“European Flair - Boutique Hotel”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #19 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manhasset, New York
“European Flair - Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm a woman in my fifties, travelled alone to a convention and stayed 3 nights in this beautiful and charming boutique hotel. I loved the international flavor of the staff and guests, plus espresso machine in the room! The front desk was so helpful in recommending a restaurant. She selected perfect places for me to dine where I felt completely at home. Fantastic location to walk and shop and dine. They don't yet have mini bars in the rooms, but I'm told they are coming soon. I would have loved to grab something cold to drink while in my room, but couldn't. My room (209) had a large tiled "living room" which was really pretty. But there wasn't any dresser for me to unpack clothes. I would have needed to put them on some shelves in a closet in the living room. It was too impractical for me, so I lived out of my suitcase which I parked on a chair in the bedroom. But that's just me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dannapolis
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review! I am happy the Front Desk could help with your requests and that found the staff helpful! I am sorry you did not find the closet space convenient for you though. Next time please let us know and I will make sure you get a room with a different layout for your clothes!
Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everyone who works at the Hotel was very nice to us. The one strange aspect was that they make you turn in your room key when you leave to go outside. But there will very nice about it, so it wasn't really a problem. The Impala is a very charming hotel in a great area. Perfect for walking to the beach and all the South Beach spots. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Since we do not have key cards but actual keys with a somewhat heavy key chain that can take up quite some space, we kindly ask all our guests to leave their room key with us at the Front Desk when they step out as we have someone present at the Front Desk 24 hours. It is not an obligation, but we strongly encourage that you do so to avoid not only loosing them, but also carrying them! I hope this makes more sense! Thank you again for your nice words, we hope you will come back to see us during your next visit to Miami!
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent three nights in the Impala. We are both senior citizens. The rooms were the cleanest that I have ever visited. I really appreciated the clean smell that was maintained throughout which I attribute to the rooms not having rugs. There was no musty odor at all. We liked the quiet location, the fun shower stall, and the employees. And a big shout out to Maggie--we appreciate your help and enjoyed chatting with you. Dee and Emile

Dear Dee and Emilie,
Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Maggy is with me right now and she insists that I thank you on her behalf as she was very touched by your comments! Thank you again, please come back to visit us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Impala and I only have great things to say about the hotel, quiet, clean, relaxing atmosphere, super nice rooms and very pleasant service. Friendly staff, and a very good not so expensive restaurant downstairs. What else we could you ask for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to know you had such a good time and were pleased with the hotel. The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We chose the hotel because of the high rating on Trip Advisor. It's a nice property, which is small and private and also conveniently located. But I feel that being rated so high on Tripadvisor may be misleading.
One problem we faced was the continuous hammering outside our room all through the day, as there was some work going on with the airconditioning.
Don't expect the hotel to give you even an extra hour after the 11 am check out time -- thanks to the high rating on Tripadvisor it's a busy place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Devtak
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am very sorry that your experience at the Impala Hotel did not meet your expectations.
We are more than happy to offer late check-outs whenever it is possible but please keep in mind that we are also obligated to honor the check-in time for our arriving guests. Since we were sold out on the day you departed, it was harder for us to grant any special requests of the kind.
I see that we were still able to offer you a late check-out despite the our full occupancy and that you were also offered an early check-in on the day you arrived. I therefore hope that you did not perceive this as a lack of good faith on our end because we would never refuse a request of the kind unless we really cannot do differently.
Regarding the noise, we indeed had an A/C problem that we had to fix urgently (as you may have noticed, having a working A/C in Miami is vital!), I truly apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. I still hope you will consider the Impala again should you come back to Miami and give us a chance to make a much better impression!
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Found this great little boutique hotel on-line and so glad we did! We had a layover in Miami travelling home to Toronto from Peru and thought we should explore Miami for a couple of days. The flight arrived early in the morning and the room we booked wasn't ready so we were offered a suite (Room 208) for $60 a day more. This was still reasonable. After roughing it in Peru for two weeks, this was heaven. We had a modernized bathroom, bedroom and sitting room with lots of closet space and free Wifi and safe. We got to know all the front desk clerks as we dropped off the rather bulky key each time we exited - they are all friendly, talkative and helpful. Only problem here was that there was no elevator and we had some pretty heavy luggage to cart up and down. Bed was really comfortable (better than our beds at home) and clean. The hotel is within an easy walk to everything in South Miami beach. One block to the beach, one block to shopping, one block to restaurants. If you are looking for the hotel, you will miss it - it is tucked away from the street behind and above a restaurant. This is a good thing - we didn't have noise from the streets or the glare of lights in the room. And the AC worked beautifully. And it was the little things that made a difference - supply of big umbrellas for rainy day use, arranging for cabs to airport, small library of books if you feel like reading. Not for the party crowd - no pool, gym, disco,etc. We were glad as it kept things peaceful. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a suite - lots of room and very private. Worth the extra money!
1 Thank Bernard B
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you! It is so rewarding to read such positive feedback, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience! Our Suites are indeed located in a very quiet area on the 2nd and last floor and even though we don't have an elevator, we hope the comfort and intimacy of the Suite made it worth the stairs! And again, we take great pride in being a very quiet and intimate hotel in the middle of the crowd, and I thank you again for sharing this with others!
San Fernando, Trinidad
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in the One Bedroom Suite for 5 days for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Booking the Hotel online was easy and check in was seamless (Our room was ready and we arrived early). Room was clean, comfortable bed, spacious for the price and airy due to high ceilings.Big Bathroom.

Front Desk was always efficiently manned so service was always available but non-intrusive.

Spiga Restaurant that is part of the hotel is also a great plus.

Would easily recommend this hotel...stay in the 1 bedroom suite.

Room Tip: Choose 1 Bedroom suite
1 Thank APCG-DeTriniTraveler
Being helpful yet non-intrusive is not an easy task and we try our very best to make our guests feel so comfortable that they forget they are in a hotel, while being always aware that when they need it, our entire team is here ready to help! Thanks for pointing it out this is greatly appreciated!