“A Lovely Visit”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #13 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent three nights in the Impala. We are both senior citizens. The rooms were the cleanest that I have ever visited. I really appreciated the clean smell that was maintained throughout which I attribute to the rooms not having rugs. There was no musty odor at all. We liked the quiet location, the fun shower stall, and the employees. And a big shout out to Maggie--we appreciate your help and enjoyed chatting with you. Dee and Emile

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Dee and Emilie,
Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated! Maggy is with me right now and she insists that I thank you on her behalf as she was very touched by your comments! Thank you again, please come back to visit us soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the Impala and I only have great things to say about the hotel, quiet, clean, relaxing atmosphere, super nice rooms and very pleasant service. Friendly staff, and a very good not so expensive restaurant downstairs. What else we could you ask for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted to know you had such a good time and were pleased with the hotel. The entire team joins me to thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We chose the hotel because of the high rating on Trip Advisor. It's a nice property, which is small and private and also conveniently located. But I feel that being rated so high on Tripadvisor may be misleading.
One problem we faced was the continuous hammering outside our room all through the day, as there was some work going on with the airconditioning.
Don't expect the hotel to give you even an extra hour after the 11 am check out time -- thanks to the high rating on Tripadvisor it's a busy place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Devtak
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I am very sorry that your experience at the Impala Hotel did not meet your expectations.
We are more than happy to offer late check-outs whenever it is possible but please keep in mind that we are also obligated to honor the check-in time for our arriving guests. Since we were sold out on the day you departed, it was harder for us to grant any special requests of the kind.
I see that we were still able to offer you a late check-out despite the our full occupancy and that you were also offered an early check-in on the day you arrived. I therefore hope that you did not perceive this as a lack of good faith on our end because we would never refuse a request of the kind unless we really cannot do differently.
Regarding the noise, we indeed had an A/C problem that we had to fix urgently (as you may have noticed, having a working A/C in Miami is vital!), I truly apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused you and your family. I still hope you will consider the Impala again should you come back to Miami and give us a chance to make a much better impression!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Found this great little boutique hotel on-line and so glad we did! We had a layover in Miami travelling home to Toronto from Peru and thought we should explore Miami for a couple of days. The flight arrived early in the morning and the room we booked wasn't ready so we were offered a suite (Room 208) for $60 a day more. This was still reasonable. After roughing it in Peru for two weeks, this was heaven. We had a modernized bathroom, bedroom and sitting room with lots of closet space and free Wifi and safe. We got to know all the front desk clerks as we dropped off the rather bulky key each time we exited - they are all friendly, talkative and helpful. Only problem here was that there was no elevator and we had some pretty heavy luggage to cart up and down. Bed was really comfortable (better than our beds at home) and clean. The hotel is within an easy walk to everything in South Miami beach. One block to the beach, one block to shopping, one block to restaurants. If you are looking for the hotel, you will miss it - it is tucked away from the street behind and above a restaurant. This is a good thing - we didn't have noise from the streets or the glare of lights in the room. And the AC worked beautifully. And it was the little things that made a difference - supply of big umbrellas for rainy day use, arranging for cabs to airport, small library of books if you feel like reading. Not for the party crowd - no pool, gym, disco,etc. We were glad as it kept things peaceful. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a suite - lots of room and very private. Worth the extra money!
1  Thank Bernard B
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you! It is so rewarding to read such positive feedback, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience! Our Suites are indeed located in a very quiet area on the 2nd and last floor and even though we don't have an elevator, we hope the comfort and intimacy of the Suite made it worth the stairs! And again, we take great pride in being a very quiet and intimate hotel in the middle of the crowd, and I thank you again for sharing this with others!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed in the One Bedroom Suite for 5 days for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. Booking the Hotel online was easy and check in was seamless (Our room was ready and we arrived early). Room was clean, comfortable bed, spacious for the price and airy due to high ceilings.Big Bathroom.

Front Desk was always efficiently manned so service was always available but non-intrusive.

Spiga Restaurant that is part of the hotel is also a great plus.

Would easily recommend this hotel...stay in the 1 bedroom suite.

Room Tip: Choose 1 Bedroom suite
1  Thank APCG-DeTriniTraveler

Being helpful yet non-intrusive is not an easy task and we try our very best to make our guests feel so comfortable that they forget they are in a hotel, while being always aware that when they need it, our entire team is here ready to help! Thanks for pointing it out this is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My stay at the Impala Hotel was excellent. The most amazing thing of this hotel was the quiet and silent room, despite the noise of Collins Avenue. I used
to wake up with birds singing...
The hotel was also very clean and the staff, ready to help you.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JuTavares
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Waking up to the sound of birds singing is something amazing especially on Collins avenue and I am delighted that you were able to experience this great feeling in our hotel!
Thank you for the kind words, they are very much appreciated!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I attended to business in Miami. The location was a bit challenging for the cab driver to find because the street footprint of the hotel is not very wide, but the address proved to be correct and we arrived early on a Saturday afternoon. Check in was seemless and the room spacious and well appointed. The room was beautifully decorated and the bed was comfortable. Love the shower, although it took some experimentation to figure out how to work all of the options. I could have read the instructions, but didn't find them until after the shower. That would have spoiled all the fun of discovery anyway.

The internet worked fine once it began to work, but it took two days to get it to work. A second floor router needed resetting, but for one reason or another it took two days to get it reset.

There is no pool and there is no health club. Other reviewers have indicated that passes are available to the health club on the corner, but that was not my experience. I asked for a pass but the desk clerk insisted that no such arrangement existed or was available. Later during the day he indicated that the hotel used to have an arrangement with the health club, but that passes were no longer available. He did offer to get me a pass, which I didn't really understand, but I had already exercised by running on the beach and boardwalk that was a block away and miles long, which beats running on a treadmill any day. As for the lack of a pool...there is an incredible, beautiful beach a block away. Beach towels are at the desk.

On the second night I heard a sound drifting in through the door that I thought might have been music from the restaurant below, or perhaps was from the nightclub on the other side of the block. The sound didn't bother me so much as it intrigued me. Something about the randomness and volume of the sound caused me to wander outside to the balcony overlooking the courtyard to try to discover its source. It wasn't the restaurant or the nightclub because I could hear them and they were neither sufficiently loud nor sufficiently intermittant to be the source. Then I heard it again. A bird in the courtyard was apparently...courting! That was our encounter with wildlife in Miami Beach.

We very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The issues with internet and health club were isolated events that just happened to happen while we were there, but aren't likely to be chronic issues. There owner/manager has obviously put a lot of work and energy into this facility and it shines through. I would stay again in an instant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Redwoo

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review. I am glad to read that despite some inconvenience, you will stay with us again!
I am terribly sorry about the Internet and that it took so long to get fixed! we will definitely not let this happen again!
Regarding the guest passes to the gym, indeed we are temporarily out but until we get the new ones, I am more than happy to go get an individual access for our guests who want to enjoy the gym. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly!
Well after this experience I’m very pleased to see that you had a good time in our hotel and that you appreciated our service as well as our property. We do put a lot of effort into improving the standing of our hotel and our guests' comments and feedback help us get closer to our goal!
Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and don’t hesitate to visit us again soon!