“Book thru recognised travel company or Hotel Direct”

The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #144 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
gibraltar
“Book thru recognised travel company or Hotel Direct”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love the Alexander have stayed here on numerous occasions, I rented semi-directly thru for a better price. These suits are normally privately owned are suites the Hotel refuse to rent because of there inferior condition.
Stick with Bookings.com or similar don't be misled.
The hotel staff are all very courteous and I met the manager Mr Freedman who was the perfect host.
Food at Shulas a bit expensive but top quality steak.
The beach joins the property and is well looked after, I personally like the views of Downtown Miami. I will be back.

Room Tip: If you like looking at the beach that's nice but at night the suites with views to downtown miam...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I hope we have the pleasure of having you come back soon! It is a great honor to have any guest, but it means the world to us to have a guest return to our hotel. It means we have created an experience worth repeating :)
At the end of the day, it is our staff that truly makes a lasting impression on our guest experiences and how wonderful is to see you met our most respected GM Mr. Friedman who indeed is a great host
See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice - both times for WMC in March. It is not located in South Beach, which has its positives and negatives. Positives, more spacious rooms, lower cost, and less crowded streets. Negatives, requires cabs to get to most dining and nightlife spots, except LIV which is located really close.

In terms of beach quality, the hotel has a great beach strip and it also has two pools which are excellent. The staff has been very helpful both times. The sleep quality is excellent and the suites are spacious and clean, unlike most hotels in South Beach.

It's hard to find things to complain about, except the price of room service. If I remember correctly, I paid $20 for 2 eggs and some toast.

If you get the right room, you will also get a phenomenal view of downtown Miami. I'm coming back here and I'd recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stoyaan
On behalf of our resort we thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear from our valuable guests. We enjoy creating new and memorable experiences for you each and every time. Hope to be able to see you again next March and welcome you home!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The first time I visited the hotel Alexander was in May 2011 with two other girlfriends. We stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, and partial ocean view on the 10th floor. The staff were friendly, the resort is directly on the beach and not overcrowded.

I returned to this resort on June 20-23 (2013) for my 29th birthday with 8 other guests in three separate rooms. They treated us like royalty! They gave us drink vouchers to celebrate my return (and my birthday). Highly recommend the Mahi-Mahi sandwich at No Name Bar along with William the bartender. He makes the best drinks! He makes a mean mojito!

Special thanks to Paul at the front desk for his very generous upgrade and special thanks to Hillary for noting it was my birthday and booking the reservation in the first place.

Room Tip: If you can, spend the extra money to book the full Oceanview rooms. You can sleep on the balcony in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander as your luxury destination. We are honored to count you among one of our valued guests, and thankful for your praise. It always gives us great pleasure to be able to surprise and delight our guests with a complimentary upgrade when it is available. We couldn't agree with you more that Paul and Hillary are gems! We are delighted you enjoyed your return visit and look forward to creating more memorable experiences for you in the near future. Please come back soon.
Sterling
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was in Miami for vacation with a few of my girlfriends and we really enjoyed our stay at the Alexander. We stayed in a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite and it was the perfect space for an extended weekend trip. We were pleased with the value of the room with the amenities provided.
We took advantage of the pools, beach access and the jetski service. We had a wonderful jetski tour with John and had a great time. We also enjoyed happy hour at Shula's which has great happy hour prices!
David, one of their concierge, was incredibly helpful throughout our stay. He recommended dinner at Wynwood Kitchen and Bar and this was by far our most enjoyable dinner of our trip. The concierge was attentive, thorough and offered wonderful suggestions throughout our trip. We also placed a couple of housekeeping requests during our stay and they always responded quickly.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return to the Alexander, if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel made for a family friendly vacation The Alexander is a good hotel option. The two pools are perfect for kids and the beach is just a few steps away. If you want to hit the beach be prepared to pay for umbrellas/lounge chairs. Beach towels are provided by the pool which is great, you just pick up and drop off.
The staff is very helpful however I did notice a lot of reviews which are all over the map. I think the reason behind this is based on the unit you get and how well it has been maintained. The unit I stayed in was good, not the most upgraded suite but clean. I know that whenever I needed anything I was helped right away.
If you want a hotel that has more action head down towards south beach because this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mariela I, Front Office Manager at The Alexander All-Suite Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. They say location drives business but I believe genuine service makes all the difference. Come back and see us again soon. Thank you for your business!!
Sincerely
Mariela
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First, we arrived very early and some of my family's rooms were not ready until well after the check-in time. (I work at a hotel and I understand that this happens from time-to time for various reasons). Not a problem for me, but frustrating for them. Fortunately, we could all pile into one or two rooms until the rest were ready.

