“Staff service and location were very good.”
Review of Impala Hotel

Impala Hotel
Ranked #19 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Staff service and location were very good.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There are only 17 rooms in this hotel and that makes a huge difference to the set up and service you will receive. There is 24/7 service on the front desk, and both staff members I interacted with were faultless (one helping print off some tickets online for me, with no cost).

Our room was lovely, comfortable, shower a little tricky to use (but instructions provided) and plenty of power and hot water. A bit of noise in the late night and morning, simply from other guests moving around the corridors, but not a major issue that stops this being a great hotel.

Slight shame that my view was of the back of a nightclub - but, honestly, I think the hotel simply needs to do a deal with the club to have some plants or something put against the wall to make it more attractive - if you did want to have your curtains open, which is not necessary, as you're far more likely to be out enjoying the (very close by) beach or South Beach attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tcarewhunt
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
As you perfectly highlighted, the small size of the hotel (17 rooms!) allows us to provide a true, genuine personalized service for each of our guests. In order to make everyone’s experience in South Beach a success we only have one recommendation: let us know your needs, expectations, wishes, interests... Our staff is here, at your disposal to answer and help you in any kind of situation. We will always be more than happy to assist you.
Concerning the view, I share your opinion and I believe it is a shame as these rooms are very bright with lots of light and it would be so nice if there were some plants. I am currently looking into different options to make the view nicer on that side of the hotel. I hope the next time you visit us you will see some changes! Thank you for your input!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Impala is a boutique, individual and charming hotel in the heart of South Beach. The front desk service was excellent, the room was comfortable and well appointed. The stand out for me was an excellent shower - really luxurious and powerful. My only quibble is with the base noise I could hear coming from nearby clubs, but ear plugs dealt with that, but I do think slightly better windows might make a good change, making a very good hotel, excellent.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. Our showers are new and I am glad to read that our guests enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed getting them!
Regarding the noise, I am terribly sorry. We do the best we can to be as quiet as possible and even if this issue has gotten much better this past year, there are still a few rooms that, due to their location, are more subject to noise than others. This is why we decided to change all windows to soundproof windows. We are currently working on it and this should be done before the summer! Hopefully this will put a definite end to the problem some guests experience with noise. I hope you will come back to see us and see the improvements! Thanks again!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for a few days during the Music Festival in late March. The Impala was a wonderful oasis of quiet and comfort in the middle of all the noise.

The rooms are nice and well appointed. We didn't hear any noise from our room from outside.

But the outstanding part of our stay was the staff. As others have commented, they certainly tried to give us personal and friendly services. I would wander down for breakfast late in the morning and they would go our of their way to look after use.

We had some problems with our reservation but they were very helpful in sorting it out.

Highly recommended for a quiet stay.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator/lift so be sure to get a ground floor room if you're worried about s...
1 Thank rmcd-biker
Nothing can make us happier than knowing we were able to honor our promise of being a quiet, friendly and welcoming place in South Beach! Thank you so much for these comments about the hotel and about the staff. I take great pride in my staff and they really go above and beyond to please our wonderful guests so I am glad it is not only noticed, but also appreciated! On behalf of the entire team and myself, thank you!
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were stuck in Miami due to flight issues, so we decided to stay near South Beach. $32 cab ride, about 20-25 minutes. Located on Collins, easy to miss, but near 12th. The room was good- comfortable bed, clean, really nice bathroom. The staff was great. We had a late flight out, so they kept our bags after checkout while we shopped on Lincoln and explored the beach some. We had dinner at the restaurant out front - Spiga. Food was ok, service was terrible. They ignored us for the most part, other than to deliver the food. We wanted more water and drinks, but no waiter for the entire meal...

I would stay at the hotel again, but definitely would go elsewhere for dinner.

2 Thank Illinoistravele... K
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that we were able to somehow take away the stress related to your flight issues! I do apologize about the service at the restaurant and will make sure to pass your feedback along to them as their service is usually impeccable and they take these comments very seriously. Thank you again for sharing your experience!
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Impala has many appealing aspects such as lovely clean rooms and halls, an extremely helpful staff and comfortable bed in the heart of South Beach, a short walk to the beach and Wolfson Museum in a lovely Art Deco area. Despite all these positives, I will warn light sleepers that on the alley side of the building, beginning in the middle of the night and lasting for several hours is a loud thumping sound, perhaps a generator or something near enough to the Impala which the hotel may not be able to stop. This along with listed TV channels which are not in fact accessible despite staffs' attempts, should be taken into account if there is something you especially planned to watch, a minor annoyance and misrepresentation. There are none of the usual amenities such as fitness room, ice machine or easy chair in the room. Overall, I thought the room was over-priced and will explore other options if we return to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the end of the hall.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jhelena2014
Thank you for your feedback and for bringing to our attention several important matters.
First I'd like to apologize for the noise in the alley. It is not a common complaint from our guests so I'd really like to investigate a bit further and find out what that noise was. Please feel free to send me an email with your name and room number and I will do my best to identify the source.
Regarding the amenities, we do offer access to Crunch Fitness Center, located right around the corner from our hotel. I am sorry that this was not brought to your attention during your stay. We also offer ice. The beautiful architecture and structure of the hotel doesn't allow us to install an ice machine on the floors but we do offer ice upon request and buckets are located in all rooms.
We are also in the process of upgrading our in-room entertainment features which will soon include all premium channels as well as On Demand and a real interactive experience for our guests! I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again once all these features are in place and have the opportunity to make a much better impression!
Weston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a rare find.
A beautifully renovated, intimate and private small hotel on lower Collins Avenue between Ocean and Washington. I walked right past it the first time I passed by. The front part of the hotel houses "SPIGA" a very fine Italian restaurant.
The entrance to the hotel is to the left hand side as you face the building through an arched entryway that leads to a pristine private garden that immediately takes you worlds away to the coast of France. Once you enter this courtyard you cease to be aware that Collins ave is only a few feet away.
The staff was welcoming and accommodating. I was early, having made an unexpected early departure from the Marlin Hotel ( right next door) but they had a room available and not only allowed me early check in but upgraded me as well.
The desk clerk carried my bag to the room, showed me the amenities and then left.
The room was beautiful. Newly renovated, clean and spacious and came complete with a Nespresso machine ( Heaven). And the bed was a joy. They use Tencel+PlusLyocell bedding, cool and dry against your skin.
When I asked for lunch recommendations from the front desk, I got 3 good ones plus the walking directions. They go out of their way to be kind.
For dinner I was lazy and ambled into Spiga. Loved it.
I took breakfast outside the next morning in the private garden. It was a very complete meal with fruit, juices, croissants, rolls and yogurt and tea.
This is a wonderful hotel. Small, quiet, freshly renovated, personable staff, in the heart of it all in South Beach and that amazing garden to escape into.
If you are looking for a beautiful sanctuary to return to at the end of the day without all the pretension and ostentatious behavior that you find at many Miami Beach hotels, then this is it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Suezak10
Thank you! Your review is expresses everything we want our guests to feel and more! I am very happy that you enjoyed the bedding, indeed the Lyocell is a delight especially with the Miami weather! Thank you again for this great review, the entire staff joins me to thank you, it is these kinds of feedback that make all their efforts worthwhile! Thank you!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is situated on the quieter side of Collins Ave., so we had no issue with noise late at night. It is only a few steps away from all the restaurants and bars on Ocean Drive. I am quite picky when it comes to hotels, and I was very pleased with our choice!

5 Thank 542GeorgeT542
I am glad to read that you had a great quiet stay despite that fact that March is known to be a very busy and loud month in Miami Beach due to the various music events! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!