“Impala Hotel”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #16 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for four nights from 15th to 19th June. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially Maggie at front desk and another French girl at front desk, whose name we did not catch. Great location, 2 mins walk from the beach on Ocean Drive. Clean rooms. The only criticism I would have is the shortage of towels (we were told on our first day that there were no spare room towels), especially considering the climate and the fact that more than one shower per day might be necessary. However complimentary beach towels were provided, which was very helpful. Would recommend this hotel for couples and families however there is no elevator (but only one flight of stairs) so not ideal for anyone with limited mobility.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I am sorry to read that we couldn't provide you extra towels. Thank you for mentioning it, I will communicate to my team to make sure that does not happen again.
Being a boutique hotel in an Art Deco Building has its downside, indeed we don’t have an elevator but the staff always does its best to help guests to carry their luggage for guests located on the 2nd floor. For guests with limited mobility we do suggest letting us know ahead of time as we do have rooms on the main floor including one accessible room that does not require staires access. Maggie and Maud, the other “French girl” join me to thank you for your positive review, and all of us hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel soon!

There are newer reviews for Impala Hotel

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel is very well located, near to the beach and all of Miami Beach nightlife.

Clean hotel, friendly staff. The downside was the fact that I stayed on the top floor, and they had no elevator, so I had to carry my luggage taking the stairs. Anyway, staff was friendly and helped me on that! One small thing I didn't like: the pillows are too large! But this is nothing when you consider the room as a whole.

If you are worried about allergies to dust, mold or cigarrete smoke, no problem in this hotel.

When going back to Miami Beach, I'll stay there.

2  Thank Carlos X
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you! Indeed when you are a small hotel everybody becomes a bellman and we are happy to help as much as we can! And you are absolutely right about allergic guests...our entire bedding is hypoallergenic and I am glad you enjoyed it!
Thank you again!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We recently spent five nights at The Impala and loved it. It is a quiet and elegant oasis In a bustling town. It's perfectly located with easy walks to the beach, restaurants, and bars. The staff was superb. Maude in particular could not have been friendlier or more helpful, but the whole team made us feel welcome. The rooms are spotless, beautifully decorated, and very quiet (even though they are in a busy location). It feels like a small European inn. Dinner at Spiga was also a great experience. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are probably the most quiet.
1  Thank WashingtonDC

Nothing can make us happier than knowing our guests had a perfect stay that lived up to their expectations! The entire Front Desk and Housekeeping teams join me to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for posting such a great and nice review! Please come back soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm a woman in my fifties, travelled alone to a convention and stayed 3 nights in this beautiful and charming boutique hotel. I loved the international flavor of the staff and guests, plus espresso machine in the room! The front desk was so helpful in recommending a restaurant. She selected perfect places for me to dine where I felt completely at home. Fantastic location to walk and shop and dine. They don't yet have mini bars in the rooms, but I'm told they are coming soon. I would have loved to grab something cold to drink while in my room, but couldn't. My room (209) had a large tiled "living room" which was really pretty. But there wasn't any dresser for me to unpack clothes. I would have needed to put them on some shelves in a closet in the living room. It was too impractical for me, so I lived out of my suitcase which I parked on a chair in the bedroom. But that's just me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dannapolis

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review! I am happy the Front Desk could help with your requests and that found the staff helpful! I am sorry you did not find the closet space convenient for you though. Next time please let us know and I will make sure you get a room with a different layout for your clothes!
Thank you!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everyone who works at the Hotel was very nice to us. The one strange aspect was that they make you turn in your room key when you leave to go outside. But there will very nice about it, so it wasn't really a problem. The Impala is a very charming hotel in a great area. Perfect for walking to the beach and all the South Beach spots. Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Since we do not have key cards but actual keys with a somewhat heavy key chain that can take up quite some space, we kindly ask all our guests to leave their room key with us at the Front Desk when they step out as we have someone present at the Front Desk 24 hours. It is not an obligation, but we strongly encourage that you do so to avoid not only loosing them, but also carrying them! I hope this makes more sense! Thank you again for your nice words, we hope you will come back to see us during your next visit to Miami!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent three nights in the Impala. We are both senior citizens. The rooms were the cleanest that I have ever visited. I really appreciated the clean smell that was maintained throughout which I attribute to the rooms not having rugs. There was no musty odor at all. We liked the quiet location, the fun shower stall, and the employees. And a big shout out to Maggie--we appreciate your help and enjoyed chatting with you. Dee and Emile

Dear Dee and Emilie,
Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Maggy is with me right now and she insists that I thank you on her behalf as she was very touched by your comments! Thank you again, please come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Impala and I only have great things to say about the hotel, quiet, clean, relaxing atmosphere, super nice rooms and very pleasant service. Friendly staff, and a very good not so expensive restaurant downstairs. What else we could you ask for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted to know you had such a good time and were pleased with the hotel. The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!