The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
$201
$168
Kimpton
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$249
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$262
$248
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$179
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
1,338 results
All reviewsfull kitchensouth beachfamily vacationvalet parkingbeach accessview of the oceanhousekeeping staffpool sidevalet servicepoolsconciergemiamitubstikicruise
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went there for 3 nights with our 2 kids. Very old and dirty. Staff rude and not motivated but we can understand why. The main pool was in reparation...nobody told us about it or offered us anything to compensate. The small pool was warm but dirty as the rest of the place. The units are large but not well maintained, dirty, the one we had had with moisture everywhere. Water at few places on the floor because of the air conditioning and lots of moistures on the walls. My husband was allergic because of the dust and poor quality of the air. The gym was relocated in a small room...3 of 6 machines were actually working ok. Nos mats, no weights, it's like a joke. No chairs, no towels, nothing provided at the beach; you have to bring your own or rent it to some guys. $10/chair and $15/umbrella.
The hotel is totally to avoid. Not worth the price at all. It seems like many many years ago it was "the place to be"... but let me tell you that it was the past.

2  Thank Annette12345
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay. It saddens me to hear that we failed to meet your expectations as it is so uncommon for our front of the house team to receive such negative comment. Some info for the audience: the suite you were given had to be placed out of order upon your departure due to the growing of mold based on the windows being left open during your stay. You can clearly see on the picture you posted the water coming down from the wall which was due to the condensation. We have signs on each door letting guests know not to leave the windows open due to the humid weather outside.
On a side note all gym’s equipment was tested and found in working condition, I deeply apologize if that was not the case during your stay.
We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance next time you visit Miami Beach.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were at the Alexander for family vacation. When you see their webpage they show nice and clean areas and a new suite but that is radically different from the reality. They have condos, all of them different so I bet they put their best picture but you will most certainly not have the one in the picture.

Good things: staff is friendly although maintenance people are not efficient. They could not change a bulb or make internet work during all our stay. The suites are huge, they have 2 rooms, with 2 complete bathrooms, complete kitchens, new flat TV screens. Beach is nice, location is good if you are in family because it is a nice quiet área. Not if you want to party because it is far from south beach.

Bad things: When you get there, they lobby and common areas are old and neglected, their carpets are dirty, with big stains, illumination is poor. The room furniture is old and many of the wooden furniture has no maintenance at all. Housekeeping is lousy, if you are at the room when they pass, then they don't go back later to clean your room. The rooms are not very clean; our window blinds were very dusty, the bed clothes smell like mold and they look very old, the decoration is old and dusty (probably from the 70's, with artificial full of mold flowers in the bathrooms). Showers are old, rusty and moldy. They probably changed the tiles that look ok but not the furniture. Pools are old, one is in maintenance but they don´t tell you that when you book. My friend found a cockroach in her room.
Every room is different because it is not a hotel, they are condos that are furnished probably by the owner, so you find things from other people in the closets, and some of them have nice modern kitchens but others don´t so it is out of luck.
I would never go back there. If you are on vacation with you family you want to enjoy a nice place, not having to worry about cleaning by yourself or about dealing with cockroaches.

Room Tip: Just don't go there, find another hotel in the área. The área is nice.
2  Thank TatianaR444
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing you comments regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that your experience was so disappointing and am very sorry to hear you did not find the suite up to your standards. We appreciate the feedback and please know that I have followed up with those areas involved in our efforts to continuously improve. The Alexander Hotel is unique offering only suite accommodations and you are right that they are all furnished differently. I find the fact that our suites are all different a great advantage since we can easily match any request when it comes to bedding, floor, view, location, table seating, carpet, tiles, etc. etc. we have suites for any taste
We hope you will re-consider staying with us in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if I can assist in any way possible.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked a Deluxe Suite for two nights, hoping that I would have more room and better upgrades than a Junior Suite. First I was given a Deluxe Suite which had furniture from garage sales, carpets were terrible and Kitchen had 70's appliances. I refused to accept this Suite so they gave me another unit which was better from a Kitchen and living area standpoint but the bedroom with King size bed didn't have an attached bathroom. The bathrooms in these units were terrible. Many of the metal things in the bathroom were rusted. So we requested a better Deluxe Suite for the next night. My friends had Junior Suites and their units were much much better than mine where I had paid almost $100+ more pe night than theirs.
The next unit provided to us was a Junior Suite and it was terrible as well. I was paying the price of a Deluxe Suite and they gave me an ordinary Junior Suite. Their health Club is a joke with 4 or 5 machines with a ping pong table. One of their swimming was closed as they were redoing the same. This resort doesn't have any good restaurants though I didn't try Mike Shula's. I will never ever go back to this resort.

Room Tip: Please avoid booking a Deluxe Suite at this condo hotel. Book a Junior Suite if you are four people. Many of the Junior Suites have been upgraded. None of the Deluxe Suites we stayed in were upgraded. They were terriible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tushar V
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than exceptional. We strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and we apologize we fell short in that regard. I am grateful that you did connect with me online and via telephone and allowed me the opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction and I hope we have restored your confidence in the Alexander as a preferred place to stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was told when I booked the hotel that it was 15 a day for parking when it came time to pay the bill I as told it was 26 being I had no proof of the conversation I did not know I had to tape it for proof anyway no compensation just a fat bill I was told it is 15 if you stay a day 26 if you stay overnight
now I booked 7 days when I reserved the room also had a meal at shulas the worst and most expensive steaks we ever had the staff was very nice but would never go back again not to mention the crime rate!!! two gang members tried to run us off 95 and rob us

Room Tip: hire a lawyer so he can write a formal contract so you are charged what you are told on the phone also tape all conversations for proof and bring a gun to protect yourself!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas C

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us as they help identify areas that need attention.
The valet parking charges are posted on our website and are also clearly stated in the confirmation letter you received upon booking. We apologize if this was not explained in details over the phone.
I hope you will give the Alexander another try so you can receive the experience that we boast.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a wonderful 4 day stay at the Alexander.
Junior suite was much more than we were expecting.
The beach view was awesome. The suite was very spacious, very clean and accomidating.
The staff were very friendly. The concierge was a great help in obtaining us a rental car. We loved the direct access to the beach.
The only draw back was the lower pool was closed for renovations but were told it is gonna be even better than it was,
We would highly reccomend this Hotel and will definately return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you had such wonderful time and you enjoyed our spacious suites and views. Here at the Alexander we strive to deliver an exceptional guest service and I am happy that we reached this goal during your stay.
We hope we get to see you again soon!