New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #17 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful little hotel! Arriving at the Impala was a pleasure. The minute you walk down the small tastefully decorated alleyway which leads you to the reception, you know you are going to enjoy your stay.

Reception staff are stunning! Always friendly, ready to give advice and help where ever needed. There is no lift but, if you can walk, you can climb the few stairs up to the 2nd floor which is where our room was. The bed is firm and ensures a comfortable nights sleep. I would have preferred more pillows although I never asked and I am sure I would have been given if I had asked. The room is spacious enough and there is plenty of space for your luggage. There is a mini fridge and a bonus is the Nespresso Pod machine to help with the wake up in the morning.

The bathroom has a shower, no bath - perfect for holidaying. It's a large shower and was always a welcome treat after spending the day in the sun.

Some suggestions - the Aircon can be a bit noisy, perhaps report it as soon as you check in if it is a problem for you. There is a continental breakfast available at $9.00, it would be nice if that was part of the rate upfront.

Location is superb! You will battle to get better. You are a block away from the beach and Ocean drive (which can be incredibly noisy).

Would I stay here again....Absolutely!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FushSA
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It is very pleasant to know that you had a good very first impression upon arrival, and even more pleasant to know it turned out to be true and we lived up to your expectations!
Regarding the extra pillows, indeed we would have been more than happy to provide them for you so please the next time you stay with us, do not hesitate! Thank you for your advice concerning the AC, it is a bit loud in some rooms only and I am sure our future guests will appreciate the heads up. Anyone who has been in Miami long enough doesn't even hear it anymore as we are so used to it but we will be more than happy to make arrangements for our more noise-sensitive guests!
Thank you from the entire Impala team and myself for this very constructive feedback, it is always very rewarding for all of us to read not only positive reviews, but with a honest feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Impala from July 4th - July 9th and we couldn't speak more highly of the staff, rooms, and location! Christelle, Maggie, and the entire staff were very welcoming and accomodating. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time not just at their hotel, but in Miami in general. The rooms are very clean, spacious and well-furnished -- comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, beautiful finishes, and upscale bathroom (the shower is amazing!) They also have someone at the front desk 24/7 which was very nice. As for location, the hotel is just a block from Ocean Drive and a short walk to Lincoln Road Mall. We would absolutely stay here again! Thanks Hotel Impala!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RachelD101
I’m very glad to read that you had a great stay in our hotel, and that the recommendations and tips about Miami that my team and I gave you have been useful and help you enjoy the city. Being a small boutique hotel allows us to give our guests a more personalized service really based on their needs and expectations and we are glad to see that we have succeeded! Maggie and the rest of the team thank you again for posting such kind comments and we hope to welcome you again very soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is difficult to find a good hotel in South Beach that is in great condition and at a reasonable price. I stayed at the hotel with a friend and we both agreed that the true gem of the hotel is its incredibly helpful staff. Especially Mud who went above and beyond any service we have ever received by offering to take our luggage up the stairs, giving us helpful reviews about the best eats in the area, quietest beaches, etc.

The hotel itself is beautiful. I loved our room. Everything was in great condition and seemed newly renovated. The washroom was large, clean and comfortable. The room had a docking station for my iPhone, a Nespresso machine, safe, bathrobes, fridge, etc. The only downside is that if you have noisy neighbours, you might hear them from your room as they get settled late at night or early in the morning but then I can be picky about noise.

There was a small outdoor patio between the outdoor entrance to the hotel's premises and the lobby. I loved sitting down there after a long day of beach, sand and surf. Just beware of the mosquitoes.

Room Tip: There was a room that had a balcony facing Collins Ave. I did not stay in this room but you could s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank J M
Being qualified as “an oasis” in the heart of South Beach is not only rewarding but also very touching, and I am truly delighted to know that you felt this way about our Hotel.
In the hospitality Industry, there is one major key word: “People”. And the fact that you refer to my staff as a true gem proves me that my team carries the right values which makes me proud of them. I hope that we will have the pleasure to have you again in our hotel and we will make sure that your neighbors are quiet this time! On behalf of Maud and of the rest of the team, thank you for such nice heartwarming comments.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband, two kids, and I stayed at the Impala Hotel over the July 4th holiday, it was beautiful. The entry way is in a courtyard reminiscent of Italy. We were welcomed by the couple who seems to either own or manage the hotel. They were lovely. Our room was charming, The bathroom was super luxurious with very upscale fixtures. They have a lovely restaurant. We had a continental breakfast on one of our mornings there, Fruit salad, croissants, juice and coffee were served for $10 each. Service was pleasant. We were very pleased with our stay there!! This was an excellent location from which to explore South Beach, which was a BLAST!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
I’m so glad that you and your family had a great time in our hotel. I always greatly appreciate positive comments on our bathroom as we renovated them not so long ago and worked on every details before agreeing on the final design. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast too and hope hat you enjoyed our amazing croissant because these were not that easy to find on the beach, take it from a French person! If you were to come back in Miami Beach, I hope you will choose to stay with us again! Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a quant and unique beautiful hotel in miami beach- one block from beach.
Crystal at the front desk is the friendliest and nicest person ever! she will help you with anything you need within or outside of the hotel. Helped me with a problem I had booking in miami and she also hooked me up with great parking and car rental deals and ideas. she even helped me with bug spray from mosquitos. great european french style boutique hotel. hard to find anywhere especially in miami.
the hotel is just like a mediteranian boutique hotel in france or italy.
Crystal should own the place- she is such a gem- thank you!!!

Room Tip: talk to crystal
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I cannot begin to express how much your words mean to me and I apologize for not responding sooner to your extremely kind review! I am speechless (and blushing a little too!)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such a positive way! I am glad I was able to help, and I can say with confidence that any other staff member would have done the same. Being such a small boutique hotel allows to go the extra mile for our guests....and we actually enjoy doing it as it is you and all our wonderful guests that keep the Impala family alive!
Thank you again!
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for four nights from 15th to 19th June. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Maggie at front desk and another French girl at front desk, whose name we did not catch. Great location, 2 mins walk from the beach on Ocean Drive. Clean rooms. The only criticism I would have is the shortage of towels (we were told on our first day that there were no spare room towels), especially considering the climate and the fact that more than one shower per day might be necessary. However complimentary beach towels were provided, which was very helpful. Would recommend this hotel for couples and families however there is no elevator (but only one flight of stairs) so not ideal for anyone with limited mobility.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am sorry to read that we couldn't provide you extra towels. Thank you for mentioning it, I will communicate to my team to make sure that does not happen again.
Being a boutique hotel in an Art Deco Building has its downside, indeed we don’t have an elevator but the staff always does its best to help guests to carry their luggage for guests located on the 2nd floor. For guests with limited mobility we do suggest letting us know ahead of time as we do have rooms on the main floor including one accessible room that does not require staires access. Maggie and Maud, the other “French girl” join me to thank you for your positive review, and all of us hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel soon!
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel is very well located, near to the beach and all of Miami Beach nightlife.

Clean hotel, friendly staff. The downside was the fact that I stayed on the top floor, and they had no elevator, so I had to carry my luggage taking the stairs. Anyway, staff was friendly and helped me on that! One small thing I didn't like: the pillows are too large! But this is nothing when you consider the room as a whole.

If you are worried about allergies to dust, mold or cigarrete smoke, no problem in this hotel.

When going back to Miami Beach, I'll stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carlos X
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you! Indeed when you are a small hotel everybody becomes a bellman and we are happy to help as much as we can! And you are absolutely right about allergic guests...our entire bedding is hypoallergenic and I am glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you again!