“Initially negative but ultimately positive”

The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #155 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Initially our stay did not start out the best. When we got to our room there was a large toolbox in the middle of the floor, no shower curtain in one of the bathrooms, no light bulbs in any of the lamps in the largest bedroom, no iron or ironing board, and finally the hot water in the master bathroom was not working. I felt like a nuisance because I had to call down to the main desk multiple times for requests as I sequentially noticed each thing that was missing. I’ve stayed at the Alexander multiple times at this time of year and that was the worst it had been. However, the next day when we were provided with a room change to the much nicer signature suite on the 9th floor, this made all the difference. This room was very nice and contained all the necessary things and more. I was very impressed with the management’s responsiveness to our problems and this really turned our stay around. The rest of the stay was very enjoyable and I really appreciate them doing what they could to make up for the initial problems. Because of this I certainly would stay again in the future and I assume the initial problems would be less likely as time passes from the renovations that have been done.

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously have the best views and usually provide both ocean and city views. All rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to turn a stay that started off rocky into a great experience. Your acknowledgement of our team’s efforts made my day. Thank you, because we do care, we work hard to build guest relationships and great memories.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Thank you again.
Only the best, Mariela

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Alexander with a group of 4 friends. Maryanne was very welcoming at the front desk. We arrived early, and were offered a chance to see a couple of rooms prior to checking in. One was available immediately, and the other was the same room type I had reserved. We decided to take the room that was immediately available. It was an upgrade, but we were given a deal on the rate, and it was definitely worth the extra money. This was the most luxurious room we've stayed in on our various trips. The view was great. Based on previous reviews posted here, I wasn't really expecting that much. But the hotel offered everything I could have hoped for: clean rooms, housekeeping, room amenities, and friendly staff.

The hotel location was great, very convenient to getting around on the bus or walking to resturants. The second pool was still not open when we stayed there. But it will be a lovely addition when it is finished. In the meantime, the existing pool was clean and quiet. The beach is convenient, clean and not crowded. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: A higher room on the north or south sides offer both water and city views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sharon b

Dear Guest,
I absolutely enjoyed reading the details of your experience while here at our hotel. I was thrilled to see that you and your friends were well cared for, comfortable and treated consistently with excellence by our entire staff.
Maryanne has not stopped smiling since she read your review!! I think she has told everyone that she got his own personal “call out” on Tripadvisor. Thank you for making her day.
Thanks for the glowing review, its going on our wall of fame
See you soon

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel was even better than what the photos looked like on the website, we stayed in the penthouse it was pricey only because of WMC week but still managed to comfortably fit 8 of us we had a king bed two queens and a cot and a sofa so more than enough room, only one issue waiting for towels was a bit of a wait but besides that would highly recommend if going with a group of friends.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give guests the best service possible to ensure a relaxing stay and I would like to apologize for the long wait for towels
We'll see you next time you're in Miami

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is our 2nd year staying at the Alexander for a weekend in March and much improvement from prior year!! The suite we had this year was out this world! Great views of the waterways and side view of the beach! Of course, we liked the view over the waterways as you can see the lights of downtown Miami and great sunsets in March.It was a very roomy 2 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds in each room. Nice size Kitchen but didn't use the kitchen.

They are improving the grounds therefore one pool was under construction but to open soon. Great access to the beach. Didn't spend much time at the Alexander as other events to attend too.

The breakfast buffet does need improvement as the food was served cold and tasted terrible. So this would be my major compliant. However since this is our 2nd year, I know some of the suites still need improvements but the one we stayed in was great!!

We have made reservations for next year as we love the suites style rooms.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I am thrilled that you and your friends had an amazing time. We have the best guests that make it all worth while, you are certainly among the top! We truly look forward to having you back and serving you again in the future.
Warmest Regards
Mariela

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in room 1407 - It needs updating! The kitchen was cramped with shelves attached to the wall with low chairs in front of it although the shelves were at counter height. It was not very well supplied. It had pots and pans to cook with but not much else - no measuring cups, measuring spoons, prep bowls, pizza pan, or cookie sheets. It also had no hot pads and only 1 kitchen towel. The bathroom connected to the master bedroom had low ceilings and the grout around the shower doors was not clean. Other rooms I walked by had clearly been updated so just be careful where you stay. We rented through the owner not the hotel. The parking is valet at $26 per day. Only 1 pool was open during our stay. We didn't eat at the restaurant. It is a Shula's - very pricey.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shirlyn A
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Unfortunately the unit you occupied is privately owned and not managed by the Hotel.
I would encourage you to share your experience with the respective party
Please arrange your vacation directly with us next time so we can wow you with the service and amenities the Alexander Hotel have become known for
Sincerely
Mariela

Reviewed April 2, 2014

No one know what the hell was going on! They charges me for someone else's car parking! The only person who was actually friendly was the bartender James at shulas!
The GIRLS at the front desk were not welcoming they were rude and need to go back to training! I will never go back or recommend to anyone

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Oliviavt
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your post and your recent stay.
We certainly are sorry that the issue you mentioned affected your stay in a negative way.
Valet charges were posted on your suite account due to a human error and as you know were immediately removed once we caught our mistake. Your credit card was never charged since this was only a posting on your folio.
We all hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as a guest and regain your confidence!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I currently stayed at the alexander hotel this past week. Walking into the suite we had paid tons of money for, I am talking almost 6000 dollars for the week, I was highly dissapointed. First off, everything is out of date, things were falling apart, and the room was not very clean. Next thing is the food/service.The food is HORRIBLE, and completely over priced. I lived off smoothies here for the week because it was the only thing that was good. Worst part about thid vacation was the staff. They are RUDE and do not know how to communicate with people at all. Make sure if you are booking here, which I highly suggest you dont, you make sure they tell you all the regulations. We were not informed that we would not get toilet paper or clean towels as a part of our package, which again was almost 6000 dollars, and also were not aware that everything was under construction. There is a second pool being built which will be nice, but in the meam time they were not accommodating at all. My biggest complaint was that we were woken up at 9 o'clock EVERY morning with banging amd drilling of the construction above us. What kind of vacation should you have to wake up early???? When confronting the "manager" about this situation she was rude, did absolutely nothing, and did not know how to fix the problem at all. Sorry to say, but she stood there like an idiot. This is a wannabe high class hotel that I recommemd you NEVER stay at !!!!!! We hated it so bad that we changed our flight to leave a day early because we couldnt tolerate the service here !

• Stayed: March 2014