New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Quaint, boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is situated on the quieter side of Collins Ave., so we had no issue with noise late at night. It is only a few steps away from all the restaurants and bars on Ocean Drive. I am quite picky when it comes to hotels, and I was very pleased with our choice!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 542GeorgeT542
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I am glad to read that you had a great quiet stay despite that fact that March is known to be a very busy and loud month in Miami Beach due to the various music events! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location within walking distance of Lincoln Road and Oceans Drive.
Reception staff makes you feel like at home; very friendly and helpful always trying to go beyond great customer service: well done Maggy, Maud ad Charlie.
Very spacious and clean room; decorated with a very good taste.
Its a great choice Hotel if you want an easy and friendly environment.
Will 100% recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We try our best to give this homey feeling and we are glad you not only felt it, but also enjoyed it! We take great pride in our customer service and reading that it was noticed and appreciated once again is really heartwarming for us and for Maggy, Maud and Charlie, who always try to give the best of themselves! Reading your comment is the best reward they can get and they thank you from the bottom of their heart!
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently stayed at this lovely hotel before going on a cruise. Staff were excellent and friendly especially Romain who was on nights. He pointed out restaurants and made reservations when required. Room was clean and very stylish.......we had a kingsize room. Location of hotel is excellent only one street from the beach. would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ryhaze
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad you had a great time with us and Romain who is indeed a great part of our team! Please come visit us again soon!
Westmount, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just finished a 7 day stay in room 210, a very large, attractive and quiet suite on the second floor facing Collins Drive. Despite that I, who am very noise-sensitive, heard almost no outside noise in the bedroom although the living room part of the suite was less well sound proofed. I agree with and will not rewrite superlatives written by others here and will just add a few of my own:
Do not under any circumstances, even think of parking a rental car on the street unless you are from South Beach or know locals, otherwise you risk spending much of your vacation looking for parking, especially on weekends. Use the valet service offered by the hotel at $25/day.
The continental breakfast offered for $9.99 (included in my room rate and sampled twice) is not worth it for the food: The croissant and chocolatine were stale, there was no fruit salad nor yogurt offered for one of the two breakfasts. There are plenty of healthy and hearty breakfast restaurants within 2 blocks of the hotel: I especially liked the omelettes at the 11th Street Diner.
There is an excellent gym called Crunch 2 blocks away and the South Beach boardwalk, 2 1/2 blocks away is a superb place to go out for a run along the beach.
The Italian restaurant on the premises did not live up to the great reviews others have written: The home-made ravioli with meat was, a "Chef Boyardee experience" for 20$. On another night the grilled tuna was overdone and tough and tasteless on the outside and close to raw on the inside. The restaurant dining room staff were excellent however, so my comments refer to the quality of the food served.
In the Hotel, all of the front desk staff were helpful and highly professional yet warm, welcoming and friendly.
In sum, a great hotel and I will stay here again next time I am in South Beach. I will not return to Ristorante Spiga.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JeffWMontreal
Thank you for this honest and detailed review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy Spiga as much as you thought you would. I will definitely pass the message along to them.
Regarding breakfast, I must say this comes as a surprise because it usually is very much appreciated and I apologize that it was not complete nor to your liking. I will follow up to see why this happened as our Croissants are normally delicious!!
But thank you for an overall great review and I hope to have the opportunity to make a better impression with breakfast the next time you come visit us!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Impala is a peaceful spot on busy Collins Ave. in the thick of South Beach. The international staff was consistently charming and helpful. It seemed very clean. Good value for the cost. A few tradeoffs: small room but fairly spacious bathroom; no tub but sizeable shower; no dresser but shelves in the closet; room view was the alleyway out back, but it was blissfully quiet. Everything was within a short walking distance.

The bathroom had plenty of good lighting, and cool fossils in the nice limestone. The in-room mini-fridge was empty, which I appreciated as I could fill it with my own items. You leave your room key at the front desk. This personal touch made me feel a little safer, and helps ensure you don’t lose your key.

Spiga restaurant in the lobby was so great we ate dinner there twice. Our waiter was from Milan and his recommendations were outstanding.

We stayed during the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Most hotels had jacked their rates sky high for the event, but the Impala was a comparatively great value.

There is a Starbucks around the corner at Washington and 12th, and a very good Venezuelan bakery with yummy empanadas, Charlotte Bakery, at 1499 Washington, just North of Espanola Way.

FLYING: Those in my group who flew in/out of Ft. Lauderdale were MUCH happier than those who flew through Miami. Although about a 40 minute cab ride, the smaller Ft. Lauderdale airport is newer and more manageable than Miami.

DRIVING: So. Beach weekend traffic was ridiculously bad, and parking was problematic. Don't rent a car, use cabs or walk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelAndShoes
Thank you for this review! You are mentioning a few details that are less noticed or at least mentioned by guests and it is very nice to read about them in your review! I love that you appreciated the fact that you had to leave the key at the desk, and that you could fill the fridges with your own items! Thank you again and please think of us next time you are in South Beach!
Kortrijk, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We do not really have complaints about this hotel: we received an upgrade in room, the staff was very helpful and friendly and the location was great for us. We did not take breakfast there as we had our breakfast at news cafe at the beach ( great!!!).
So yes, in this price category, this is a great hotel. I choose it mainly for the location and it seems it was a good choice for us.

Room Tip: We booked a standard and received an upgrade to the nicest suite. This room is at the street side bu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VHemelaer
Thank you! I am glad you had a good and pleasant stay! Room 210 is indeed very nice as it has a balcony overlooking famous Collins avenue, it is rare to have a 1st row seat to the South Beach show like this without being overly bothered by the noise and chaos!
Thank you for your comments and the time you took to share them, it is greatly appreciated!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stayed one night as a layover from our cruise to our flight. We arrived very early but felt welcome anyway. The receptionist held our luggage for us so we could walk around South Beach. She called us when our room was done and then she had already moved all of our luggage to the room before we areived. The only reason i didn't give a 5 circle rating is because our room wasnt great. It was right next to the lobby and very noisy. After 7 days on the ship we wanted a little quiet time. There were also a couple small things wrong with the room. This hotel had supposedly just been remodeled but it wasnt done very well in this room. I would however recomend stayng here and would go back and ask for another room.

Arriving prior to the check-in time in our hotel has never been an issue and we are pleased to welcome you anytime!
I do want to thank you for your kind words despite the fact that you were not 100% satisfied with your room and please know that I do feel terribly sorry about this.
Due to the small structure of the hotel, our handicapped accessible room is closer to the lobby and since we were completely sold out that day, we could not move you to another room. The next time you come visit us, please contact me personally and I will ensure that your stay and your room will be everything you expected and more! I sincerely mean it.

Thank you and I hope to get the chance to make a better impression very soon!