“WHATS THE BIG DEAL?”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #14 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't know why this hotel has so many great reviews, or why this hotel is all the rage? ITS BORING. The furniture is old, the rooms are TINY, no windows anywhere, and no pool. Not worth the money if you ask me. Okay stay, but not returning.

2  Thank kmbxoxo
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am truly sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations.
I would like to point out that the hotel has been fully renovated in March 2012 and all the furniture is brand new. The hotel has been redesigned in a Mediterranean Revival style and features many elements inspired by the Italian Renaissance, which could indeed be perceived as "old-fashioned" by guests who would prefer a more modern style.
The fact that we are a very quiet hotel yet located in the center of the action is the main reason why guests choose us as they really feel like they are in the privacy of their own home, and I am very sorry that this was not what you were expecting nor looking for.
I do hope that for your next visit in South Beach you will find a Hotel that will meet your expectations… Thank you again for your feedback!

There are newer reviews for Impala Hotel

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel was really cute. The entrance was on the side of the building and there is a cozy and beautiful seating area. There is also a great italian restaurant in the hotel. The lobby is small, but it is decorated very nicely.

The rooms are great, but a bit small. We were told that we were going to get one of their biggest rooms, being we had our english bulldog with us. It was a lot smaller than we thought it would be. The beds are comfortable and big. The bathrooms are nice, too. There is a fridge, television, and microwave. Overall, we loved it. It was in wonderful location close to everything. It was quiet and cozy. The people that worked the front desk were also amazingly sweet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I might be repeating myself but I think it is important to emphasize how proud I am to read so many compliments on my staff each day!
I’m sorry if the size of your room did not match your expectations. We do our very best to give larger rooms to our guests travelling with dogs but we cannot always guarantee it. If I may take this opportunity to inform our future guests as well, we strongly encourage that you inform us ahead of time if you will be travelling with a pet and also of his/her size. Even though we cannot guarantee that a larger room will be available, being aware of that information in advance allows us to better anticipate your needs!
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently remodeled, very nice decor. We were very impressed with the hotel staff, very personable and accomadating. This was our third trip to South Beach and the accomadations have improved each trip. This was even a step up from Villa Italia. This definitely beats the large, impersonal hotels on South Beach. Centrally located on busy Collins Ave. The area is busy but the hotel was quiet. Room 105 can be noisy as it is right off the lobby, but they moved us to room 101 which was fantastic

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, do not select 105.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mxdcouple

Thank you for your review! Room 105 can indeed be noisy as it is our wheelchair accessible room and is therefore closer to the lobby before any stair access. Even though it is a very nice and spacious room, we understand that our guests may prefer a room further away and try as much as possible to honor this but in some circumstances we do not have a choice. Nevertheless, I am glad that you were able to receive an upgrade for your second night and enjoyed staying in our double bedroom.
It is very rewarding for all of us to read that after 3 trips in Miami staying in different hotels, you left our hotel with such positive feelings. We take great pride in being more a home than a hotel to our guests, and could not be happier to count you as part of the Impala family!
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that for your 4th trip in Miami Beach, you will stay with us again!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after 5 weeks of travelling in South America and it gave me the luxury and comfort I needed after the hectic time.

I love Miami and am someone who travels alot for holiday. We've usually stay in Miami Beach as we prefer to stay in quieter areas for sleep time. As I was travelling alone on this trip I wanted to stay somewhere in South Beach to avoid having to keep getting the bus to SoBe. I chose Impala after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. And I was not disappointed one bit!! It gives you an amazing central location, close to fast food and restaurants, beach a block away and close to Lincoln road too as well as clubs. The best part is that somehow the rooms are quiet enough to give you a peaceful nights sleep.

I thought the price was reasonable for its location in SoBe and I also got a discount for booking early.

