Several nights during out stay, we were awoken by drunk revelers. These disturbances seemed to go on a long time; management needs to do a better job of cutting off these incidents so the rest of use could sleep after 3 a.m.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
District Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner and I travel to South Beach every year and we usually stay in a hotel on Ocean and 14th. This year, we decided we were going to try something different and get away from Ocean Dr. Well I have to say, we were thoroughly impressed with the Marlin. When we arrived, we were greeted by Daniela who is AH-MAZING. Once I gave her my name, she immediately remembered me calling in to make my reservation, a month earlier. She was extremely helpful, courteous, and accommodating during our ENTIRE stay. The lobby was very nice, the furniture almost made it feel as though we were walking into a beautiful mini mansion. Once we were shown to our room, Daniela explained AND demonstrated all of the amenities of room. The blackout shades, lights (including 6 color lighting adjustment), TV, room temperature, and iPod dock is all controlled by the room's iPad. The bed was king size and PLUSH; we had no issues falling asleep. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was gorgeous. There is a rain shower head and a handheld shower head to chose from, plus the colored lighting is also in the bathroom (you haven't showered until you've showered in blue lights! LOL). We had a Studio B on the 3rd floor; it was perfect for two people (friends or a couple) but could easily accommodate 3 people total because of the spacious couch. The TV is inside a mirror, which was amazing to look at. The room is beautiful, the hotel is beautiful, and the staff is VERY good, they cleaned the room thoroughly and quickly. Our sheets, towels, and beach towels were changed every single day (which isn’t always the case in other Miami hotels). The only thing we would have changed about the hotel is, we had to request the iron and ironing board to be delivered to our room anytime we needed it. HOWEVER, they were always delivered within minutes and we were informed that the iron/iron boards would be standard in all rooms very soon. We will WITHOUT A DOUBT be back for our 2014 South Beach vacation.

Room Tip: Studio B 3rd floor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days while in Miami on business. The staff were super friendly and responsive to my questions about the area. The rooms are awesome! Nice amount of space, the bathroom shower is to die for! I loved the iPad controls and the huge TV. Bed was very comfortable. The staff ...Alex, Damien and Daniella all made great recommendations for local eating. I highly recommend this boutique hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor, no view but very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank PhillyLD
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent five fabulous nights at the Marlin and were very happy with our decision. Perfect location, just a block from what I consider to be the coolest part of South Beach. Lots of good bars nearby and the staff made some great recommendations for dinner. The rooms were great, I love the iPad controls and the funky lights. everything worked perfectly and it was remarkably spaciuous (we chose the largest room option). My only grumbles are that it is obvious this hotel is not being properly managed. At check in we were told there was no record of our reservation. Thankfully I could produce copies of confirmation emails (I had booked directly with the hotel, yet they lost my reservation)! We were luckly there just happened to be availability. Then we were double charged as I had already paid for the room when i made the initial reservation. This was not a great start to our holiday.

Also I found it disappointing that tehy advertise a restaurant and even put a menu on their website when it's obvious that restaurant has never been open and is unlikely to be in the near future. Same thing with regards to the bar. It's such as shame as it would have been good to chill downstairs by the bar before going out but the bar has never been open either.

Very cool hotel, lots of potential but definitely not there yet. Oh, make sure you go to Spiga next door if you like good Italian food - it was amazing!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I waant to mention one special employee who was amazing.His name is D Haye. He the night manager at the Marlin Hotel. @ first when i first met him he had alot of questions for me. i checked in the hotel @ 7 30 pm and he wasnt there . Me and my friends went out that first night and came back late after midnight and his shift has began. After i told him that we me and my friends staying here then he welcomed us showed us around the hotel . i didint mind all the questions he had because he has never seen me before and was doing his job i totally understood that. through out the whole trip he helped me and my friends out. He is not only professional but really nice guy. He best one to do the job he working right now.i learned some good lessons from him.

Now when we first me and my friends checke in we were welcome by Alex. He took our luggae out the car, open the door for us and checked us in. it was a verry easy and simple process. we had a rental so we asked him about parking . he gave us 3 different options. we decided to go with vallet parking which was about $32.00 per day. Only thing i didint like about that was that it takes them 15 mins to bring the car back to hotel bc they park it far. you have to gives them a heads before you want your car. the room was amazing. I loved the decor, size, specially the ipad which controlled everything in the room from blinds to lights to ac to art to mood.there room cleaning service was amazing, they did good job. every time i came back to my room it was clean and they even folded my laundry that i left on the floor. the negative was that this had no pool, no spa, no views . but i would def go back to Marlin hotel when i go back to miami next time.over all i would give this hotel 9/10.I would like to thank everyone there for welcoming me there and treating me and my friends like a vip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends