“Great customer service”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Hotel Impala is perfectly located within walking distance of all the best attractions in South Beach. I'm 6 months pregnant, and had no problem walking to the beach (2 blocks east), Lincoln Road Mall (5 blocks north), Espanola Way (3 blocks north), or our favourite hole-in-the-wall Cuban coffee joint Las Olas (5 blocks south).

The entrance to the hotel is peaceful and quiet, just slightly hidden (although not difficult to find) beside the restaurant Spiga. After spending an evening out on the crowded, loud and bright Ocean Drive, it felt so nice to walk through the hotel's courtyard entrance, where it was always pleasant, quiet and and calm.

Customer service was also amazing, with an attendant sitting at the Front Desk who was always helpful with advice or directions. Roman was especially helpful in helping us find a spot for dinner one night. He showed us menus for nearby spots, made reservations for us and then just as we headed out the door, gave us a little address card for the restaurant to ensure we wouldn't get lost.

As for the room itself, I thought the bed, linens and towels were all very clean and comfortable. The room was a good size and well laid out, with a bed and two bedside tables on one end, a long table and wall-mounted TV on the other end. We also had a chair in one corner, a Nespresso machine and a small fridge. I also appreciated that the air conditioner was responsive and strong. The all-tile floor was a bit cold on bare feet in the morning, but other than that, I was very happy and comfortable in the room.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

2  Thank G M
Krystell305, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you very much for this detailed and positive review. Indeed our location is great because you can walk everywhere. And whenever you will be tempted to go a bit far from South beach, well it is always possible to take a taxi as they are so many on Collins and Washington Avenue.
I enjoy reading comments retracing our guests’ first steps in our courtyard. It looks and feels very different from the Ocean drive atmosphere even though we are just one block away. Your comment about our hidden entrance: “(although not difficult to find)”, made me smile as we are used to hearing that our entrance is really hard to find.
I’m very happy to read your excellent comments on my staff and that you like the room and its furniture. Roman was very happy to help you finding restaurants, and we have plenty others tips to share with you for your next stay, so don’t hesitate to visit us again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel. We stayed at room 103. The air conditioner was a bit loud, otherwise it was a great small hotel. The continental breakfast they offered is also exceptional. Home made croissant and chocolate danish heated up for you.

I got waken up multiple times one night out of the 3 that we stayed there. We heard music noise and people talking on the street from a club nearby. I spoke to the front desk and they offered to send the compliance team over. Great service!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Cherry C

I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. The owner of the hotel being French, we are definitely picky concerning the taste of our croissants! And now that the summer is over, it is much more enjoyable to eat outside so we kindly invite our guests to experience our breakfast in our patio.
As for the issue with the noise coming from the night clubs, I’m glad to read that our team managed the problem with efficiency. Even if our hotel is spared from all the noise coming from Ocean drive and even Collins avenue, there are times when it is hard to control the noise especially if a major event is taking place.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review on tripadvisor.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

After all the reviews we settled on this quaint little hotel, I'm so glad we did. The 24 hour service at the front desk by Roman and the others was courteous and professional. The hotel is off to the side of Spiga (another 5 star rating) underneath the lighted archway and through the security gate. The hotel is old and therefore don't look for modernism. But this old building isn't without it's charm. The doors the creak when being opened or the old wood style doors doesn't nothing but add to the overall charm. I would suggest staying off the main hallway during the weekends, when it's most busy. The hallway traffic is a little noisy going into their rooms at 2-3am. (this is the only reason I rated 4 stars) They do have suites I believe that are away from the main hallway and on weekends if you want to sleep this is a must. More importantly is how close you are to everything in So. Beach. We walked everywhere from here and when it was a little more the rental bike station is right on the corner. I think it would close to impossible to find a 5 star property with this great of a location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East wing are separated from the main hall therefore you won't hear traffic coming...
1  Thank dan_cfm

Thank you very much, it is very rewarding to read comments such as yours! I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite some noise in the hallways. We want all our guests to be happy which is why we strongly encourage those who are more sensitive to noise to inform us in advance and we will make sure to place them in the most quiet area of the hotel!
Thank you again, we hope to see you soon on another occasion!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Miami and I wanted to find a hotel that didn't have a party atmosphere as this was a trip for our Anniversary. I found the perfect hotel! We arrived early and wanted to check our bags but they were able to get us into a room. This was helpful as we were coming off of a red-eye flight and our time was off with the time change. We got a room that was in the back of the hotel, room 202. The Front Desk Girl walked us to the Room and showed us around it. That was a great, personal touch. The room was spacious and comfortable! It felt like we were in a Suite apartment. The Bed was comfortable and huge! The only thing about the room I would have wanted was carpet or a section of carpet as it is all tile. The shower is amazing, I enjoyed the Rainforest Shower-head! There was a Fridge, and Espresso Machine in the room, and shelves in the closet. The bathrobes were great and they had a beach bag and towels, which was perfect! The walk to the beach is only 2 short blocks. The Staff was friendly and always accommodating! This will be the only place we stay when we return to South Beach!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback. As you mentioned, we are not a party hotel, and do our best to remain as quiet as possible while being located in the heart of South Beach. Thank you for this great feedback! We hope to welcome you soon in our haven of peace!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel, located in the heart of everything you need in south beach is absolutely Devine. I can't fault it. The room was so spacious, with a beautiful rain water shower head and stunning bed, perfect night sleep.

It's one block away from the beach, there is a cute little beach bag to use when going to the beach. The reception staff were absolutely amazing. They were so warm, welcoming and knowledgable. They recommended a few places for dinner and they were spectacular, without being overpriced. I prefer to stay in unique hotels as apposed to staying in chains, and if this is you too then this hotel is for you. The location is absolutely perfect. You're in for a treat.

Thank you team at impala, I hope to stay with you again soon. Well done on your wonderful property and warm hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

"Wow!" is the only response that comes to my mind after reading such a wonderful review! I am of course delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay, but I am also incredibly thankful for having so many wonderful guests who remind us everyday why we are in the hospitality industry! Again, thank you for sharing this heartwarming review, I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Miami Beach!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I work often in Miami and was so happy to find this little gem in the heart of Collins Avenue and South Miami Beach. I got in late and there were a few issues with parking (Valet had left for the night) but they took immediate care of it with one phone call and it was all solved. Room was spacious and best of all i could make it really cold. The A/C was awesome. Bathrooms are lovely and the espresso maker was a welcome surprise. I will be sure to stay again on the rest of my trips to South Beach. What a great little place to stay and the prices are reasonable too.

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank LetaH0131
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

I am surprised to read that the valet had left for the night since it is supposed to be 24 hours valet, but I am glad it got resolved easily. We are delighted to know you found your home away from home and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed two nights at this awesome boutique hotel. The hotel was super clean and staff were the highlight of our stay. Always there for recommendations, answering questions, and saying hello.

We didnt do the breakfast here, except walked the block to Ocean for other options. The beach is super close, easy walk. This hotel is hidden away from the noise of SOBE. That was a great feature for use. We love to party, but also love some quiet time, and this hotel provided that.

Only con was no elevator. The room and service made up for it.

Glad we found this thanks to TA

Room Tip: Could be easy to miss, right next to Spiga restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this kind review! I am glad to read that you chose our hotel thanks to the reviews of our previous guests and that you were happy with your choice! Once again, reading these kinds of reviews really puts smiles on our faces and it means a lot to know we were able to live up to your standards! Thank you again!