“An enjoyable stay”

The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #169 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had read the reviews on this hotel, and I was hesitant to stay here, but I am so glad that we did. It's very impressive when you walk in and the front desk staff is incredibly helpful. We had booked a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite since we had our German relatives with us and we were given a choice of 3 rooms to check out. Since each suite is individually owned, all 3 were different. The third one we looked at was perfect and had 1 room with a king bed and another room with 2 double beds. There was a full sized kitchen with a dishwasher, full size refrigerator and plenty of dishes and other kitchen utensils. From talking with the owner of the suite next door to us, we found that our suite had recently been remodeled, and he seemed to be impressed with the upgrades. The room with the double beds had a large, modern bathroom although the other bath seemed small (but usable). The balcony was beach view but with the landscaping, the view was nice nonetheless. Mary with housekeeping was more than accommodating and very pleasant, as was everyone we met at the hotel. The breakfast was always good, the pool area was well maintained and the beach was beautiful. The prices at the Shula restaurant were a little high, so we chose to leave the property to have dinner but even that wasn't bad since we wanted to see other parts of Miami Beach (don't forget the Lincoln Road Mall). I would recommend this hotel to anyone and if I go back to Miami Beach, this is where I'll definitely stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AhnMontgomery_AL
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt and choosing to stay with us at the Alexander. I am happy we did not disappoint. Our guests' feedback allows us to continue offering the most personalized service possible and we appreciate your comments regarding our hard-working staff. I am grateful for my team and for gracious guests as you.
We're delighted you enjoyed our central location, close enough to shops and restaurants but away from the hustle and bustle with incredible views.
We all hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again during your next visit to Miami
All the best
Mariela

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

First time travelers to Miami. Beautiful hotel and very courteous staff, from parking attendents, front desk personell, housekeeping staff and restaurant staff. Meals were great, views were great and beach was great. If trying to keep costs down junior suites are the way to go. Very spacious. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your five-star recommendation of the Alexander.
We are thrilled you enjoyed our suites and the breathtaking views of the ocean we offer. There is nothing more that I can add, other than how proud I am of our staff and the care they extend to our guests.
Please join us again soon.
With Warm Regards
Mariela

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Me and my boyfriend enjoyed our stay at the Alexander Resort. The staff was very friendly. Our rooms were cleaned every day. We couldn't have stayed at a better place then this resort. When i go back to Miami i will definetly stay in this hotel. I recommend this resort to all the people that would love to stay at a nice quiet comfortable place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We (My Wife, Daughter and I) stayed at the Alexander All Suit Oceanfront Resort a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights. Quite simply it is a great place to stay!
Impressive location in Miami Beach area, with water front and back of the hotel. A very entrance welcomes you with an active team happy to valet park your car. We were greeted at reception with a friendly and warm welcome.
The Suite we had was fantastic, clean, and very spacious. It was also very well equiped, quite superb furniture, and a great view over the beach and ocean. Very impressed.
Only one of the two swimming pools was open due to some work being carried out, not a major problem.
Shula's Steakhouse which is located in the hotel, is superb! Great steaks, of considerable size! The team in the resturant were also very responsive and fun to talk to.
Overall a great place to stay, I would hesitate to visit again, and recommend the hotel to friends and colleagues.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great location, easy access to the beach and pool area, Shula's Steakhouse located in the hotel is definitely a Must-Go! Some suites require renovation, but the renovated ones are really nice. I do recommend the hotel to families with children and companies of friends and for sure will come back if I'm again in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: Not all suites are renovated - check at reservation!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Oksana T
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family and I planned a quick 3 day get away and was suprised by this hidden jewel. Nice location right on the beach. We were a little disappointed with a couple of the amenities offered yet not available. But we are willing to give it another try, will definitely stay again. It would be nice to have more activities for the children.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

superb location, friendly staff, and accommodation very clean comfortable. The location has two pools and a pool bar that serves food the beach is accessed from the pool area. My family and I had a great time and would come back.