“Snobby travelers coming back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
denver, Colorado, USA
“Snobby travelers coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I like to start my reviews by saying what me and my husband like, so the reader is not misled by a reviewer who loves a cheap motel.
We like nice things, we can't afford a five-star hotel every time or even most times, but we like nice things.
This is a GREAT hotel!!
Not only is it affordable, but it's a block away from the beach, it's quiet, the service is superb. It's unique and clean and lovely all around.

It's near the shopping you'd want in this city and right by Ocean drive, where u d want to be to eat and party.

So look no further. You've found your place to stay!

(This was not my first trip to Miami, so not my first hotel here. When we come back, this is where we're staying.)

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank denvertraveler06
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much! I am sure your review will be very helpful to many readers. Indeed it is not because we have a lot of positive reviews that our hotel will necessarily meet the expectations of everyone. It is very rewarding for my team and myself to know that we were able to live up to your high standards We constantly work on how we could extend and improve our services so I hope next time you visit us, we will surprise you again! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Castricum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

It is a fine good hotel, good value for money, good service, very helpful personnel. good quiet location. We were thefr one night and made a nice walk along ocean drive. Nice, but it seemed more for very young people.Missed: elevator.

Breakfast was OK. In all it was a nice place to start our US trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. Indeed we don’t have an elevator. If you were to come back, please do not hesitate to request a room on the 1st floor!
Overall I am glad to read that your night at the Impala hotel was a good start for your US trip, and I hope that you enjoyed (or you are still enjoying) every minute of it!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My stay at the Impala Hotel was absolutely amazing. First, the charm of the place with a "south of France" positively surprised. The location in the heart of Miami allowed to avoid renting a car and the room are spacious, very well decorated and equiped.
The team was very nice and professional and the General Manager always available to assist us in finding the right place to go (restaurant, transportation, parks).
I really recommend the place and will for sure go back in my next trip

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Our boutique hotel is indeed designed to give our guests a feel of the Mediterranean in a "South of France" ambiance. I am delighted to read that it surprised you positively and sincerely appreciate your kind comments and hope to welcome you again very soon! Merci!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't know why this hotel has so many great reviews, or why this hotel is all the rage? ITS BORING. The furniture is old, the rooms are TINY, no windows anywhere, and no pool. Not worth the money if you ask me. Okay stay, but not returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank kmbxoxo
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am truly sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations.
I would like to point out that the hotel has been fully renovated in March 2012 and all the furniture is brand new. The hotel has been redesigned in a Mediterranean Revival style and features many elements inspired by the Italian Renaissance, which could indeed be perceived as "old-fashioned" by guests who would prefer a more modern style.
The fact that we are a very quiet hotel yet located in the center of the action is the main reason why guests choose us as they really feel like they are in the privacy of their own home, and I am very sorry that this was not what you were expecting nor looking for.
I do hope that for your next visit in South Beach you will find a Hotel that will meet your expectations… Thank you again for your feedback!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel was really cute. The entrance was on the side of the building and there is a cozy and beautiful seating area. There is also a great italian restaurant in the hotel. The lobby is small, but it is decorated very nicely.

The rooms are great, but a bit small. We were told that we were going to get one of their biggest rooms, being we had our english bulldog with us. It was a lot smaller than we thought it would be. The beds are comfortable and big. The bathrooms are nice, too. There is a fridge, television, and microwave. Overall, we loved it. It was in wonderful location close to everything. It was quiet and cozy. The people that worked the front desk were also amazingly sweet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I might be repeating myself but I think it is important to emphasize how proud I am to read so many compliments on my staff each day!
I’m sorry if the size of your room did not match your expectations. We do our very best to give larger rooms to our guests travelling with dogs but we cannot always guarantee it. If I may take this opportunity to inform our future guests as well, we strongly encourage that you inform us ahead of time if you will be travelling with a pet and also of his/her size. Even though we cannot guarantee that a larger room will be available, being aware of that information in advance allows us to better anticipate your needs!
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently remodeled, very nice decor. We were very impressed with the hotel staff, very personable and accomadating. This was our third trip to South Beach and the accomadations have improved each trip. This was even a step up from Villa Italia. This definitely beats the large, impersonal hotels on South Beach. Centrally located on busy Collins Ave. The area is busy but the hotel was quiet. Room 105 can be noisy as it is right off the lobby, but they moved us to room 101 which was fantastic