My sister needed to switch her room, and it was a non-issue when she called the front desk. However, when she went to the front desk to switch rooms, it became an issue, that I thought should have been easily remedied by the front desk. A bigger deal was made of it than was necessary. I told the agent and the MOD a solution to the problem, and it was worked out. Again, I am not sure why they could not come to the solution themselves, but having worked a front desk for years myself, it was a quick and easy solution to both our problem and theirs.

The hotel itself-well, the two main elevators were not working properly for half of the trip, they finally had the 'newer' elevator working. They did have two other elevators that guests could use (Shabbat and the freight). So, very frustrating at times, full elevators, most of the time. Then having to use the elevators that the staff/housekeeping uses most likely slowed their process down too. The hotel was very clean. The pools were maintained and cleaned every morning. (The pool hours were sunrise to sunset.) There was a pool bar, always crowded so I guess it was good for guests. The two pools were nice, very warm water. Not good for some people that like cool refreshing water, but I like warm, so good for me. The beach was beautiful. Some seaweed wash-up, but not overwhelming. The business center was not operable, and had not been for awhile. Pretty disappointing because I really needed to use a computer and printer. The concierge was suggested if I wanted to print boarding passes, but I didn't, so too bad for me.

The room (1521-a junior suite) was great. It had a full view of the bay and a side view of the ocean. The room was airy and not overwhelmed by a lot of 'stuff'. Perfect for the four of us in our room. The master bathroom was a room itself. A HUGE jacuzzi tub. The closet is in the bathroom. Still, a sink and a toilet. An afterthought to mount a shower in the wall of the tub. Kinda crazy since water would spray everywhere (mostly in the tub), but if I wanted to shower, I just used the other bathroom. There was a slight water leak from a light fixture in the bathroom but maintenance was very quick to resolve the issue. I was just happy that it was nothing major and did not cause us to have to change rooms. The a/c unit in the master bedroom was a little loud. There was a switch to turn it off, but with all the wonderful sunlight the rooms gets, it gets warm quickly.

Housekeeping-I am low maintenance and only wanted HSKP to clean once. Most days the housekeeper came after five, which is very late. Only the next to the last day, did they come around 10am.. The other two requests were for dish detergent (I like to handwash my dishes) and it was impossible to get that from a housekeeper. She told me that she would be back with it. I waited for several hours and she never returned with it. That was all I requested on that day. The other day I requested a roll of paper towels. After five conversations about a roll of paper towels, which she had on her cart, but would not let us have, hours later she brought back toilet paper. Having once again to show her the empty roll of paper towels, she finally came back with them. It seemed as if it would have been easier to let her clean the room everyday. This was very frustrating for me, especailly since the housekeeper was quick to make me sign her paper that I did not want the room cleaned (which she never had a pen, and I had to look for a pen every day that I signed.) Doesn't housekeeping put pens and pads in rooms for check-ins...?

Anyway, Miley and Lucy were great. Some others need to work on their 'customer service' and perhaps learn to think outside the box and not let 'no' be the answer to everything. People pay good money for vacations.

Tips: There is an atm machine in the hotel next to this one (fee is 2.50).
The bus runs often and all night to South Beach (less often late at night). $2 one way. Get off at 17th street and walk. The streets are packed with restaurants, bars, souvenir shops, shopping, etc. The beach is wider and more crowded. There are public restrooms on the beach.
We went to the Everglades to see alligators. Well, we saw an eye of one. Was it worth the $23, probably not. But the airboat ride was cool. The show afterwards was nice but the guy had an annoying voice. Try the one that the Gator Boys take the alligators too, same price.
There grocery stores are called Publix and they have Super-Walmart not too far away.
The mall is Bal Harbour.
Fishing was great on a chartered boat, we caught Tuna, Mackeral, and Barracuda. I am not a seafood lover, but my family said the fish was excellent (the barracuda and mackeral)-not fishy tasting. The boat folks asked to keep the tuna, they said it was gamey tasting and they were going to use it to fish for sharks (yeah, sure, wink, wink).

Room Tip: The rooms with a lower number are closer to the ocean (ex. 1501). The rooms with higher numbers are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Check-in was quick, the front desk person was friendly. That ocean view... I wish I could take it home with me. The suite was very spacious, and my stay was very quiet and relaxing. Shula's food was so good~ Also very easy pool and beach access. Overall had a great time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. The Alexander team takes great pride in delivering a superior experience and I'm pleased to know that we were able to deliver that for you. Please be sure and share with all your friends and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor
Best