“Excellent pl to go and have a nice and pleasant time.”

The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #157 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Well went there for my 10 Annivary. My Wife & I love it there. It's nice and makes me feel right at home. I like to go here cause its quite and rooms are HUGE ! I love the fact that everything is close to the action that's on South Beach but still a distance to go home to and relax on the quite side of things like SOUTHBEACH. I always go here for my Miami vacations. I would extremely recommend this pl if your looking for a nice pl for a big party of people.

• Stayed: November 2013
linda m, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

There is no greater joy as to being part of something as beautiful as a decade of love. We at the Alexander would like to thank you for awarding us the opportunity of being your hosts during this time of celebration. We are looking forward to your future stays and anniversaries with us.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was there for a wedding so there was a lot of family that stayed there as well and we shared rooms. They are two bedrooms with bathrooms in each, living rooms, kitchen and dining area. No two rooms were alike, which is not a bad thing, just different and some were much better than others. I am pretty sure most of these rooms are time-shares as a couple of the rooms were exceptional with nice immenities and locks on many of the cabinets. There is lot of marble, granite and stone in the bathrooms and kitchens and throughout the floors. They are very spacious, comfortable and has all the appliances and cookery needed for your own in room dinning if you prefer. The staff was extremely polite and responsive to our needs along with being very spacious. The drink and food prices are way over priced, $12.00 rum and cokes, $18.00 (Yes, $18.00) per glass of a house Cabernet, not sure what the vinyard was, however a Robert Mondavi would have been better. Over a $120.00 lunch (sandwiches) at the pool side bar.(This was without Alcholic drinks) for three people. I reccomend stocking the Fridge, and bringing your own beverages, ( you will need plastic cups outside of your room) and eat somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick a room that is a time share as the owners provide upgrades.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and only wish we were able to archive a higher rating :) The Alexander Hotel is unique and as you mentioned each room is designed differently. The hotel staff can offer suite upgrades depending on availability. Private owners don’t have that flexibility. Once you book a reservation through an owner directly, you are entitled to that apartment and do not have the freedom to upgrade or choose a room to your personal preference. I appreciate your kind words about our service and phenomenal staff and will be sure to pass on the compliments.
I am very happy to hear your overall stay with us was to your satisfaction and look forward to welcome you back

Reviewed November 5, 2013

First, if you are a person with special needs (ie wheel chair accessibility, traveling with kids) you really need to be upfront and ensure that the person booking your trip gets you the things you need. Apparently the front desk is completely unaware of which rooms have which accommodations, after requesting a wheel chair accessible room upon booking we arrived to find the room we had was absolutely not accessible for a wheel chair bound person. The chair would not even come close to fitting through the bathroom doors, it took the front desk 6 hours to find a room that would work for us and they had to rely on the knowledge of their house keeping staff to locate an appropriate room.

If you are traveling with small children, call before you arrive to get a high chair in your room, took over a day to have one provided to us even though we were assured they would have it available for us right away. We actually needed two (we have twins) but after waiting for so long to get one we just gave up on requesting the second.

We were not told about the renovations of the main pool. The only outdoor eating area is right above all the construction work so going there to eat is horrible if you plan on trying to converse with people. In addition, the food at the outdoor place is grossly overpriced for what you get. The quality is not as good as it is advertised to be.

The attached restaurant, Shula's, has extremely overpriced wine!! $18 / GLASS for a Cabernet you can buy a bottle of in the store for $11.00. I could not believe this and refused to buy anything further from their restaurants. There was, however, and WONDERFUL restaurant a few blocks away called Lola's.. highly recommend this place.

The second room we were put into was actually quite nice completely tiled floor in the main area (beautiful tile) and carpeted bedrooms. The bathrooms were all updated and were wonderful. The first room we were in was very outdated. Stained carpets, not coffee maker (asked for one several times but was never brought up), mis matched dishes in the cupboards, broken chair at the table, TV stand was broken and actually tripped over the corner a few times.

