The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
EDITION
$629
$369
  • Pool
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$178
$201
$168
Kimpton
$428
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$187
Official Site
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
$299
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
$440
$179
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
$211
$199
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
$274
$230
Priceline
1,338 results
All reviewsfull kitchensouth beachfamily vacationvalet parkingbeach accessview of the oceanhousekeeping staffpool sidevalet servicepoolsconciergemiamitubstikicruise
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We arrived at the Alexander after an early morning start and long flight. Check in was typically efficient and all was already set with welcome letter an complimentary coupons for dining and drinks.

We had asked for a high floor suite and closer to the ocean rather than the inter coastal waters so the allocated suite 1109 was "in spec".

The configuration of the suite wasn't what we had asked for but fortunately, our Jamaican friends husband had pulled out of the holiday or there would have been a problem.

Secondly, we were so tired from the long day, we just couldn't be bothered to go back to the front desk (with luggage) to view another suite. Normally we would leave the luggage at the front desk and view the suite but having been allocated suite 1109 we were certain that the other requests would be met. I would suggest that the front desk should have some sort of information on all the configuration and contents of each suite.

Anyway, having decided to stay in the suite, we set about the more important things and pulled out the laptop, ipad and iphone and hooked up to the FREE WI-FI with the username and password supplied at the front desk. Yes, let me repeat, FREE WI-FI, a definite improvement since our last visit.

It was a nice suite overall but I was rather disappointed with the kitchen having no dishwasher (which we now expect as standard) no oven ware and limited utensils. Although no two suites are the same and most likely owned by different people, the Alexander, should, I feel insist on minimum equipment for the various suites.

The large pool is been re-designed and the fitness centre currently out of commission and though irritating was not a huge disappointment to me. There was daily noise from all the ongoing building activity which wasn't a problem as we were out most of the days anyway.

However, the Alexander could have made prospective guests aware of the on-going works and non available facilities which seems to have been the basis of some negative reviews that I recently read. As an IT guy, I know it doesn't take much to put that up on the website.

All in all, it is still a great place to stay, great staff in all departments particularly the front desk, concierge and valet guys who are so polite and attentive.

We are here again next year and I should imagine in I future years and I recommend it to all reasonable people.

Room Tip: High Floors give better views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank glenne_n
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review!
I am so happy reading your comments and knowing that we were able to create another memorable experience. We definitely have some amazing people working with us and I will make sure to let them all know of the positive impression they made on you. Thank you for letting us know your suite did not have a dishwasher, indeed, our suites are all privately owned and we will enforce the needed feature.
We greatly appreciate your loyalty over the years and look forward to welcome you back home

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had an excellent five days get away in this place where we enjoyed everything. The staff was very kind, breakfast excellent and our suite very comfortable. We appreciated the swimming pool and the direct access to the beach. We sure will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at the Alexander and so happy to see that you enjoyed your suite accommodations, restaurant service and helpfulness of the staff so you will look no further for accommodation on your next visit to Miami
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel was great. The staff was friendly, and the location was relaxing and utterly beautiful. It was an extremely romantic little getaway of sorts for my boyfriend and I. Also the food is very tasty at Shula's - best steak.

Room Tip: Oceanfront. Oceanfront. Ocean. Front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

It was such a pleasure to read your wonderful review on our beautiful property. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful getaway and hope you return as a repeated guest of ours. I am very proud of my front office team, as they constantly go above and beyond to ensure that everything is always perfect for our guests
I am very happy you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the beauty of our property to the delicious “still undefeated” Shula’s steak (the best beef money can buy).
We look forward to your future stays with us

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is lovely with its old world history and beautiful antiques scattered around. Our apartment was wonderful. Clean, good price, excellent value. We did not eat there so cannot comment on restaurant. Beach and pool are beautiful. Management was always available when needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us here at the Alexander and you found our historic building stepped in charm. The Alexander was built during the late 1960's by Mr. Alexander Muss and much of the decor that remains in the main areas of the building and Shula's Steak House can be attributed to his personal collection of European Antiques.
Thank you so much for such a kind review and hope you will come back as a repeated guest of ours for another spectacular experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to try the famous Shula’s steakhouse on your return.
We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The room we stayed in was big and appropriate for larger families but offered little in comfort.

The living area had 2 couches which were dirty and you sat on the springs. The other half of the room had a round table for dining but the table was not attached to the legs. So, we were always on the edge of having the entire top fall off. Absolutely no effort was put into making this room welcoming or comfortable. white walls, white blinds, a TV, 2 couches and a table.

I too was disappointed that the "bigger" pool was closed. I didn't know it before I checked in and I would expect a discount on the room - none received) The hotel is pretty dated.

The one redeeming quality was that the staff (check in desk, bar tender, and valet parkers) were very nice.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I wanted the space and was willing to start cooking for myself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Carmac84

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your honest review of our property. I am very pleased to hear that the Alexander team, from the front desk to the valet, made your stay pleasant, however it pains us to see you have left with such a poor impression of the maintenance of the suite you were given. Claims like yours are not handled lightly and everything you described will be taken care of immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention…
Our hotel is a historical property and our guests admire its’ antique beauty. We are also taking the time to renovate some areas of the property such as the lower pool as you mentioned. We still have the upper pool available and have a private access to the beach.
We hope you will return to see all the exciting changes we are making once our renovations are complete so we may show you the quality hospitality and accommodations you have come to expect from the Alexander.