“Staff as charming as the room itself!”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #16 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Impala from July 4th - July 9th and we couldn't speak more highly of the staff, rooms, and location! Christelle, Maggie, and the entire staff were very welcoming and accomodating. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time not just at their hotel, but in Miami in general. The rooms are very clean, spacious and well-furnished -- comfortable bed, plenty of storage space, beautiful finishes, and upscale bathroom (the shower is amazing!) They also have someone at the front desk 24/7 which was very nice. As for location, the hotel is just a block from Ocean Drive and a short walk to Lincoln Road Mall. We would absolutely stay here again! Thanks Hotel Impala!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RachelD101
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I’m very glad to read that you had a great stay in our hotel, and that the recommendations and tips about Miami that my team and I gave you have been useful and help you enjoy the city. Being a small boutique hotel allows us to give our guests a more personalized service really based on their needs and expectations and we are glad to see that we have succeeded! Maggie and the rest of the team thank you again for posting such kind comments and we hope to welcome you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Impala Hotel

Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is difficult to find a good hotel in South Beach that is in great condition and at a reasonable price. I stayed at the hotel with a friend and we both agreed that the true gem of the hotel is its incredibly helpful staff. Especially Mud who went above and beyond any service we have ever received by offering to take our luggage up the stairs, giving us helpful reviews about the best eats in the area, quietest beaches, etc.

The hotel itself is beautiful. I loved our room. Everything was in great condition and seemed newly renovated. The washroom was large, clean and comfortable. The room had a docking station for my iPhone, a Nespresso machine, safe, bathrobes, fridge, etc. The only downside is that if you have noisy neighbours, you might hear them from your room as they get settled late at night or early in the morning but then I can be picky about noise.

There was a small outdoor patio between the outdoor entrance to the hotel's premises and the lobby. I loved sitting down there after a long day of beach, sand and surf. Just beware of the mosquitoes.

Room Tip: There was a room that had a balcony facing Collins Ave. I did not stay in this room but you could s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J M

Being qualified as “an oasis” in the heart of South Beach is not only rewarding but also very touching, and I am truly delighted to know that you felt this way about our Hotel.
In the hospitality Industry, there is one major key word: “People”. And the fact that you refer to my staff as a true gem proves me that my team carries the right values which makes me proud of them. I hope that we will have the pleasure to have you again in our hotel and we will make sure that your neighbors are quiet this time! On behalf of Maud and of the rest of the team, thank you for such nice heartwarming comments.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband, two kids, and I stayed at the Impala Hotel over the July 4th holiday, it was beautiful. The entry way is in a courtyard reminiscent of Italy. We were welcomed by the couple who seems to either own or manage the hotel. They were lovely. Our room was charming, The bathroom was super luxurious with very upscale fixtures. They have a lovely restaurant. We had a continental breakfast on one of our mornings there, Fruit salad, croissants, juice and coffee were served for $10 each. Service was pleasant. We were very pleased with our stay there!! This was an excellent location from which to explore South Beach, which was a BLAST!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I’m so glad that you and your family had a great time in our hotel. I always greatly appreciate positive comments on our bathroom as we renovated them not so long ago and worked on every details before agreeing on the final design. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast too and hope hat you enjoyed our amazing croissant because these were not that easy to find on the beach, take it from a French person! If you were to come back in Miami Beach, I hope you will choose to stay with us again! Thank you!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a quant and unique beautiful hotel in miami beach- one block from beach.
Crystal at the front desk is the friendliest and nicest person ever! she will help you with anything you need within or outside of the hotel. Helped me with a problem I had booking in miami and she also hooked me up with great parking and car rental deals and ideas. she even helped me with bug spray from mosquitos. great european french style boutique hotel. hard to find anywhere especially in miami.
the hotel is just like a mediteranian boutique hotel in france or italy.
Crystal should own the place- she is such a gem- thank you!!!

Room Tip: talk to crystal
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

I cannot begin to express how much your words mean to me and I apologize for not responding sooner to your extremely kind review! I am speechless (and blushing a little too!)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in such a positive way! I am glad I was able to help, and I can say with confidence that any other staff member would have done the same. Being such a small boutique hotel allows to go the extra mile for our guests....and we actually enjoy doing it as it is you and all our wonderful guests that keep the Impala family alive!
Thank you again!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for four nights from 15th to 19th June. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Maggie at front desk and another French girl at front desk, whose name we did not catch. Great location, 2 mins walk from the beach on Ocean Drive. Clean rooms. The only criticism I would have is the shortage of towels (we were told on our first day that there were no spare room towels), especially considering the climate and the fact that more than one shower per day might be necessary. However complimentary beach towels were provided, which was very helpful. Would recommend this hotel for couples and families however there is no elevator (but only one flight of stairs) so not ideal for anyone with limited mobility.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to read that we couldn't provide you extra towels. Thank you for mentioning it, I will communicate to my team to make sure that does not happen again.
Being a boutique hotel in an Art Deco Building has its downside, indeed we don’t have an elevator but the staff always does its best to help guests to carry their luggage for guests located on the 2nd floor. For guests with limited mobility we do suggest letting us know ahead of time as we do have rooms on the main floor including one accessible room that does not require staires access. Maggie and Maud, the other “French girl” join me to thank you for your positive review, and all of us hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel is very well located, near to the beach and all of Miami Beach nightlife.

Clean hotel, friendly staff. The downside was the fact that I stayed on the top floor, and they had no elevator, so I had to carry my luggage taking the stairs. Anyway, staff was friendly and helped me on that! One small thing I didn't like: the pillows are too large! But this is nothing when you consider the room as a whole.

If you are worried about allergies to dust, mold or cigarrete smoke, no problem in this hotel.

When going back to Miami Beach, I'll stay there.

2  Thank Carlos X
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you! Indeed when you are a small hotel everybody becomes a bellman and we are happy to help as much as we can! And you are absolutely right about allergic guests...our entire bedding is hypoallergenic and I am glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you again!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently spent five nights at The Impala and loved it. It is a quiet and elegant oasis In a bustling town. It's perfectly located with easy walks to the beach, restaurants, and bars. The staff was superb. Maude in particular could not have been friendlier or more helpful, but the whole team made us feel welcome. The rooms are spotless, beautifully decorated, and very quiet (even though they are in a busy location). It feels like a small European inn. Dinner at Spiga was also a great experience. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably the most quiet.
1  Thank WashingtonDC

Nothing can make us happier than knowing our guests had a perfect stay that lived up to their expectations! The entire Front Desk and Housekeeping teams join me to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for posting such a great and nice review! Please come back soon!