The only other thing that seemed frustrating to me is that a lot of the staff spoke little English. When requesting bell hop service to move rooms the person kept shaking their head like they understood what we said (to move from 1603 to room 819) and took all of our stuff downstairs to where they load/unload cars. We also had issues conversing with the room service folks and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Be very specific about what you need in the room and call ahead before checking in to ensure it is a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
It is our sole mission to provide each and every one of our guests with a wonderful memorable experience while treating them with respect and value. Our sincere apologies for not meeting this goal during your recent stay even though we tried to do everything in our power to make your stay your best hotel experience to date.
All Alexander hotel suites are wheelchair accessible, however none of them can be considered handicap. Based on 2010 ADA Standards Condo/Hotels such as the Alexander do not fall under the hotelier’s umbrella since all of the building’s units are individually owned, therefore not required to follows the stated standards. We don’t have handicap suites however in your case we tried to see if we can find a unit with a bathroom door wide enough to allow a wheelchair to pass. Since all of our apartments are designed differently and we do not keep track on that feature we only tried to go out of our way to help you and find you a suite that will accommodate your needs. You checked in at 9am without any additional charge and since only one suite in our building matched this description we had to wait for it to be cleaned. You moved at 3pm which is still before our usual check in time at 4pm.
I am sorry to hear it took so long for the high chair to be delivered and that you found the condition of the first suite you were given not up to our usual standards. This will be immediately addressed.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we hope to have a future opportunity to change your impression.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, as we walked down our hallway on the dirty stained carpet, there was a distinct odor of mold along with 5 fans blowing (probably trying to hide the smell). The condo itself was ok, somewhat outdated. We had 5 people staying in the 2 bedrooms, and when we requested extra towels we were told we'd have to pay for them. The front desk service was rude and unwelcoming. The nicer of the two pools was under construction so instead of waking up to the sounds of the ocean we heard jackhammers & saws. Also, if you plan on eating - BUY GROCERIES - or you'll be paying a cab fee everytime you want to eat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cece252013
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

As disappointing as it is to read your review, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you taking time to provide us with your impressions of our hotel. Clearly, based on your note about the charge for towels it seems like you stayed in one of the private units in the building. The hotel does not provide any services to privately owned apartments.
I regret that your visit was anything less than perfect and hope that you will consider booking with us directly should your travels bring you back to Miami and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Alexander.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is my second stay at the Alexander and they made me feel like a lifetime guest. Upon check-in the Valet and Bellman staff immediately recognized me and welcomed me back as part of the Alexander family.
The front desk staff was warm and so helpful with some special requests.
The suite was modern, impeccably furnished and super clean.
the drinks that the pool staff produced for me were creative and fun.
Unfortunately I was only able to stay for two days , but I felt so relaxed during that short period making it feel like a weeks vacation.
I look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: work with the front desk staff on your needs and they will set you up with the correct suite.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such phenomenal review. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and guest loyalty our highest reward.
We would love to have you here forever, but so glad to know that even after just 2 days with us you felt rejuvenated and relaxed. Our staff strives to provide the most attentive and exceptional service and we are so happy we were consistent in delivering this level of service.
We value your comments and praise and cannot wait to welcome you back

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We just got home from an amazing trip to Miami, popped the question on the beach at sunset, what a moment, she said yes. lol.

I tend not to comment on these sites, but i must say everyones comments are usually right on, so here we go.

The Good:
Great Location
Amazing diverse food
close to South Beach if like that stuff
Amazing Beach

Hotel.
Great staff and courteous
Hotel room did not have hot water in one of the bathrooms and their was a leak in the ceiling.
I was not told that it is $26.00 per day to park my car, i was told their was metered parking, i am on vacation so i have no time for that dilemma.
Was unaware that we had to pay $10.00 per chair if we wanted to stay at the beach from an outside company.
Was aware that (1) lof the pools is under construction but all day can be annoying, especially when you want to have a drink & food at their pool side restaurant.

Just a judgement call on my behalf, Miami is amazing this time of year, i have some great places for Cuban food if interested.

Respectfully,
Neil.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alstarz
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performances and our strong points, as well as to more quickly identify areas needing attention and improvement. We are sorry for the noise at the pool and the water issues in your suite. This will be addressed immediately
We are pleased your visit to Miami and the Alexander was so memorable and the spectacular settings added to this special moment in your life
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Come back and have your wedding with us :)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I understand that the quality of each unit is different, but the one we stayed in needed updating several years ago. In fact the whole hotel is in need of an upgrade. The elevators had just been inspected and failed, one was out of service and the other was only allowed to operate for a further 30 days. Half way through our stay the fire alarm flashed for most of the day. One of the reasons for booking this hotel was because the pools looked good. The main pool was being renovated and we had the sound of jackhammers while at the smaller pool. We should have been notified at the time of booking that the pool was out of service. The restaurants were very over priced for the quality of food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zma2013

Dear Guest,
I know this doesn't make the experience you had any better, however I want to assure you that my team and I take your comments seriously and that your perception of our hotel does matter to us. Both of our completely updated state of the art elevators are now up and running. We are also working very hard in order to complete the lower level pool renovations as soon as possible and hope this will not be your last impression of the Alexander.
We value your business, and hope you will consider us again in the future. I am sure that we can provide an outstanding experience for you, and we look forward to the opportunity to do just that.