My first impression was already great even before I arrived. I emailed the hotel and asked whether I could have an early check in as I was travelling on an overnight flight from Rio and was actually quite sick. Received a reply the same day saying although a room was not available that night they would clean as soon as my allocated room was empty. On arriving to the hotel at 8am they were already expecting me and promised the room would be ready as early as possible. And they meant it! I will forever be grateful to the amazing staff who sorted that out for me as I needed a bed to rest ASAP badly and they organised for me to have the room early.

The room-WOW. Bed-big, soft and comfy comfy comfy!! Slept like a baby every night. They give you a proper duvet which is great for when the AC is on at night. Bathrooms so cute and loved the rainshower. The toiletries were luxurious and smelled lovely! Fridge in the room that was useful. Coffee espresso machine is a bonus. There wasn't much cupboard space but I wasn't bothered! Lots of room for luggage so took things out when needed. Rooms cleaned daily. My room was on the second floor two doors away from where the stairs were and all I heard was silence! I don't know how many guests there were staying at the time but I really appreciated the peace and quiet when sleeping.

I ate at the Italian attached to the hotel once and it was pricey-but what you expect to pay in SoBe so no complaints from me. They did gluten free pasta and dishes so nice surprise for me having Coeliac.

The hotel supplies you with beach towels which is great too.

The staff are lovely and amazing. They checked before sending up a friend of mine to the room so I appreciated the security. (The hotel also has a buzzer system for late night so nice too.) I know my way around Miami so I'm afraid I didn't pester them for any tips and tours advice but am sure they would be great! On my first day the gentleman carried my bags up the stairs for me and I could have hugged him for doing that with how sick I felt so thank you for doing that! (I can't remember his name unfortunately.)

I read somewhere in a previous review someone mentioned the AC was noisy. Just as a random note I found it very soothing as it has a watery filtering sound!

Overall I loved this place. The only thing that dragged me out of my luxurious room was the Miami heat and sun. I'll definitely be staying here next time I am in Miami!

• Stayed: July 2013

I would like to thank you for your many valuable insights and for sharing your experience in such a detailed and kind way. There is not much left for me to say after reading such a heartwarming review besides thank you on behalf of every team member at the Impala!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a couple of days in SoBe Miami and picked this hotel, and we are glad that we did. We got upgraded, so not sure what the other rooms looked like. But ours was spacious with a wonderful bathroom. We were set back from the street, so it was quiet, altho a light in the alleyway next to the window cast light into the room all night. Not a real bother at all, given the great service and location. Far enough from the craziness of Ocean Ave but close enough to walk to it (and from it in the wee hours of the morning!). They also provided free beach towels!

The only thing missing was a bidet....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for posting this perfect review! Everything you experienced and appreciated is exactly how we want our guests to feel during their stay with us so your review could not make us happier! Thank you again. We will consider the bidet addition for our next renovations!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

very nice and clean little hotel. i liked the location of the hotel its right in the middle of all the South Beach action but its not very noisy, my boyfriend and i were able to get a good night sleep and get ready for the next day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to enjoy the tranquility of our hotel. Feeling rested after a good night sleep is important especially in Miami when when the next day is filled with all the great activities the city has to offer! We hope to have the pleasure to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for only one night. I stayed in room 101 down stairs to the left. not very noisey. The hotel is a bit pricey It was $303.00 but with the taxes and parking it came out to $359.00 thats alot for a hotel that doesnt even offer free breakfast. No pool, no room service, no amenities for the price the beds are very comfortable and the hotel is conviently off of collins ave away from all the South beach noise and traffic. The bathrooms are lovely and very modern but beware MOSQUITOS will come under your door for there is no barrier!! I counted 10 bites from one evening. The hotel staff was very polite. The nespresso machine did not work. I feel the overall stay was nice however it was not worth $359.00

1  Thank starr2348
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am very sorry to read that, despite the good rating you gave us, your experience at the Impala did not live up to your expectations. Did you mention your fight against mosquitoes to one of our team members? South Florida being such a humid region, we offer spray and anti-mosquitoes wipes for our guests! Please do not hesitate to ask next time! We do appreciate your taking the time to post this review and hope to have a second chance to make a much better impression on another occasion!