“NOT RANKED IN THE BEST 3 BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN MIAMI BEACH ????”
Review of The Marlin Hotel

The Marlin Hotel
Ranked #9 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Arlington, VA
“NOT RANKED IN THE BEST 3 BOUTIQUE HOTELS IN MIAMI BEACH ????”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

What does this boutique hotel need to do to be ranked in the best 3 of South Florida (on TripAdvisor, I might say - I am sure it is on some other travel sites but my reservation was here)?
The Marlin Hotel is absolutely one of the BEST places to enjoy a city such as Miami Beach. You want location, it is right in the center and in the middle of the action, yet quiet and comfortable as soon as you enter the key-coded security main entrance. You want sophistication, class, oh my god - AWESOME staff, you are in the right place. When I needed some relaxing time off from my travel partners (3 girlfriends), I went down to the lobby for some quiet reading time and nice music and to my surprise I was not once bothered by a staff or even a guest. Everyone I saw and met in this place was so friendly and classy and respectful. LOVED IT and recommend it to everyone. I wish I can live there. AMAZING hotel.

Room Tip: I like the feel of warmth of the sun in the morning - so for me, rooms on the south side of the hote...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I just spent a week at the Marlin. When I first walked in, first thing that caught my attention was the chandelier, then the books in the library....right away I knew this is going to be an elegant hotel. When I checked in, I was giving an iPad 2 and I thought that was pretty cool, but then when the receptionist walked me to the room and explained that my iPad controls the whole room, now that is something else, the iPad controlled the windows curtains, A/C, lights, TV (BTW the TV is behind the mirror, so when you turn the TV on, your mirror becomes a TV).

Overall, the room itself is amazing, super clean, very modern and trendy.The Hotel location is great, close to eveerything and the staff is super friendly.

Orlando
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at The Marlin with 2 friends for our friends wedding that was taking place in Miami. From the moment we walked in, we were thoroughly impressed with the hotel. The bottom floor is stunning and feels like you're in a comfortable, yet beautiful living room. We checked in, was issued our Ipad and shown to our AMAZING room! The beds were heaven and you are given ample closet space! We were so please with everything in the room and couldn't believe this was our home away from home for the weekend. At 5 p.m. each day, the bar on the bottom floor opens and the mixologist welcomes you with an impressive menu of the most delicious cocktails. Every person who works there was so kind, welcoming, and ready to help at any point. The hospitality was top notch and truly made our weekend one we will always remember. I look forward to going back to Miami and visiting our friends at The Marlin again.

1 Thank Elizabeth K
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2012

So I was planning a spontaneous trip for a long weekend to Miami with my wife. I could not find a decent hotel that weekend. Apparently some big convention or event was going on. I usually stay at the Delano, or the W Hotel but they were both fully booked. A friend of mine that leaves in Miami Beach told me to check out the Marlin Hotel. My first reaction was…I never even heard of it so I am doubt it will be good. My friend told me the Marlin is a precious secret super luxury hotel that has just been fully renovated (and completely rewired electronically) and that I should really try it. I did not have other options so I decided to do it.

We finally arrived at the Marlin and this little boutique hotel was amazing. We checked in at a private VIP style check in office. We received a brand new iPad (Yes iPad) upon check in that became our “go to” device for anything we needed in the room. This iPad controlled the A/C, lights, TV, and everything else that was electrically powered in the room. The room itself was amazing too. Super luxury. My wife and I were joking how we felt a little guilty being pampered by such luxury on our mini-vacation.

Apparently this hotel is known among celebrities and well-known musicians who come to South Beach and want to maintain some privacy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kiterunner18
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2012

If I had stayed only 3 nights I would have given this hotel the highest rating there is. The location, room, and friendly hosts were amazing. However, as described, there is a recording studio on the ground floor, with only two floors of rooms above. The problem was on my last, fourth night. We came home early for a Saturday night (midnight) as we had to catch a flight and leave the hotel by 8am the next morning. My friend and I were in a room on the second floor. At around 12:30am - RAP recording STARTED. The base beat was unbearable, the bed was actually shaking. IT DID NOT STOP UNTIL 7AM! No lie- 7 HOURS straight of rap recording- one story below where we were trying to get sleep. I don't understand why this is allowed and acceptable- its just not practical or fair for paying hotel customers. I wanted to cry but was completely helpless. I understand the appeal and edge and vibe that the studio creates, but how about studio hours? 12AM - 7AM straight??? Unreal.
If anyone feels they absolutely must stay here, I strongly recommend you request a room on the 3rd floor.. The second floor is too risky- unless you are a really really sound sleeper or just plan to be passed out each night.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank KBKB23
sao paulo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is almost the definition of Boutique. Incredible decoration, mixed with the local architecture. The rooms are very confortable, modern, trendy. I wish I had stayed longer. The lobby is also pretty cool and the service is very prompt and polite. Next time I come to Miami I'll definitly stay there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OliveiraPorto
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Excellent location, AMAZING environment and very friendly staff! Definitely the best spot to stay in South Beach! Ipad controlled high tech rooms, the TV behind the mirror, breathe taking Music Studio, running into celebrities in hotel hallways and having the best treatment from the friendly staff was fan-tas-tic!! We will pick Marlin anytime we go to Miami.. no doubt!!
Cant wait for the next visit!!

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple