“Amazing, loved it and this is where I will stay in Miami from now on!”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here after 5 weeks of travelling in South America and it gave me the luxury and comfort I needed after the hectic time.

I love Miami and am someone who travels alot for holiday. We've usually stay in Miami Beach as we prefer to stay in quieter areas for sleep time. As I was travelling alone on this trip I wanted to stay somewhere in South Beach to avoid having to keep getting the bus to SoBe. I chose Impala after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. And I was not disappointed one bit!! It gives you an amazing central location, close to fast food and restaurants, beach a block away and close to Lincoln road too as well as clubs. The best part is that somehow the rooms are quiet enough to give you a peaceful nights sleep.

I thought the price was reasonable for its location in SoBe and I also got a discount for booking early.

My first impression was already great even before I arrived. I emailed the hotel and asked whether I could have an early check in as I was travelling on an overnight flight from Rio and was actually quite sick. Received a reply the same day saying although a room was not available that night they would clean as soon as my allocated room was empty. On arriving to the hotel at 8am they were already expecting me and promised the room would be ready as early as possible. And they meant it! I will forever be grateful to the amazing staff who sorted that out for me as I needed a bed to rest ASAP badly and they organised for me to have the room early.

The room-WOW. Bed-big, soft and comfy comfy comfy!! Slept like a baby every night. They give you a proper duvet which is great for when the AC is on at night. Bathrooms so cute and loved the rainshower. The toiletries were luxurious and smelled lovely! Fridge in the room that was useful. Coffee espresso machine is a bonus. There wasn't much cupboard space but I wasn't bothered! Lots of room for luggage so took things out when needed. Rooms cleaned daily. My room was on the second floor two doors away from where the stairs were and all I heard was silence! I don't know how many guests there were staying at the time but I really appreciated the peace and quiet when sleeping.

I ate at the Italian attached to the hotel once and it was pricey-but what you expect to pay in SoBe so no complaints from me. They did gluten free pasta and dishes so nice surprise for me having Coeliac.

The hotel supplies you with beach towels which is great too.

The staff are lovely and amazing. They checked before sending up a friend of mine to the room so I appreciated the security. (The hotel also has a buzzer system for late night so nice too.) I know my way around Miami so I'm afraid I didn't pester them for any tips and tours advice but am sure they would be great! On my first day the gentleman carried my bags up the stairs for me and I could have hugged him for doing that with how sick I felt so thank you for doing that! (I can't remember his name unfortunately.)

I read somewhere in a previous review someone mentioned the AC was noisy. Just as a random note I found it very soothing as it has a watery filtering sound!

Overall I loved this place. The only thing that dragged me out of my luxurious room was the Miami heat and sun. I'll definitely be staying here next time I am in Miami!

• Stayed: July 2013
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I would like to thank you for your many valuable insights and for sharing your experience in such a detailed and kind way. There is not much left for me to say after reading such a heartwarming review besides thank you on behalf of every team member at the Impala!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a couple of days in SoBe Miami and picked this hotel, and we are glad that we did. We got upgraded, so not sure what the other rooms looked like. But ours was spacious with a wonderful bathroom. We were set back from the street, so it was quiet, altho a light in the alleyway next to the window cast light into the room all night. Not a real bother at all, given the great service and location. Far enough from the craziness of Ocean Ave but close enough to walk to it (and from it in the wee hours of the morning!). They also provided free beach towels!

The only thing missing was a bidet....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for posting this perfect review! Everything you experienced and appreciated is exactly how we want our guests to feel during their stay with us so your review could not make us happier! Thank you again. We will consider the bidet addition for our next renovations!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

very nice and clean little hotel. i liked the location of the hotel its right in the middle of all the South Beach action but its not very noisy, my boyfriend and i were able to get a good night sleep and get ready for the next day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to enjoy the tranquility of our hotel. Feeling rested after a good night sleep is important especially in Miami when when the next day is filled with all the great activities the city has to offer! We hope to have the pleasure to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for only one night. I stayed in room 101 down stairs to the left. not very noisey. The hotel is a bit pricey It was $303.00 but with the taxes and parking it came out to $359.00 thats alot for a hotel that doesnt even offer free breakfast. No pool, no room service, no amenities for the price the beds are very comfortable and the hotel is conviently off of collins ave away from all the South beach noise and traffic. The bathrooms are lovely and very modern but beware MOSQUITOS will come under your door for there is no barrier!! I counted 10 bites from one evening. The hotel staff was very polite. The nespresso machine did not work. I feel the overall stay was nice however it was not worth $359.00

1  Thank starr2348
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am very sorry to read that, despite the good rating you gave us, your experience at the Impala did not live up to your expectations. Did you mention your fight against mosquitoes to one of our team members? South Florida being such a humid region, we offer spray and anti-mosquitoes wipes for our guests! Please do not hesitate to ask next time! We do appreciate your taking the time to post this review and hope to have a second chance to make a much better impression on another occasion!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Impala over a 4-day weekend and enjoyed every minute. The staff was great. They assisted us with food and entertainment recommendations and we were not disappointed. The hotel in in the middle of South Beach action but is very quiet and tucked behind a great Italian restaurant. Our room was a king deluxe and was spacious, clean and decorated nicely. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in South Beach.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor next to the stairs. It was a bit noisy in the early morning hours...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad you were well advised by our team and that you enjoyed your stay as well as the recommendations we gave you! Just for your information, we are actually in the process of enhancing our Concierge services and we should be able to truly anticipate our guests needs according to their specific needs and expectations and take personalized service to a whole new level very soon! Hopefully you will come back and try this new service we are all very excited about!
Thank you again for posting such a great review!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a wonderful little hotel! Arriving at the Impala was a pleasure. The minute you walk down the small tastefully decorated alleyway which leads you to the reception, you know you are going to enjoy your stay.

Reception staff are stunning! Always friendly, ready to give advice and help where ever needed. There is no lift but, if you can walk, you can climb the few stairs up to the 2nd floor which is where our room was. The bed is firm and ensures a comfortable nights sleep. I would have preferred more pillows although I never asked and I am sure I would have been given if I had asked. The room is spacious enough and there is plenty of space for your luggage. There is a mini fridge and a bonus is the Nespresso Pod machine to help with the wake up in the morning.

The bathroom has a shower, no bath - perfect for holidaying. It's a large shower and was always a welcome treat after spending the day in the sun.

Some suggestions - the Aircon can be a bit noisy, perhaps report it as soon as you check in if it is a problem for you. There is a continental breakfast available at $9.00, it would be nice if that was part of the rate upfront.

Location is superb! You will battle to get better. You are a block away from the beach and Ocean drive (which can be incredibly noisy).

Would I stay here again....Absolutely!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FushSA

It is very pleasant to know that you had a good very first impression upon arrival, and even more pleasant to know it turned out to be true and we lived up to your expectations!
Regarding the extra pillows, indeed we would have been more than happy to provide them for you so please the next time you stay with us, do not hesitate! Thank you for your advice concerning the AC, it is a bit loud in some rooms only and I am sure our future guests will appreciate the heads up. Anyone who has been in Miami long enough doesn't even hear it anymore as we are so used to it but we will be more than happy to make arrangements for our more noise-sensitive guests!
Thank you from the entire Impala team and myself for this very constructive feedback, it is always very rewarding for all of us to read not only positive reviews, but with a honest feedback.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Impala from July 4th - July 9th and we couldn't speak more highly of the staff, rooms, and location! Christelle, Maggie, and the entire staff were very welcoming and accomodating. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time not just at their hotel, but in Miami in general. The rooms are very clean, spacious and well-furnished -- comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, beautiful finishes, and upscale bathroom (the shower is amazing!) They also have someone at the front desk 24/7 which was very nice. As for location, the hotel is just a block from Ocean Drive and a short walk to Lincoln Road Mall. We would absolutely stay here again! Thanks Hotel Impala!

1  Thank RachelD101

I’m very glad to read that you had a great stay in our hotel, and that the recommendations and tips about Miami that my team and I gave you have been useful and help you enjoy the city. Being a small boutique hotel allows us to give our guests a more personalized service really based on their needs and expectations and we are glad to see that we have succeeded! Maggie and the rest of the team thank you again for posting such kind comments and we hope to welcome you again very soon!