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, do not select 105.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mxdcouple
Thank you for your review! Room 105 can indeed be noisy as it is our wheelchair accessible room and is therefore closer to the lobby before any stair access. Even though it is a very nice and spacious room, we understand that our guests may prefer a room further away and try as much as possible to honor this but in some circumstances we do not have a choice. Nevertheless, I am glad that you were able to receive an upgrade for your second night and enjoyed staying in our double bedroom.
It is very rewarding for all of us to read that after 3 trips in Miami staying in different hotels, you left our hotel with such positive feelings. We take great pride in being more a home than a hotel to our guests, and could not be happier to count you as part of the Impala family!
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that for your 4th trip in Miami Beach, you will stay with us again!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after 5 weeks of travelling in South America and it gave me the luxury and comfort I needed after the hectic time.

I love Miami and am someone who travels alot for holiday. We've usually stay in Miami Beach as we prefer to stay in quieter areas for sleep time. As I was travelling alone on this trip I wanted to stay somewhere in South Beach to avoid having to keep getting the bus to SoBe. I chose Impala after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. And I was not disappointed one bit!! It gives you an amazing central location, close to fast food and restaurants, beach a block away and close to Lincoln road too as well as clubs. The best part is that somehow the rooms are quiet enough to give you a peaceful nights sleep.

I thought the price was reasonable for its location in SoBe and I also got a discount for booking early.

My first impression was already great even before I arrived. I emailed the hotel and asked whether I could have an early check in as I was travelling on an overnight flight from Rio and was actually quite sick. Received a reply the same day saying although a room was not available that night they would clean as soon as my allocated room was empty. On arriving to the hotel at 8am they were already expecting me and promised the room would be ready as early as possible. And they meant it! I will forever be grateful to the amazing staff who sorted that out for me as I needed a bed to rest ASAP badly and they organised for me to have the room early.

The room-WOW. Bed-big, soft and comfy comfy comfy!! Slept like a baby every night. They give you a proper duvet which is great for when the AC is on at night. Bathrooms so cute and loved the rainshower. The toiletries were luxurious and smelled lovely! Fridge in the room that was useful. Coffee espresso machine is a bonus. There wasn't much cupboard space but I wasn't bothered! Lots of room for luggage so took things out when needed. Rooms cleaned daily. My room was on the second floor two doors away from where the stairs were and all I heard was silence! I don't know how many guests there were staying at the time but I really appreciated the peace and quiet when sleeping.

I ate at the Italian attached to the hotel once and it was pricey-but what you expect to pay in SoBe so no complaints from me. They did gluten free pasta and dishes so nice surprise for me having Coeliac.

The hotel supplies you with beach towels which is great too.

The staff are lovely and amazing. They checked before sending up a friend of mine to the room so I appreciated the security. (The hotel also has a buzzer system for late night so nice too.) I know my way around Miami so I'm afraid I didn't pester them for any tips and tours advice but am sure they would be great! On my first day the gentleman carried my bags up the stairs for me and I could have hugged him for doing that with how sick I felt so thank you for doing that! (I can't remember his name unfortunately.)

I read somewhere in a previous review someone mentioned the AC was noisy. Just as a random note I found it very soothing as it has a watery filtering sound!

Overall I loved this place. The only thing that dragged me out of my luxurious room was the Miami heat and sun. I'll definitely be staying here next time I am in Miami!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I would like to thank you for your many valuable insights and for sharing your experience in such a detailed and kind way. There is not much left for me to say after reading such a heartwarming review besides thank you on behalf of every team member at the Impala!