“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Marco Island, Florida, United States
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I are regulers at South Beach and have tried many hotels in the area. The Impala sits between 12th and 13th on Collins a block from the beach. You are close to everything including Lincoln Ave. You are in the quiet section which is great at night if you want to wind down without all the noise from the beach.

The Impala Hotel was clean and sleek. Staff was excellent. Room was a nice size and even had a small fridge. Bathrooms were huge compared to South Beach norm with an excellent shower.

We parked 1/2 block away at garage on corner of 13th for $20.00 a day. The valet at the hotel was $25.00.

We will be back to this hotel. Thank you for the great price also ($145.00 with taxes included)!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael B
ChristelleTropina, General Manager at Impala Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you Michael! We indeed take great pride in being so close to the action without all the chaos and noise! And thank you for your nice words about our team. Whether it is our housekeeping team who does an amazing job, or the Front Desk team who is always ready to help, I am very proud to be surrounded by these great people who contribute daily to the success of the Impala! And of course our wonderful guests who help us improve every day:-) Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I went to Miami last minute, no reservations. The Impala Hotel had one room left; fortunately for me. One block from beach, clubs & shopping. Restaurant on premises should not be missed. I will return...with reservations.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Tonya A
Spiga should indeed not be missed! The pastas are handmade daily, and we are very lucky to have this fabulous restaurant in our hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact us for your future trips to South Beach. It is of course always safer to reserve ahead of time, but I am glad we were able to accommodate you regardless this time! Thank you for taking the time to write this review, there's no better gift than knowing we were able to meet your expectations!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This place is great. Super clean rooms that look to be newly renovated. Staff was awesome. So close to the beach. The staff is very knowledgeable for dinner ideas when you don't want to eat at the restaurant attached. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Macn27
I am glad to know that you were well advised during your stay with us. Concierge services are very very important to us and we are working hard to grow our knowledge and network in order to provide our guests with a full time, dedicated Concierge who can recommend the finest places according to your specific needs. We want to make your trip as easy as possible so that all you have to worry about; is enjoying yourself! The rest is taken care of! So thank you, and the next time you are in town, I hope you will enjoy our improved and extended Concierge services!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel. We stayed there twice during the past few weeks, before & after heading to Barbados. The staff were friendly and always helpful. The hotel itself is charming and great location on Collins Ave. A minute's walk to the busy ocean esplanade. We had room 201 on the upstairs level. Whilst the wardrobe space is small there's heaps of room to spread your gear around! Bathroom terrific and clean. We're in our 50's and early sleepers - had no trouble with noise. We were able to leave extra luggage there while we went to Barbados which was so convenient. Would go back again in a heartbeat.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We greatly appreciate your kind comments! We indeed try to offer a home away from home where you feel special and at the Impala, you can be sure that you will never be just another face in the crowd! Our location and size allow us to provide every guest with a unique personalized service and we hope this is how you felt with us. Thank you again and please come back to see us soon!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Impala last week for one night. We were very happy every aspect of the hotel. If you are looking for a small hotel in a great location, the Hotel Impala is an excellent choice.

1 Thank Charles N
I am glad to know that you were very happy with your stay and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with others! I share every comments with our team members and these kinds of comments simply put smiles on faces and give energy and motivation to do better each day, so thank you and please come visit us again soon!
Palisade, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

After much research I picked an Art Deco Hotel on Ocean Drive for an ocean view for my stay in South Beach. I was short a night and picked up The Impala for a night in their newly renovated boutique hotel. A quiet gem among madness! I was on the very quiet 2nd floor and the room was gorgeous; european styling with a great bathroom and good t.v. I switched to Ocean Drive and hated it in minutes! After a horrid loud night I begged The Impala to take me back. I love this place, they are very friendly and attentive. The sweet almost hidden entrance passes by a fabulous Italian restaurant The Spiga, definitely worth your time; an entrance lined with small tables, fountain, sitting areas among lovely plantings leading to the door to The Impala opening into a charming lobby with seating, a pleasing mosaic mural and the friendly front desk, where you can leave your keys. There is no elevator but they will help you up with your bags. Stayed the 2nd time on the first floor, not quite as quiet but fine. My room again had a great comfortable bed with fine sheeting and luxurious comforter with a closet and safe with all stone flooring. The room is decorated in a very tasteful european style with a long useful desk with an expresso maker which I really enjoyed. A small fridge held bottled water with room for treats brought back from Spiga!. The bathroom is such a plus with all stone surfaces, dropped-in sink with all plumbing, fixtures and piping in stylized black patina; with good make-up mirrors and decent lighting. Big stand-in shower with a big rain shower head and auxiliary hand shower. Nice bath products offered also. Everything very clean. I felt so at home here; it was perfect for staying in or for checking out the area: so much good shopping in the area, great food, with the beach so close and with all that excitement on Ocean Drive - and the ability to get away from it!

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the front is a bit quieter. Never heard the nightclub behind. Rooms are varying in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Karen,

I remember you perfectly and cannot thank you enough for your review! Everything you mentioned is exactly what we strive for everyday, we could therefore not be happier when we hear or read such comments. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on another occasion very soon! And again, thank you!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews, and I was not sorry. We stayed pre cruise for two nights.

If you are looking for a peaceful, elegant stay in South Beach at a reasonable rate, this is for you.

The property is a beautifully renovated art deco building, a block from the beach and easy walking to everything else in the area.

Our room on the second floor, was quiet and comfortable. The bed was one of the best we have ever had in terms of comfort, and the linens were soft with great pillows. We slept so well. The room is very well appointed, with interesting art work and a large flat screen TV set.

The bathroom has everything you need, with good toiletries provided and plenty of fluffy white towels. The rain shower in the bath is fine, but the water pressure could be better. Still, it was a good sized room, and we lacked nothing in it. The only gripe I had, was that the water had a strong chlorine odour, but perhaps this is found everywhere in the area(?)

Everything is tastefully done and the room was absolutely spotless - and I am very fussy about cleanliness! I could not fault a thing. There is ample hanging space and an in - room safe.

No view, as you look directly on to another building, but that means things are quieter than looking on to the street.

Very helpful desk staff, who are friendly without being too gushy.

We ate just one breakfast at the hotel, and I would not recommend it. The choice is very limited for the price ( $10), nothing special and the day we were there, there was no fruit salad, so just tea/ coffee, croissants, butter and jam. You can do much better at one of the many nearby diners offering breakfast.

All in all, this was an excellent two night stay, and I would highly recommend this little gem to anyone who wants to get away from the big chains and enjoy a real South Beach experience. We will certainly choose it again!

Room Tip: The second floor ( Room 202) was very quiet at night.
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is truly flattering to read such a detailed and honest review of your experience at the Impala Hotel! I have shared your kind comments about the cleanliness of the rooms with our housekeeping team and they join me to thank you. Even if the chlorine is indeed common in the area, we constantly try to improve our quality which is why we are already looking into increasing the water pressure so that your next shower experience at the Impala is nothing but perfect!
Finally, I do want to apologize about breakfast. We normally have an exquisite fruit salad freshly made daily and you should have received it with your breakfast. I will take the necessary measures to ensure this does not happen again.
I do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again and give us the chance to surprise you with an enhanced quality of our services and amenities!
Thank you again for helping us improve!